Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

30 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think Larry’s point was that just because they have taken pictures together isn’t proof they knew each other or worked together.  You’ll need more evidence than that to prove a conspiracy.

My point is that I see a whole lot of things that I think might justify investigation.  Hopefully enough for search warrants and things.  

his claims are important if they check out.  

Now, it's not just his claims.  There's the phone call itself.  The fact that the aid got held up.  On Trump's orders.  There's Rudy's "I have no government position whatsoever, and I'd like an off the books meeting with the ruler of your country to discuss something that I don't want a record of."  

(Although all of those things came out before Parnas' claims.  So the fact that his claims match with those things might simply mean that he made claims that matched with what was already known.

13 hours ago, Larry said:

Now, I do want to point out:  

I'm absolutely certain that celebrities (and Trump was a celebrity long before he was a politician.  And all politicians are celebrities) get their pictures taken with a whole bunch of people.  I have no doubt that people like Trump, or congressmen, or similar people, get their picture taken 50 times a day, with complete strangers.  (Some of whom actually have agendas for wanting the picture.)  

I've had my picture taken with Leonard Nimoy.  He doesn't know me from ****.  

The fact that Lev Parnas has a picture of himself standing next to Trump is not proof that Trump conspired with Parnas to murder an Ambassador.  

Agreed. But if you go back to what Cohen said about White House Occupant (paraphrasing): "He never tells people directly what to do."

I think in this case, White House Occupant was in direct contact with Rudy (you know, his private lawyer so their conversations can't be made public). Rudy, in turn, doled out the marching orders to Parnas, Perry, Pence, etc. I would find it believable that Parnas never spoke directly to White House Occupant during the entire Ukraine scheme. But, I also don't believe White House Occupant doesn't know Parnas - on some kind of 'I recognize that guy' level. Parnas has spent too much time (as he stated in the Maddow interview) with White House Occupant at various places & in meetings. 

The White House Occupant's talking points are the exact same words as he said on the airplane when asked if he knew Stormy Daniels: "You'll have to talk to Michael Cohen about that. I don't know anything about her." Same expression on his stupid orange face, as well. His compulsive lying is easy to read on that orange face. 

10 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

But if you go back to what Cohen said about White House Occupant (paraphrasing): "He never tells people directly what to do."

Oh, I don't doubt it.  He at least thinks that he's a clever, organized, criminal.  

Recall a pundir (Neal Boortz, conservative radio talk show host and attorney) making a comment (about Reagan and Iran-Contra, in this case) about that type of thing.  

He said that you get situations where even if you get a wire or a bug, and you have a recording of the whole thing, your case still winds up with you, in court, arguing over whether:  

Did the Godfather say:

We got a problem in Detroit

or did he say

We got a problem in Detroit.  And next Tuesday, I'm going to a birthday party for my niece.  She's turning 12.  And when I go to my niece's party, I don't want to still have a problem in Detroit.  

But I do think that there's some things about this case that I think make things easier to demonstrate.   

For one thing, Rudy might think he's being all clever with his "I'm representing Donald Trump, private citizen".  But Donald Trump, private citizen's lawyer, doesn't get to request private meeting with foreign heads of state.  (Well, OK, maybe if they're crooked foreign heads of state.)  

And then there's the fact that they were going through all of this "oh, this is completely off the record" hoops is evidence of criminal conspiratorial intent.  

And then we get into the fact that a "Oh, Rudy did this whole thing without Trump's approval" kinda falls apart when we get to the fact that the aid was blocked.  Rudy, the attorney for private citizen Trump, doesn't get to hold up that aid.  President of the United States Trump has to do that.  

10 hours ago, visionary said:

She's getting more attention that she deserves. The only thing she had going for her running for the seat she was HANDED after losing her shot at the other was she's a Veteran. Now she's not only running against another Veteran.....but an Veteran who was an Astronaut and is the husband of Gabby Giffords. How do you attack somebody like that and not look like to total piece of ****?

This is the same as the Stefanik nonsense. The old white guys in the Senate need a woman to go on camera and stir it up, and in return they promise her campaign help. So.....McSally......get out there and be the biggest MAGA jerk you can be. 

Lev Parnas, the LITERAL point man for the entire Ukraine scandal, LITERALLY hands over every major cabinet member of the Trump administration to the entire nation of citizens.

Republican-controlled Congress and half of our citizens will will LITERALLY ignore it in an effort to cover up the LITERAL crime.

We are a criminal state now.  Literally.

On the one hand, if things break right, GOP shenanigans during this impeachment could potentially wind up being beneficial for Democrats.  Like, if all the additional dirt comes out after they've screwed around trying to cover it up.  Instead of just taking Trump out, you let them get wrapped up in it and then take out a bunch of 'em.

Wishful thinking, I know.  lol

Yeah, one would hope that voting to acquit a President who has been obviously, publicly, criminal for years, based solely on party loyalty, would carry a "permanently unelectible to any public position" penalty with it.  

We all konw that it won't.  

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

On the one hand, if things break right, GOP shenanigans during this impeachment could potentially wind up being beneficial for Democrats.  Like, if all the additional dirt comes out after they've screwed around trying to cover it up.  Instead of just taking Trump out, you let them get wrapped up in it and then take out a bunch of 'em.

Wishful thinking, I know.  lol

Not until enough Trump voters have died.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Looking forward to reading the constitutional arguments against a procedure which is specifically listed as an enumerated power in the constitution.  

It is the charges and process he will address, but you probably know that

4 minutes ago, twa said:

It is the charges and process he will address, but you probably know that

By "charges and process" you mean "inventing the claim out of thin air that they didn't use the color of paper which I just decided they should have used, therefore diversion of government funds to solicit an illegal campaign contribution clearly cannot be prosecuted whatsoever"?  

Archived