Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's still uncanny how the term "witch hunt" has been misused in regards to this entire trial.  Trump broke the law, got caught, went to trial for it, was acquitted. Doesn't sound like any witch hunt I've ever read about?

That’s because you don’t live in an alternate universe where he didn’t break the law, there is no evidence, the trial was a kangaroo court and despite all that trump was victorious 

9 minutes ago, twa said:

Mitt finally using his eyes, ears & brain to make a decision doesn't make him a hero. It makes the rest of the GOP look like lap dogs. I mean lets get real here.  Yes, Romney could be hurting the future of his political career by breaking ranks with the "Trump or die" party, but it's not like Mitt is going out on a limb in saying Trump deserves to be removed.  In fact many of his colleagues have basically all said the same thing, but are too weak to go through with it. 

1 hour ago, twa said:

Guess I wasn't on the mailing list for any of those charges against him.  

Only things I remember saying about Mitt was during the R primary debates, observing that the only person on the stage who's still married to his first wife stood no chance of getting the nomination, because he wasn't the right kind of Christian.  And then, when a lot of the R's tried to attack him because he only paid 9% income taxes, observing that Romney was the only R candidate who hadn't promised to cut Romney's taxes to zero.  

5 hours ago, visionary said:

"Everybody in America can call witnesses on their behalf, except President Trump. Everybody in America can introduce evidence, except President Trump"

Dude. That's what A TRIAL is for. You know...what you were just a part of. And you literally just voted to NOT allow any witnesses. I have no clue how this guy sleeps at night. 

The Republicans complained about not being allowed to call witnesses during the impeachment investigation (they were allowed to ask but it had to get past a committee vote). So it gets to the Senate for trial...where they had full power to vote to allow witnesses. And they did everything they possibly could to make sure it didn't happen.

Hm...why would that be...maybe because they knew very well that the witnesses the impeachment managers would have been able to call would have been disastrous to Trump and the ones they would have called would have simply been a farce and a fishing expedition for conspiracy theories? 

A) Lindsay Graham is a terrible friend.  I would bet any amount of money, he hasnt once talked to Joe Biden about this, man to man, as a friend before going full bore after him.

B ) The only reason Romney made that vote is 1) he doesn't need this job, and 2) even if he did, he's not up re-election for another 5 years.

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i think this acquittal will only embolden him to be more brazen in his actions and decisions. there are actual humans out there that think he does not lie. the republicans who are supposed to provide a check, sans Romney, just swallowed the entire load. he is theirs and he will exploit that

Yup, takers don't all of a sudden learn to self-regulate. They just take and take till you breakdown and then they find another host to parasite off of or prey on.

34 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The only reason Romney made that vote is 1) he doesn't need this job, and 2) even if he did, he's not up re-election for another 5 years.

Everybody needs to be careful about their ability to discern motive. There’s a very real possibility that he did it because he realized how dangerous it would be not to do the right thing. He’s certainly not making his life any easier with that vote.

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

"Everybody in America can call witnesses on their behalf, except President Trump. Everybody in America can introduce evidence, except President Trump"

Dude. That's what A TRIAL is for. You know...what you were just a part of. And you literally just voted to NOT allow any witnesses. I have no clue how this guy sleeps at night. 

The Republicans complained about not being allowed to call witnesses during the impeachment investigation (they were allowed to ask but it had to get past a committee vote). So it gets to the Senate for trial...where they had full power to vote to allow witnesses. And they did everything they possibly could to make sure it didn't happen.

Hm...why would that be...maybe because they knew very well that the witnesses the impeachment managers would have been able to call would have been disastrous to Trump and the ones they would have called would have simply been a farce and a fishing expedition for conspiracy theories? 

The argument was that the democrats wanted their witnesses only and would not vote to allow Trumps defense team bring in their witnesses or introduce new evidence (if they asked for a vote - since it's dem controlled).  Making it one sided with no fair shot to prove he shouldn't be impeached.  

Which is why they voted to not allow any witnesses at all during the senate trial.  There is no way they were going to help the democrats after that.  Especially since they have been calling for his impeachment before he was sworn into office and the last 3 years.  Though, I'm pretty sure had they asked for a vote during the impeachment process and it was approved, Trump still would have been impeached and the Senate still would have voted on no witnesses at the trial.

Hey Lindsey,

If you're so appalled by Hunter Biden getting a free job in Ukraine just because he was the vice president's son, you must be incredibly outraged by Ivanka Trump overseeing a construction project in Azerbaijan that was merely a money laundering operation for the IRG/Al Quds!  Lindsey....uh, Lindsey?

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The argument was that the democrats wanted their witnesses only and would not vote to allow Trumps defense team bring in their witnesses or introduce new evidence (if they asked for a vote - since it's dem controlled).  Making it one sided with no fair shot to prove he shouldn't be impeached.  

Which is why they voted to not allow any witnesses at all during the senate trial.  There is no way they were going to help the democrats after that.  Especially since they have been calling for his impeachment before he was sworn into office and the last 3 years.  Though, I'm pretty sure had they asked for a vote during the impeachment process and it was approved, Trump still would have been impeached and the Senate still would have voted on no witnesses at the trial.

It's also possible that House Republicans on the committee didn't have any witnesses who would have any sort of factual bearing on the case. Remember how they wanted to bring in Hunter Biden and kept demanding that the whistle blower come in? The Republicans didn't have any actual fact witnesses; they wanted to turn the entire thing into a circus and distract. Schiff wouldn't let them do it. 

The Republicans voted to not allow any witnesses during the Senate trial because they have no witnesses who help them. Every single fact witness who was involved and testified said the same stuff, and it was all bad for Trump. And if Bolton and Mulvaney were forced to testify it would get way worse for them. If there were witnesses, actual fact witnesses with real information and bearing on the case, who had exculpatory evidence in Trump's favor, they would have allowed witnesses. They didn't, so they didn't.

The whole "he was not given due process" thing was just a sham. They wanted procedural things to **** about but at the end of the day, they wanted as little information as possible because they knew perfectly well that probably 99% of any new information or testimony was going to be even more damaging for Trump. 

Archived