Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s the first thing you will remember from the World Series.  Immediate reaction.  Either in game or anything surrounding the games/celebration.  Go.

For me, it’s Davey going nuts and getting tossed. 

For me its Rendon's **** You HR after getting epically jobbed by the suits.

Just showed that we were no longer "Those Nationals," the ones sort of involuntarily led by Harp, that just wilted and ****ed and moaned, the one who Tim Hudson accurately described as having nothing between our legs .

We now had gigantic,  brass balls, and we knew it, and we weren't gonna let anyone **** with us like that without some payback. And even if you got us, you were gonna earn it.

That shot just said everything one needed to know about the evolution of this team. And I will never forget it.

Reminds me a lot of the '05-'06 Heat. Years and years of getting your ass handed to you by Jordan or the Knicks, then major heartbreak just the year before, and not knowing what to expect the next year, then getting over the big hump,  vanquishing your playoff rival, getting down again, and coming back winning the whole damn thing. Definitely some parallels 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Nationals fan!  Enjoy everything that comes with a championship, it's phenomenal!  

Also, this is a perfect way to keep those pesky Phillies fans out of your park next year, people excited and selling out games.  But i may still visit.  🤷‍♂️

Congrats again!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn homie, dont get fired 😂

I usually get up at 4:30 and my day starts at 6:00...woke up at 6:45, incoherently looked at my phone, and my boss had sent me a text "wakey wakey" lol

Edited by Metalhead
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s the first thing you will remember from the World Series.  Immediate reaction.  Either in game or anything surrounding the games/celebration.  Go.

For me, it’s Davey going nuts and getting tossed. 

The feeling I had the moment the ball hit Howie’s bat for the 2 run shot in the 7th.  The moment of truth.  We were going to win the ****ing WORLD SERIES!  It felt good when Rendon hit the solo shot because you knew we were gonna make another comeback.  It felt inevitable.  But when I saw Howie get ahold of that pitch and drive it opposite field to RF and then to watch it hit the foul pole.  I was FIRED UP!!!!!  The game was far from over but I swear I knew it at that exact moment.  Team of destiny.  

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

Congrats Nats fans from an Os fan.  I moved out of the area a long time ago before the Nats moved from Montreal so I don't have any feelings one way or the other about them but I do still have family in the area.  I'm just glad for long-suffering DC fans that they're seeing some success from some of their sports teams.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

He doesnt say much, but he has that compete gene in him. He's a fighter. Just compare how he looked out of the pen early in the postseason compared to now. It would have been easy for him to tell Davey he cant do relief, but he didnt. He took that **** as a challenge

He killed it.  Show of complete growth from obvious discomfort to complete master of long relief in the span of a month.

Painting both sides of the plate with the fastball like he did last night and then wiping you out with that incredible slider, he has ace stuff.  It's going to be very painful if Stras goes, but no matter what I think we're going to be alright.

I have a problem with my DVR.  Currently, there are 85 hours of Nats 2019 games on there, including every pitch of the playoffs.  This does not leave enough room for the rest of my family, who apparently watch other TV.  They want me to delete something.  Obviously, that can't happen.  Does anyone know how to transfer data from a DVR?  Or maybe I'll just buy a new one for them.   Will be a drop in the financial bucket after I wrecked mlbshop.com this morning...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, -JB- said:

The feeling I had the moment the ball hit Howie’s bat for the 2 run shot in the 7th.  The moment of truth.  We were going to win the ****ing WORLD SERIES!  It felt good when Rendon hit the solo shot because you knew we were gonna make another comeback.  It felt inevitable.  But when I saw Howie get ahold of that pitch and drive it opposite field to RF and then to watch it hit the foul pole.  I was FIRED UP!!!!!  The game was far from over but I swear I knew it at that exact moment.  Team of destiny.  

The Nats didn't lose a lead once they had it once during this series did they? 

• Thanks 1

I think Howie was the real hero. Hero in LA, NLCS MVP, and hero last night. 

Without that go ahead 2 run homer, I could only imagine how things would have stalled. I've seen things stall for years and years.

