Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, Larry said:

1)  "going to"?  

2)  "Trump and the Republican Party".  He is being intentionally, actively, assisted in his efforts.  

Yes, I agree, but he is going to end up doing far worse once he knows he is done, and it's staggering how much damage he has already done. Those in the GOP that refuse to stand up to him deserve to be hung for actively supporting him. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Oh joy. 

We're back to the "Trump is playing 4D chess and is secretly a strategic genius" gambit. 

I'd say intuitive and reactionary.

I do think his response to the whistleblower charge was not what the Dems expected.

3 minutes ago, twa said:

I do think his response to the whistleblower charge was not what the Dems expected.

Who didn’t expect Trump to lash, flail, and hurl insults while denying responsibility for his reality?

i mean that’s all he ever does (lie and flail wildly)

7 minutes ago, twa said:

One time when I was a teacher, a kid threw his cell phone at my head from like 3 feet away. We weren't arguing or anything. Just hit me in the head with his cell phone out of nowhere. Then he goes, "Bet you weren't expecting that, were you?" And I'm like, "NO!"

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Who didn’t expect Trump to lash, flail, and hurl insults while denying responsibility for his reality?

i mean that’s all he ever does (lie and flail wildly)

Missing the forest for the trees eh?

Pompeo says State Dept. officials won’t show up for scheduled impeachment depositions this week

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”

The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

A spokesman for the committee had no immediate comment.

The statements came as Pompeo’s role in the Ukraine investigation broadened with reports that he was a participant in the July 25 call by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to the impeachment investigation.

Click on the link for the full article

16 minutes ago, China said:

Pompeo says State Dept. officials won’t show up for scheduled impeachment depositions this week

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”

The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

A spokesman for the committee had no immediate comment.

The statements came as Pompeo’s role in the Ukraine investigation broadened with reports that he was a participant in the July 25 call by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to the impeachment investigation.

Click on the link for the full article

Here it comes.  Building to a moment where the White House just blocks everything.  How will the House respond. What can they do? What will the Courts back.  This will be a seminal moment in our history.  Does Congress matter?

Archived