Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

What in holy hell....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-reads-alleged-whistleblowers-181607462.html

Rand Paul reads alleged whistleblower's name and Republicans 'fine' with it

Sen. Rand Paul read aloud the name of the alleged whistleblower who first raised alarms about President Donald Trump's conduct toward Ukraine. And most Republicans didn’t seem to care.

After being denied by Chief Justice John Roberts last week, Paul used a period reserved for senators’ impeachment speeches to read aloud the name of an intelligence community official alleged to be the whistleblower.

"They made a big mistake not allowing my question. My question did not talk about anybody who is a whistleblower, my question did not accuse anybody of being whistleblower, it did not make a statement believing that someone was a whistleblower. I simply named two people's names because I think it's very important to know what happened," Paul said on the floor.

It’s the type of move that might have prompted a backlash from within his own party not too long ago, and several senators said they would not have done it. But after three weeks of the impeachment trial and with Trump’s firm grip over the party, there was little blowback from his colleagues on Tuesday.

“I was glad we didn’t put the chief justice in a bad situation,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of the GOP leadership. “I have some sympathy for [Paul’s] view on this. The whistleblower law should protect the whistleblower’s job and future opportunity and not necessarily hide who the whistleblower is.”

“It’s fine,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.). “Had there been a vote on it, I probably would have voted to override the chief justice.”

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who has long touted his reputation protecting whistleblowers, said simply: “If it’s the same name everybody else used, then it’s kind of out there.”

Have you people lost your minds?

13 hours ago, Burgold said:

Rush Limbaugh is a Presidential Medal of Freedom Award winner? Way to turn that award into toilet paper. What in the world has Limbaugh done, even if you like him as a commentator, to be worthy of America's highest honor?

I would assert that when it comes to the current situation, with actual Nazis marching in the streets to celebrate their victory, the two people most responsible for it are Rush Limbaugh and Roger Ailes.  

It's important to take the time and recognize people who make the hard, but character-based choice in times of struggle. He could probably lose his seat because of this position or for other reasons, but he still did what was right and I respect and appreciate him for it.

It takes spirit and courage to chose character over security and station. We need more people like Doug in this country.

"I will fulfill my oath & vote in favor of both articles of impeachment.".  (After carefully checking behind closed doors to make sure that there won't be enough votes to actually remove him.)  

(And, of course, after voting against allowing any witnesses to actually testify under oath about his guilt.  Because well, seeing people testify about his guilt might have moved the political needle some.)  

Yeah.  Props for his courage and ethics.  

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

"I will fulfill my oath & vote in favor of both articles of impeachment.".  (After carefully checking behind closed doors to make sure that there won't be enough votes to actually remove him.)  

(And, of course, after voting against allowing any witnesses to actually testify under oath about his guilt.  Because well, seeing people testify about his guilt might have moved the political needle some.)  

Yeah.  Props for his courage and ethics.  

Doug Jones is a democrat.........

Edit: in a red state that just won a special election against the dominant party candidate in 2018.  He was the first democrat to do so since 1992 (26 years), so yes, he basically threw away his re-election in 2020, imo.

14 hours ago, Burgold said:

Rush Limbaugh is a Presidential Medal of Freedom Award winner? Way to turn that award into toilet paper. What in the world has Limbaugh done, even if you like him as a commentator, to be worthy of America's highest honor?

It may be the highest honor most Americans are eligible for but it is not America's highest honor. 

9 minutes ago, nonniey said:

It may be the highest honor most Americans are eligible for but it is not America's highest honor. 

While I do agree with what you say, did it really need to be said?  Everyone knows what he is saying.  This seems like some little, ticky-tack bull**** to distract from the actual point being made and brings nothing to the conversation. 

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

While I do agree with what you say, did it really need to be said?  Everyone knows what he is saying.  This seems like some little, ticky-tack bull**** to distract from the actual point being made and brings nothing to the conversation. 

Speaking of bringing nothing to the conversation.......

Archived