Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

Best drafted Redskins receiver in my lifetime. And I don’t feel slightly close to being hyperbolic after just 5 games. He’s going to be a top 10 guy at the very least and opens up what will most likely be a very high first rounder to use on OL (my preference). Trade Trent and you could end up with a WR/OL combo in the first to go with Love Mclaurin Haskins and Harmon. A fast turn around like San Fran this year, and the Rams a few years ago is quite achievable. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think I've ever been more wrong on a player than I was on Terry McLaurin. Holy crap. Dude's gonna be a perennial Pro Bowler for the next decade.

He's uncoverable 1 on 1. If we gave Keenum more time I can't imagine how insane his stats would be right now

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He now has 5 TD catches right? 2 against Philly week 1, 1 against the bears week 3, 2 today? 

Edit: 5 TDs is right, but only had 1 in week 1. Then 1 in week 2 against Dallas, then 1 week 3 against the bears, then 2 today. 

Yeah he has 5 TD's in 5 games. We missed him badly in that Giants game. The offense couldn't get anything going in that game, he's the safety blanket for the QB. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

I said I'd wait for it to bake in the oven a bit more, I'd say it got baked enough in Miami now. Terry McLauren is the real deal. He is the first WR we've drafted in all the time I've been watching that turned out to be legit. I feel like I'm watching history lol

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think I've ever been more wrong on a player than I was on Terry McLaurin. Holy crap. Dude's gonna be a perennial Pro Bowler for the next decade.

Its all good man, a lot of people were sketpical and i cant blame them with how this franchise is.

Imagine mclaurin + jeudy though.. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I know a hall of fame football coach who thought John Beck was going to be an elite nfl qb.

30C653AD-F623-4ADC-8E72-39C3DF23049A.gif

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Man you know that was coachspeak though. We had no options, what is the coach gonna say?.. "this guy sucks, now let's rally behind him."

Are you responding to me? The coach wasn’t Becks, it was his evaluation of Beck as a prospect coming out of college. The misses you see from the best in the business should be published, it would free people to share more, & that makes everything more enjoyable, imo.

• Like 1

McLaurin was one of my dudes before draft.  I wrote just about an encyclopedia about him, pushing him as one of the guys I wanted in the game day draft thread right before Saturday's draft day.  Yes I'll keep bragging about it.  😀   But then again I did like Doctson before the draft so I was due to get one right!  😀

Having said that, I was similar to Breer's point below.  I thought he would be good.  I didn't know he'd be this good.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes I'll keep bragging about it.  😀   

As well you should, life is too short not to fully enjoy the little things. I didn’t have much of an opinion on him, I didn’t pay much attention other than seeing him look explosive at the Sr bowl, but seeing how good he is now, I’m supremely confident that I’d have given him an udfa grade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2019 at 12:10 PM, sportjunkie07 said:

He was overlooked and didn't get the opportunity.. the offense at Ohio state was not wr centric until his last year. Even then he had guys above him and just didn't get the targets.

As far as playing goes, he was elite in a few areas. YPC, efficiency, blocking, and special teams. He became elite at essentially everything the coaches allowed him to be. 

Now he finally had time in the spotlight for pro day, senior bowl, and combine. What did he do? Made people look stupid and put up very good measurables.

He has shown consistent improvement, has great character, and is highly coachable. 

The guy now has an opportunity in DC unlike what he had in college. The past says he will take advantage of that and put his potential to use. 

He has the potential to play x,y,slot, or a combination of all 3.

I believe this guy will be the redskins no. 1 receiver this year. 

I win this thread. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

How good is he? Terry McLaurin has 50% of the offensive TD's for our team, that's pretty insane especially after missing a week. 

He’s the only guy you need to cover & no one has figured it out other the NE who nobody can move the ball against. Even v Gilmore, TM had a decent showing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, volsmet said:

As well you should, life is too short not to fully enjoy the little things. I didn’t have much of an opinion on him, I didn’t pay much attention other than seeing him look explosive at the Sr bowl, but seeing how good he is now, I’m supremely confident that I’d have given him an udfa grade. 

