Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Doctson had a good season last year even with our QB situation last year. It would be stupid to let him go this year. See how he does with Keenum or Haskins first. 

Not to mention they get nothing in return if they cut him, but if they keep him and then lose him to free agency next season they at least get a comp pick out of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

New Redskins receiver Terry McLaurin said he sees himself as "a deep ball receiver with the ability to take the top off any defense. I grew up liking DeSean Jackson's game." Washington needs a wideout like that, though it will help if fellow wideout Paul Richardson is healthy. He, too, has speed. Of McLaurin's 35 catches last season, 12 went for 20 yards or more - and seven were on throws that traveled at least 20 yards.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Wtiter

Great Pick by the Redskins we needed a replacement for Crowder and this is a upgrade IMO. Also a smart move to bring in a WR for Haskins to smooth his transition 

Doctson needs to go, he is too inconsistent and the rare flashes of brilliance doesn't compensate for the times he is either lost on the field or not on the field at all. At this point he is just taking up a roster spot in one of our weakest positions. It's time to move on.

9 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Lmao this coaching staff hates Doctson. This guy is literally the anti-doctson, probably why they chose him. 

Welcome to the Redskins! 

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I predict he gets cut this summer.

8 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Richardson, McLaurin, Quinn, Sims. 

Could happen. 

6 hours ago, zskins said:

Doctson had a good season last year even with our QB situation last year. It would be stupid to let him go this year. See how he does with Keenum or Haskins first. 

Doctson would have to have an abyssmal camp to be cut this year.   And with the number of   WRs they keep recently we could easily see a group of Richardson, Docton, Quinn, McLaurin, Sims, and Davis.  That would only have us cutting Quick, Chessun and Kidsy, something we've done before, sometimes several times znd Chessun and Kidsy could go to the PS

• Like 2

I was upset when they announced his name over a few others I considered much better. Now that I have learned much more about him he seems like the better selection than the others. Very happy with this guy on the offense special teams and on the sidelines coaching up teammates! 

• Like 1

I've seen Richardson and Garcon comparisons here. Some of that is legit but he's also a little faster than Richardson while being almost 30 lbs heavier at the same height. And he's about the same size as Garcon but a fair amount faster. I keep reading articles and stuff about what a hard worker he is (which is 100% awesome) but the fact of what an athletic freak he is seems to get lost a bit in that. Makes him sound like one of those "high character, high effort guys" who didn't test great but had the intangibles and work ethic to be really good despite that. But he's kinda both. Like the pick a lot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I was upset when they announced his name over a few others I considered much better. Now that I have learned much more about him he seems like the better selection than the others. Very happy with this guy on the offense special teams and on the sidelines coaching up teammates! 

I didn't know much about him, other than I've seen his name in top 40 conversation in some mocks along the way.  Like you, after reading up on him, I am thrilled.

Speed, blocking, big play ability (td to catch ratio is insane), ST ability, leadership, work ethic, and positive attitude work in any scheme.  The fact that he already has a rapport with DH is a huge plus as well.  It's up to jay to incorporate some of those Ohio St principles into our offense and allow them the opportunity to be successful. PR also seems like a great fit for DH, and I'd like to see what doctson can do (no way he gets cut, while he has not lived up to his draft position, he still can have a role on this team as a split end running a lot of vertical routes).

McLauron is a great pick!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I've seen Richardson and Garcon comparisons here. Some of that is legit but he's also a little faster than Richardson while being almost 30 lbs heavier at the same height. And he's about the same size as Garcon but a fair amount faster. I keep reading articles and stuff about what a hard worker he is (which is 100% awesome) but the fact of what an athletic freak he is seems to get lost a bit in that. Makes him sound like one of those "high character, high effort guys" who didn't test great but had the intangibles and work ethic to be really good despite that. But he's kinda both. Like the pick a lot. 

Best comp i have seen is Doug Baldwin.