Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

34 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He’s right. It was like a whole paragraph removed from the specific word “favor” when he said...

“The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.”

If there were an intelligent argument to be made here, this ain’t it.

"Not surprised" poll.  

He literally did that, knowing that there were at least a dozen people listening in on the phone call.  (In at least two countries.)  And actually believed that not one of them would reveal it.  In fact, that every single one of them would lie to cover for him.  

(And he was pretty much right.)  

Edit:  

In fact, one of the things I demand, as part of my impeachment investigations?  

The list of every other person who was allowed to listen to that phone call, either live or on tape.  

Grassley forgets that Republicans on Nixon impeachment were late to the party like always. They didn't get involved in writing impeachment articles until it was pretty obvious that he was going to be impeached without them. Just like now, it was a political decision then and now, they don't uphold their Constitutional oath of office until forced because their next election.

The GOP deflection going on during the sunday morning shows is embarrassing.  Even AG Barr is kind of throwing Trump under the bus stating Neither Trump or anyone else came to him to look into this.  It's obvious Trump was trying to skirt around any actual due process on this by using his "personal attorney" Guiliani.

Any Republican asked about this can't go 10 seconds without say "Joe Biden, Hunter Biden.....Ukrain prosecutor"  They refuse to even address the actual conduct by Trump.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Grassley forgets that Republicans on Nixon impeachment were late to the party like always. They didn't get involved in writing impeachment articles until it was pretty obvious that he was going to be impeached without them. Just like now, it was a political decision then and now, they don't uphold their Constitutional oath of office until forced because their next election.

Well Dems didn't either on the Clinton impeachment. So don't say this is uniquely a Republican thing (And yes I agree his asking for the investigation of Biden is definitely an abuse of power and impeachable).  

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well Dems didn't either on the Clinton impeachment. So don't say this is uniquely a Republican thing (And yes I agree his asking for the investigation of Biden is definitely an abuse of power and impeachable).  

Sweet Jesus man. My kingdom for one ****ing post from you that isn't "BUT THE DEMS!!!"

25 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well Dems didn't either on the Clinton impeachment.

I was going to dismiss your attempt to bring Clinton into this thread as a distraction.  But it's the impeachment thread, not the Trump impeachment thread.  

So instead I'll try tp respond to your attempts to equate the Republican Party's deliberate, unanimous, attempts to obstruct any investigation whatsoever into the numerous crimes which Team Trump has openly admitted to, to the notion that the Dems tried to block the impeachment of Bill Clinton.  

So I'll ask:  In your opinion, 

1)  When did the impeachment of Bill Clinton begin?

2)  How "late to the party" were the Dems?  

Archived