Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

i feel like i do this every time this happens, so sorry for being boring....

I'm not giving Mitt Romney props. The guy wanted to be in this administration. Every step of the way he's done what he thought was politically convenient for him - not what's best for the country. It just so happens sometimes those two things aligned, sometimes they didn't, and he often did a poor job anyways.

Too many of these people get a pass because they say something right at the right moment, and it overshadows the bigger picture of what they've been up to lately.

So, for me, Romney can join the likes of Susan Collins and others - smart enough to know better, but too much of a **** to stand up and do the right thing regularly. 

He's slightly better than Susan Collins. Doesn't mean much to me.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

i feel like i do this every time this happens, so sorry for being boring....

I'm not giving Mitt Romney props. The guy wanted to be in this administration. Every step of the way he's done what he thought was politically convenient for him - not what's best for the country. It just so happens sometimes those two things aligned, sometimes they didn't, and he often did a poor job anyways.

Too many of these people get a pass because they say something right at the right moment, and it overshadows the bigger picture of what they've been up to lately.

So, for me, Romney can join the likes of Susan Collins and others - smart enough to know better, but too much of a **** to stand up and do the right thing regularly. 

He's slightly better than Susan Collins. Doesn't mean much to me.

This is the first time Romney has put some tangible action behind what previously been meaningless rhetoric. For that he deserves some modicum of commendation.

Only so much they can do in retribution. He's massively wealthy and old.

I don't really take much satisfaction in Romney's vote. I suppose in some remote way it prevents the GOP from screaming it was a scam, hoax, blah, blah, blah. But the truth is, they'll still scream "witch hunt" despite six Senators saying the House proved their case before they decided to vote against impeachment. Heck, Trump will likely up his wrongdoings now that he knows for sure he can get away with it.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

He didn't follow through to vote to convict the second article. He knows we wouldn't even be at this phase of Constitutional impeachment if the House had gone through the courts with subpoena process. Trump himself in public called on Ukraine to investigate Bidens as well as China. That's enough.

Yes, and that is why he voted for Article I on Abuse of Power (rightfully as the transcript proved that imo). Article II was for obstruction of Congress and since, as you point out yourself, Congress didn't want to take the time to go through the courts over subpoena's, he had to acquit. I'm disappointed the rest of the Republicans didn't find him guilty of Article 1 and also disappointed any of the Dems found him guilty for Article II.  Romney is the only Senator that got this right.

32 minutes ago, visionary said:

That's....not how this works....

Yeah, he kinda got it backwards. Nobody is "acquitted for life". That's like saying if I'm acquitted of robbing someone I can never ever be found guilty in the future if I rob another person. But, the impeachment will be there forever. This guy is such a toolbag. 

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, he kinda got it backwards. Nobody is "acquitted for life". That's like saying if I'm acquitted of robbing someone I can never ever be found guilty in the future if I rob another person. But, the impeachment will be there forever. This guy is such a toolbag. 

Kevin McCarthy watched Double Jeopardy too much.

MV5BM2UzNzYzMjctYmI0MS00MzQ3LTliMTktOTA1MGU0YTM3NzRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Archived