Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

i'm busy bringing to market my line of political-figure pinatas for parties and the 'susan collins' will be one of my first models

go ahead ya pacifist peacenik snowflake libtards---tell me you can picture that very specific face and not get all-atingle at the idea of just hitting it repeatedly with a stick until something good comes out of it

It doesn't surprise me, but it saddens me that Republicans aren't publicly ashamed and embarrassed right now. These decisions to avoid evidence that have been so obviously obstructed are so blatant. They are worse then cowards. They are becoming knowing accomplices. 

It's becoming exceedingly clear that my fears, when the house choose to move forward rather than challenge the Trump Administration in court, were valid.  This is shaping up to be a quick and easy win for the Trump administration.  It was a mistake to leave any stone unturned no matter how lengthy the process might have proven to be.  A big one.

i'm still of the take that the dems played the hand better by not going to court, as did nancy holding up delivery of the articles (which was really a 6-7 day delay in terms of actual process---nothing was going to be done over the break other than using anything the dems sent as fodder for fox and all rw media to rip up and discredit and help the senate with preparation time on their opening remarks)

in the meantime a lot of stuff that would have been more lumped together and steamrolled in coverage has been in focus and dominant in public discussion

i think it's working slowly and incrementally---as these things historically have fwiw---in the dms flavor and today so far i think there was more of that

i'm actually encouraged (keep in mind my base position since he became the nominee was it would be all over the day he took office, perio, it would just take a few years), but this is certainly a wait and see situation

36 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

if Trump gets re-elected, I will no longer be voting. Everything this country "stands" for so far his been a sham, proves the constitution really is just a piece of paper.

aw, c'mon pinoch--- if ya wanna be a real boy that's the time to remember that many great guerrilla fighters were lefties

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

if Trump gets re-elected, I will no longer be voting. Everything this country "stands" for so far his been a sham, proves the constitution really is just a piece of paper.

Similar stuff happened during the clinton impeachment.  Plus, it's early.  These senators are just playing the party line early (required) which is why Senator Wafflehouse (collins) released a statement.

Stay the course, even queen dotard said in one of it's books that the truth finds it's way out.

25 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m betting three Pubs vote for witnesses as political cover, and Dems come up one vote shy of getting witnesses.

I'd be willing to bet that the party has been discussing behind closed doors which Party members get to give themselves cover, while still making sure that it doesn't pass.  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'd be willing to bet that the party has been discussing behind closed doors which Party members get to give themselves cover, while still making sure that it doesn't pass.  

That's exactly how I see it. Collins for sure, her seat is vulnerable. 

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

WE are going to have to take up arms against King trump. Few will risk their lives for him.

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

If the trial has no witnesses it won't work. Those Senators will still be just as vulnerable as they are today. People who want witnesses aren't interested in moral victory votes.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And you believe it will be a free and fair election why?

Because I’m not a wild eyed conspiracy theorist, and we’ve already done this one before.  Remember when Bush stole the election and Diebold was going to switch all of our votes?  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Because I’m not a wild eyed conspiracy theorist, and we’ve already done this one before.  Remember when Bush stole the election and Diebold was going to switch all of our votes?  

Except then there was anywhere near the evidence that someone had tampered with that election.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Russia or another foreign state straight up hack the election to ensure trump gets 740 electoral votes. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Except then there was anywhere near the evidence that someone had tampered with that election.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Russia or another foreign state straight up hack the election to ensure trump gets 740 electoral votes. 

Then we were told Bush and Katherine Harris stole florida and that the Supreme Court helped him get away with it.  It was much more compelling than Russia spreading fake news via social media imo.  

Ultimately though I think the election came down to Hillary failing to secure the working class votes in battleground states thanks to a mixture of hubris and poor campaign strategy.  She ran a low energy campaign that failed to secure the very same people that had voted for her predecessor.  Hopefully the next democratic nominee wins back those votes that have long favored democrats.  If they do, Trump is out no matter what Republicans in the senate have to say about it. 

Archived