I didn't talk about him a lot on the draft thread, I did on occasion where I touted him among other receivers I liked but I got some opposition on him (though not from you) so I didn't push him like crazy there.  There was one other person on that thread who liked him but he wasn't a regular so i can't recall who it was.  Where I went to town on it was there were specific draft threads, separate from our usual draft thread,  just for the day of drafting.  And on that Saturday thread, I put together my list, McLaurin was on it among others  (ironically ditto Harmon) And one poster who I respect, decided to take me on specifically for McLaurin being on my list.  And that made me go town with my arguments for him on that thread, hours before we drafted him.  So it made it cool and memorable for me. 😀 And maybe it reversed my curse from years before where in a similar fashion I put Doctson on the top of my wish list for the draft, the day of that draft, among the players I thought might be available at our pick. :(

The cliff notes for McLaurin for me were:

A. He wasn't their go to receiver yet in his limited sample his stats were sick when you look at TDs, YPR, Catch %.  

B.  His combine numbers were sick.  not just for speed but a bunch of variables.

C.  He's a well rounded player, good run blocker, special teams guy, etc.

D. Urban Meyer-Ohio State coaches seemed to worship the dude -- intangibles through the roof. 

E.  Like most of the touted receivers pre-draft, I tried to watch at least 4 games, and in the ones I watched the dude knew how to get open.  Seemed like a good route runner.  YAC guy, deep threat.  He wasn't the YAC guy Parris Campbell was but McLaurin could hold his own when he had opportunities. 

So to me he was very worthy of a 3rd round pick.  I thought he'd be good.  But I admit I am surprised this good.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

The challenges of our opinions create the most enjoyable posts that I see on the forum. I went back & watched Will Grier & DH 45 times because my draft compadres made compelling arguments & I enjoyed it more each time. That’s one of the many reasons I love the ES.

Mclaurin looks incredible — smooth, explosive, & a most importantly, he’s give me a reason to use this gif.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

*McLaurin Endzone Dance GIF

9617CCCF-4F1C-4A3F-B39D-34CF6009A074.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Are you responding to me? The coach wasn’t Becks, it was his evaluation of Beck as a prospect coming out of college. The misses you see from the best in the business should be published, it would free people to share more, & that makes everything more enjoyable, imo.

Absolutely. Everyone misses. No one has ever hit 1.000 on prospects, no one has even probably hit .500. I’d bet even .300 is a push. 

I think part of the fun is sticking your neck out for someone and pining for them. 

I liked Polite in the draft. How am I doing? :ols:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Absolutely. Everyone misses. No one has ever hit 1.000 on prospects, no one has even probably hit .500. I’d bet even .300 is a push. 

I think part of the fun is sticking your neck out for someone and pining for them. 

I liked Polite in the draft. How am I doing? :ols:

Polite is struggling mentally/emotionally, I don’t think that could even be considered a missed evaluation unless you sat down with him and still wanted him within 500 miles of your home. There are people legitimately concerned about how he’s going to function.

That guy jumped off the screen game after game, then he put on 55lbs of fat & had the most bizarre interviews many people have ever been a part of ...still he got drafted because of the talent you saw. Adam Gase & Polite almost fought I believe... Gase is a crazy man.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Being challenged helps you see what you ,ay not realize you’ve missed & being willing to take a stand on a guy, that others don’t care for, is an interesting island to be on. Seeing people believe in themselves enough to stand on an evaluation/opinion, even with others arguing the other side competently, is probably my favorite thing in any discussion/debate. People get beat down too often in the social media age, it’s awesome seeing people feel confident & believing in themselves ... the right or wrong, in the end, depends on variables we can’t control anyway. Half of the Pats starters were busts until they got to the Pats ... so those who liked Van Noy, Shelton & Guy we’re wrong... until they were right. 🤨 The best part of the evaluation is finding out why you missed on certain guys & seeing if you can invest that in the next class... especially in an nfl that’s changing constantly. 

• Like 2

It looks like he's just jogging around out there uncovered, I can't figure it out. Maybe he's just so much faster that the optics are deceiving.  Whatever it is, dude is miles open, often.

Add: For example, when you watch Tyreek Hill, you can see his speed and suddenness with your eyes and it's obvious why he's open. Scary does't look like that, and yet.. open. Guy has some special sauce.

Edited by Stadium-Armory