But with Howie, he's been swinging that magical, slay the dragon, golden sword. 

And he was a playoff redemption story after two fielding errors. And I can't get enough of him and Eaton racing, changing gears.

Howie is legend status for me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There are so many wonderful stories on this team.  I love every one of these guys.  I think of all the non-stars who had key contributions and/or amazing stories to get here... MAT, Parra, Aaron Barrett, Rodney, etc.  This has been the most fun sports has ever given me.  What a glorious ride.  

2 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I think Howie was the real hero. Hero in LA, NLCS MVP, and hero last night. 

Without that go ahead 2 run homer, I could only imagine how things would have stalled. I've seen things stall for years and years.

But with Howie, he's been swinging that magical, slay the dragon, golden sword. 

And he was a playoff redemption story after two fielding errors. And I can't get enough of him and Eaton racing, changing gears.

Howie is legend status for me. 

All in his first season back after tearing his achilles. He had arguably his best offensive season and capped by providing the 2 most important hits in our team history

I've enjoyed the nostalgia of remembering some of our past players.  Crazy ass Nyjer Morgan was a true wild card.  Big Dunnkey.  Willinghammer.  That was a weird and exciting team.  You guys remember Sharkadina?  Man did he come along to early and miss his time with us, he could have been a God in the current era of baby shark.

I wish Werth had been able to win this with us, but I think Beast Mode is the guy I miss the most.

And I know this isn't popular, but I wish Bryce had been able to win a ring here too.  He was a tight-assed galoot but he was our tight-assed galoot, and him leaving wouldn't have been so ugly and awkward if we'd gotten over the hump first.

God my original Nats memory was Brad Wilkerson hitting for the cycle.  That awoke my childhood love for baseball and got me to start buying in on the idea that a baseball team in DC was going to be fun.  What a rewarding experience all of this has been.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

life has been kicking my ass repeatedly and thoroughly for the better part of a month

i really cannot properly express how much this postseason run is pulling me up

Same.  My company gave my entire region the middle finger and said we’re laid off shortly to save a few pennies despite being the best region every quarter/year.  I needed this...

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Funny thing is that everyone stayed up to watch the game. Everyone is walking around like zombies around here, not much work going to get done in the DMV today...and everyone seems to be ok with that.

I’m dressed up as a giant shark at work and there are truly zero ****s given 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You know what's great. No matter what happens with Rendon, Strasburg, eventually Soto. Doesn't matter, we won the World Series.

If Giolito wins 2 Cy Youngs...who cares, Eaton was instrumental to winning a World Series.

Everything is validated. The ifs no longer matter.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PiLfan said:

FIXED:

THE CAPS won the Cup
THE MYSTICS won the Finals
THE WIZARDS are trying their best
THE FOOTBALL TEAM
THE NATIONALS won the Series

THE UNITED made the playoffs (4 time champs though)

THE KASTLES had a rare losing season (6 time champs 09-15)

THE DC DIVAS lost in the conference championship (3 time football champs 06, 15-16)

THE SPIRIT are in rebuilding mode

• Thanks 1

To flip the question: What was your lowest point during this World Series?

For me, it was losing last Saturday and Sunday. Losing Friday was understandable...just won two in a row in Houston. A small letdown was inevitable. However, going on to lose all three at home really hurt my soul at the time. I thought the team was absolute toast at that point.

We won yo!!!

Two dudes who deserved a budweiser shower last night, honorary champions, is Morse and Werth, imo. I was always a heavy critic of Werth's contract but I eventually understood what he meant to the organization at the end. 

And Morse, loved that dude. Hell, I was even wacky for Willingham too. 

****, I bet Nick Johnson could drink with the best of them. I'd pay money to see him dance in the dugout. 

I'd even go and say Levian Hernandez gets an honorary shower. His soft stuff and locate style of '10 and '11 was heartwarming during those two non-contention seasons. 

The feels. I loved going to games at RFK in 2005, the last year I lived in nova. Those were the days. 

• Like 1