Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

4 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

It looks like he's just jogging around out there uncovered, I can't figure it out. Maybe he's just so much faster that the optics are deceiving.  Whatever it is, dude is miles open, often.

Add: For example, when you watch Tyreek Hill, you can see his speed and suddenness with your eyes and it's obvious why he's open. Scary does't look like that, and yet.. open. Guy has some special sauce.

Trust me, he is MOVING.  What you want to focus on, is when the ball is in the air.  Don’t just look at him and the defender.  He has what I call, phenomenal ball tracking skills when the ball is in the air.  He speeds up and finds the ball when it drops very well, he has an extra gear.

Watch this route and, notice how the defender falls down as Terry gets ready to catch the ball.  He is getting completely out-run so fast that he falls down.  Around the 27 to 28 second mark, it’s speed.

• Like 5

Randy Moss in his rookie season (probably the best rookie season of a wide receiver in NFL history)

69 receptions, 1313 yards, 17 TDs

Terry McLaurin's production extrapolated to a full 16 games season

74 receptions, 1306 yards, 16 TDs

And that in an absolute ****-show of an offense. Sure, it will be tough to keep that pace up. But his production so far is just insane for a rookie.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I love the head fake look off on his TD, selling he was doing a slant/skinnypost, before cutting back to the corner of the end zone. 

What is that route called, anyways?

It seems like that route, and a simple head sell shouldn't be reserved to only elite players doing it, but here we are.

#PinIt

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

It looks like he's just jogging around out there uncovered, I can't figure it out. Maybe he's just so much faster that the optics are deceiving.  Whatever it is, dude is miles open, often.

Add: For example, when you watch Tyreek Hill, you can see his speed and suddenness with your eyes and it's obvious why he's open. Scary does't look like that, and yet.. open. Guy has some special sauce.

His ability to sell a route is incredible. He does all the little things, much like how Jordan Reed was always open. Since Terry runs a very good 4.35 CBs cannot catch up to him, they're toast if they don't cover him perfectly. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

. Since Terry runs a very good 4.35 CBs cannot catch up to him, they're toast if they don't cover him perfectly. 

And even if they do cover him perfectly he uses his body and strength so well he positions himself for tough balls. Even is pretty darn good at jump 50/50 balls, even though thats probably his weakest aspect. 

I like players who are still pretty good at the weakest aspect of their game. Love watching him play. 

19 hours ago, PlayAction said:

Right now McLaurin is the only WR on the team that is a concern to opposing defenses.  Nice to see a WR draft pick pan out after years of futility.  Kudos to the scouting team.  Hopefully going forward the Skins will have more than one productive WR.    

This is why his numbers will get worse. Teams will just shut him down soon, because he is the Skins only threat. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

What is that route called, anyways? 

Don't know what their terminology is, but it looks like a modified corner route where they sell the slant against a blitz and then make the corner break much further infield.  In this instance it worked so well because the Dolphins didn't get pressure and four of them dropped into zones to defend the same real estate.  It left the corner on an island against McLaurin and he just couldn't run with him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This is why his numbers will get worse. Teams will just shut him down soon, because he is the Skins only threat. 

Not sure I completely buy that.  His numbers may drop a little because of this though.  There are still ways to get him the ball.  Maybe we even elevate Sims to put more weapons on the field.  We struggled to get our best players the ball under Gruden.  Hopefully this regime is better, smarter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Not the right thread for it, but watching that video above, looks like Hentges did some really good work blocking for AP (IMO).  

This is gratifying to hear, after reading some Colts fans go on about how they were pissed Ballard played roster games with their next Jack Doyle and got him stolen, I had unreasonably high hopes for his potential. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is gratifying to hear, after reading some Colts fans go on about how they were pissed Ballard played roster games with their next Jack Doyle and got him stolen, I had unreasonably high hopes for his potential. 

Colts owe us one anyway. Bout time someone in this FO learned for when they got played. 

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah, that and our long term need for an all around TE is why I paid special attention to him.  Of course... it was Miami, so we’ll see.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Colts owe us one anyway. Bout time someone in this FO learned for when they got played. 

Absolutely.