Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

I recall there were two people on the draft thread, I was one of them, who liked Terry a lot.   We had new draft threads running for each draft day and for the 2nd day draft thread, I wrote a long post advocating for Terry.  I had one poster who I respect from the draft thread argue against me on the point on draft day, and we had a fun combative exchange on it, then another one argued with me, too.    So it was tough for me to forget.  And it was cool for me that I talked a lot about a dude who actually ended up drafted hours later. 😀  Still though he wasn't my top choice available.  So I didn't foresee he'd be a superstar. 

I thought he'd be good but I didn't think he would be THIS good.  And I did get the arguments against.  We all get some right and wrong.  But I did think he'd be good.  And I did think it might be possible after watching camp that he'd be really really good, I talked up Terry even harder post camp.  I was due to get one right, I was soo wrong about Doctson. 🙄  I did tout Harmon a little too but not as hard as Terry.  So I feel vested in both dudes.   My fav receiver though by far was Marquise.  Terry and Harmon was among my favs in the next tier group.   I liked both guys but i did like some receivers better.

I'll give a rare prop to McShay and Kiper both would tout McLaurin a lot on their podcasts.  Kiper had him in the first round in one of his last mocks but not his actual last one. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

The only wet blanket with Terry is that he's already 24.

But given the fact that he, Jimmy Moreland (24), Cole Holcomb, and Montez Sweat (both 23) are the only rookies playing for us so far this season, they argue for drafting older players if you want immediate contribution.

I'd like to see more of Harmon moving forward.  He should be the fourth receiver over Steven Sims IMO.  He should be getting a lot of slot snaps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But given the fact that he, Jimmy Moreland (24), Cole Holcomb, and Montez Sweat (both 23) are the only rookies playing for us so far this season, they argue for drafting older players if you want immediate contribution.

I'd like to see more of Harmon moving forward.  He should be the fourth receiver over Steven Sims IMO.  He should be getting a lot of slot snaps.

I watched the first game on coaches tape but not the others yet.  In that game I saw Harmon (granted in limited snaps) beat press coverage, block well and even get open.  In camp (at least when I was there) he was making almost as many acrobatic catches as McLaurin.  So yeah I'd love to see more.  

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Truth be told, Sims IMO, should be the third receiver over Quinn.

• Like 5

On Terry's first catch that was called back, they called it illegal motion on Sims. I re-watch the play several times and could not see the problem. Everyone was set but him he went across the backfield turned around and went back across the back Field. He clearly was not moving forward. Does anyone know what the problem was on his motion?

7 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Terry is like the the one kid at Burger King who is busting his ass working the fry stand , flipping the burgers and bagging your food all while the other 12 dope's hang out in the back and bull****. You say to yourself, " this kid deserves better then to work here. 😄

While the managers stand there with open mouths watching

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Terry is like the the one kid at Burger King who is busting his ass working the fry stand , flipping the burgers and bagging your food all while the other 12 dope's hang out in the back and bull****. You say to yourself, " this kid deserves better then to work here. 😄

You just described Spongebob Squarepants lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Truth be told, Sims IMO, should be the third receiver over Quinn.

Quinn looks terrified of contact...with AND without the ball.  He totally alligator armed the ball across the middle last night and he’s a guarantee to fall down or run about of bounds before taking a hit.  Gotta get YAC from your wrs...esp the slot.  Me thinks he’s a little gun shy and it’s affecting his game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terrymthegem

53 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You just described Spongebob Squarepants lol...

So you know the movie than?....when spongebob gets **** faced with Patrick on sundays at the oober goober bar and wakes up hung over saying "mr craaaabs" and is all pissed off..that's how I feel waking from a loss like last night lol

• Haha 1