Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I'm just saying in hypothetical theory, he'd be a beast on the Patriots. Not literally right now with their current roster.

I think he'd be a beast anywhere,but yeah I agree the Skins are where you come to die. 

That and get paid. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

3 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Pretty much. He's gonna waste all his good years here. If he was on a team like the Patriots, with his work ethic, attitude and ability he'd put up hall of fame numbers.

He probably can't wait till his rookie deal is over...

It's hard to argue with this cuz I know there is no future for the skins..but its comments like this that makes me wonder why people claim to be Redskins fans..the redskins were the Patriots at one time..probably would make it alot easier to convert to a Patriots fan?...if you claim to be a redskin fan why not at least enjoy individual players contribution to the team?..I hate how the skins are ran..have since 91 but I have certain players I get into and enjoy watching..which I guess makes up me being a skins fan..to each there own I understand..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

It's hard to argue with this cuz I know there is no future for the skins..but its comments like this that makes me wonder why people claim to be Redskins fans..the redskins were the Patriots at one time..probably would make it alot easier to convert to a Patriots fan?...if you claim to be a redskin fan why not at least enjoy individual players contribution to the team?..I hate how the skins are ran..have since 91 but I have certain players I get into and enjoy watching..which I guess makes up me being a skins fan..to each there own I understand..

I was born in '88. I have no real recollection of the Super Bowl in '91. When I first really starting paying attention and becoming I fan I started with a heavy dose of Schuler and Gus Frerotte. And we know the rest of the story from that point on.

I love Terry. He is one of the few - if not only, bright spots on this team right now. I will definitely enjoy watching him and rooting for him while he's on the team. I will always be a Redskins fan. I would much rather be a fan of no team then root for a different team.

But if the next 4 years are anything like the last 20, I can certainly say that he will not be able to thrive here nor get the career he deserves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I was born in '88. I have no real recollection of the Super Bowl in '91. When I first really starting paying attention and becoming I fan I started with a heavy dose of Schuler and Gus Frerotte. And we know the rest of the story from that point on.

I love Terry. He is one of the few - if not only, bright spots on this team right now. I will definitely enjoy watching him and rooting for him while he's on the team. I will always be a Redskins fan. I would much rather be a fan of no team then root for a different team.

But if the next 4 years are anything like the last 20, I can certainly say that he will not be able to thrive here nor get the career he deserves.

I can understand your frustration..you have great points too....theres no way theres hope..I get it, I'm right there with everyone else but let's just call me the..head of the taters take to positivity institute..haha lol..maybe...just maybe it might break...what brings me back year in year out is the positivity meter...

Ya have 0-100 on the positivity meter right...while at least.. 90% of skins fans positivity is in the right at %100 not positive area(rightfully so)I keep my positivity meter at 49-%52..so when bright spots hit(TerryMthegem)it keeps me positive enough to root for the team I have scince birth lol in 77..I mean in all realistic I remember watching the superbowl in 87 against denver... going to a bunch of Monday night games mainly against the Cowboys in 85 and 86 to a sports bar with my dad..so ya..jus my two cents lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

That time was a generation ago. I was born in '88 too. No one gives a **** anymore about the glory days. They are long gone.

I used to enjoy the fleeting glimpses of hope this team offered, when I was a little kid/teenager. Then, as an adult, with a job, and a life, I routinely ask myself around this time of year why I waste part of my valuable weekend watching this trash team/organization.

The answer is that even now, a small part of me thinks that things will change, but I know I am a fool for thinking it, and as a result, I am just a willing accomplice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That time was a generation ago. I was born in '88 too. No one gives a **** anymore about the glory days. They are long gone.

I used to enjoy the fleeting glimpses of hope this team offered, when I was a little kid/teenager. Then, as an adult, with a job, and a life, I routinely ask myself around this time of year why I waste part of my valuable weekend watching this trash team/organization.

The answer is that even now, a small part of me thinks that things will change, but I know I am a fool for thinking it, and as a result, I am just a willing accomplice.

Things will change eventually. There will come a time, if football survives that long, where someone here will figure it out or we will hire someone that will. We may have to wait for Snyder to die, and if thats the case fine, you are 31 and he has to be in his late 50's meaning if you take care of yourself you will have the late years of your life to be the biggest fan ever. And it will be justified cause at that point it may have been 50 or 60 years since the Redskins will have been relevant. Just put your super fandom on sleep mode until they show themselves to be worth it. 

I went to a wedding/ vendor thing -- I dont even know what it was -- at 12-2 yesterday. 10 years ago I would have flipped my lid cause football. But right now I have those 4 hours to do what I have to, cause I already know the end results of the skins season doesnt have Superbowl attached cause there is no chance. Its very freeing if you know how to manage it. 

It will come around eventually. The cap and free agency work in our favor in that regard. All teams have their moments. The Eagles and the Patriots did it. We will too, eventually. We just may be dead before then lol

On topic, they must have called my man Scary Terry on the broadcast cause I got that text like 6 times yesterday. I have been calling him Terrible Terry but im fine with either. I still like "Back it up" Terry lmao 

I'm with @Bakedtater1 for the most part. If you think there is no redemption and no hope find something better to do with your life. Don't let football be a joy-suck. Personally, I think that this year has almost no hope and I have felt that way since the decision to retain Jay, Manusky, and Bruce was made last year. That said, a few fireflies flicker in the dark. When we're up a part of me says, "Maybe?" but the fun of this year is watching the rooks shine. Seeing McClaurin, Holcomb, and others flash is enough to sustain me under this collapsed mine.

I would never tell anyone to stop being a fan. That's dumb. I might suggest you take a haitus from watching if that's what your sanity or happiness requires. After all, this is going to be a terrible, horrible, no-good, miserable, rotten, pathetic year.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Haskins to McLaurin is a small future ray of sunshine to look forward to.

Yup and that's the only way I can enjoy this team presently. Just look for the small bits of progress for the long-term and our success .

Other than those small bright spots, I'm of the position that this team needs chemotherapy via piling up loss after loss to get rid of the cancer that is Bruce Allen and his "win now" mentality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He’s gonna shine on Monday Night.

Terry breaking the MNF curse?  hope so.  I heard today they haven't won at home on MNF since 2012.   That's crazy.  I do think they beat the Bears.    I think the Bears are overrated.  I watched their Sunday game against Denver and I found them unimpressive.

• Like 2

I am pissed.

Raise your mouse aka click LIKE if you are pissed that you didn't draft him in your season long fantasy.

It wasn't that I didn't think he would be good.  I just thought our pass offense would be completely FEEBLE.

Edited by RandyHolt

4 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am pissed.

Raise your mouse aka click LIKE if you are pissed that you didn't draft him in your season long fantasy.

It wasn't that I didn't think he would be good.  I just thought our pass offense would be completely FEEBLE.

I took him in the last round as a flyer, still can’t bring myself to start him though as I don’t want to jinx anything 

3 minutes ago, killer938 said:

I took him in the last round as a flyer, still can’t bring myself to start him though as I don’t want to jinx anything 

Smart move. I would be fearing the big jinx myself.  But fantasy folk I follow for advice sure seem to like him. Of course scoring in every game will do that.

One thing I try to incorporate.. due theory.  Starting a guy that scored 2 TDs in both the first 2 games, he seems a no brainer to start. Only, my DUE theory kicks. He is due for an off game, from the defense game planning heavily for him.

Hopefully he sneaks into the endzone a few times for us Monday night and becomes a safe FF start for the rest of his career.

7 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am pissed.

I so badly wanted to buy him for $1 in my auction draft but instead spent that $1 on Jordan effing Reed. Soooo salty...

• Like 2