Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've enjoyed the nostalgia of remembering some of our past players.  Crazy ass Nyjer Morgan was a true wild card.  Big Dunnkey.  Willinghammer.  That was a weird and exciting team.  You guys remember Sharkadina?  Man did he come along to early and miss his time with us, he could have been a God in the current era of baby shark.

I wish Werth had been able to win this with us, but I think Beast Mode is the guy I miss the most.

And I know this isn't popular, but I wish Bryce had been able to win a ring here too.  He was a tight-assed galoot but he was our tight-assed galoot, and him leaving wouldn't have been so ugly and awkward if we'd gotten over the hump first.

God my original Nats memory was Brad Wilkerson hitting for the cycle.  That awoke my childhood love for baseball and got me to start buying in on the idea that a baseball team in DC was going to be fun.  What a rewarding experience all of this has been.

Mikey Mo is one of my all time faves. Also loved Dmitri Young.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've enjoyed the nostalgia of remembering some of our past players.  Crazy ass Nyjer Morgan was a true wild card.  Big Dunnkey.  Willinghammer.  That was a weird and exciting team.  You guys remember Sharkadina?  Man did he come along to early and miss his time with us, he could have been a God in the current era of baby shark.

I wish Werth had been able to win this with us, but I think Beast Mode is the guy I miss the most.

And I know this isn't popular, but I wish Bryce had been able to win a ring here too.  He was a tight-assed galoot but he was our tight-assed galoot, and him leaving wouldn't have been so ugly and awkward if we'd gotten over the hump first.

God my original Nats memory was Brad Wilkerson hitting for the cycle.  That awoke my childhood love for baseball and got me to start buying in on the idea that a baseball team in DC was going to be fun.  What a rewarding experience all of this has been.

Morse and Clippard are the two I miss the most. I still believe to this day that Rizzo made the wrong choice going with LaRoche over Morse...he was the teams' heart and soul.

I was really hoping Rizzo would have gotten Clip at the deadline but the Indians were also in the playoff chase at the same time.

And of course I really wanted Barrett to get some more innings to prove himself and make the playoff roster.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Two dudes who deserved a budweiser shower last night, honorary champions, is Morse and Werth, imo. I was always a heavy critic of Werth's contract but I eventually understood what he meant to the organization at the end. 

And Morse, loved that dude. Hell, I was even wacky for Willingham too. 

****, I bet Nick Johnson could drink with the best of them. I'd pay money to see him dance in the dugout. 

I'd even go and say Levian Hernandez gets an honorary shower. His soft stuff and locate style of '10 and '11 was heartwarming during those two non-contention seasons. 

The feels. I loved going to games at RFK in 2005, the last year I lived in nova. Those were the days. 

If Storen is somewhere in a monastery in Southeast Asia, completely disconnected from the troubles of this world, I hope we can crack one open for him too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20110621Morse-e1358415911491.jpg.3439e86c39c72a52e2713f10fb02364e.jpg

Who couldn't love morse?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If Storen is somewhere in a monastery in Southeast Asia, completely disconnected from the troubles of this world, I hope we can crack one open for him too.

Phew. That's hard for me. The best I can muster is a polite no comment for Storen. 

But (at least for me) I'd pour a little out for Jordan Zimmerman. I was sad when he left. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

As much as we adored some of the guys of yesteryear, they were never part of a championship team and so like many failed past relationships we just have to let them go lolol 

I think it's more of just wanting those guys to experience this, guys that gave their all and have a place with this franchise.

6 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

I think it's more of just wanting those guys to experience this, guys that gave their all and have a place with this franchise.

People love Jayson Werth and treat him like a legend and he had the big HR in game 4 of the 2012 NLDS.  However, in 2017 Dusty refused to play Howie in the NLDS even though Werth was awful.  I was infuriated that Dusty wouldn’t move on from Werth because he was a hindrance.  I just don’t look at him the same way a lot of Nats fans do.  We won BECAUSE those guys are gone!  This team won the championship!!!!! If it was meant to be for those other guys it would have happened!

WHERE THE **** CAN I BUY A NAVY BLUE NATIONALS JERSEY WITH THE PATCH ON IT!!!  NEED THAT NOW!!!!

Damn what an amazing run this was.  So much fun.  Went to Modell's before work and that **** was packed and they didn't have much in adult sizes.  Got my son a shirt and myself one of those ugly black hats, but I needed one.  Also bought a flag to hang in my basement next to my Caps one, a baseball, and a penant.  Will probably order the rest of stuff online.

I have a wedding on Saturday on Kent Island at 5pm so unfortunately I can't even go to the damn parade.  I already asked my cousin to move his wedding, and he said I wasn't the first one to ask him that.  Unfortunately he can't.

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
I love baseball for oddities like this. The sheer number of games really allows the anomalies to stand out

Just for the curiosity of it, I'm hoping someone with the time, inclination and tech ability could compile all the missed calls, balls and strikes of this series, for each team and give a tally. I'm just guessing that the Stros got double the favorable calls. 

Not that it matters now. 

anybody know if its possible to order a copy of today's WaPo to be sent in the mail? kinda hard to get it out here on the left coast

32 minutes ago, purbeast said:

WHERE THE **** CAN I BUY A NAVY BLUE NATIONALS JERSEY WITH THE PATCH ON IT!!!  NEED THAT NOW!!!!

Please let us know if you ever find that.. in high demand. I've only been able to find the white jersey with patches on it so far. I'm getting mine in the mail today, but was considering returning it if I could find the blue one

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

anybody know if its possible to order a copy of today's WaPo to be sent in the mail? kinda hard to get it out here on the left coast

Please let us know if you ever find that.. in high demand. I've only been able to find the white jersey with patches on it so far. I'm getting mine in the mail today, but was considering returning it if I could find the blue one

I don't even know if they have been selling them at all.  I've looked on MLB shop website and I've never seen it.  If they are getting them in, they are selling them so quickly.  Even just googling for them I don't really see anything.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Kind of a random thought, but I suspect the Nationals lose the World Series if Dave Martinez doesn't go ballistic after that runner interference call against Turner. I think that changed the tone of the last two days.

Yeah really a galvanizing, run through a brick wall kind of moment

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

While it's not the navy blue ones, the red ones have shown up.  Earlier today I only saw the white ones.

https://www.mlbshop.com/washington-nationals/mens-washington-nationals-juan-soto-majestic-red-2019-world-series-champions-alternate-big-and-tall-cool-base-player-jersey/t-36458958+p-9285469553711+z-9-2497013852?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

I saw someone on here say earlier that Zimmerman was retiring a National.  

Did he really say that or was that just speculation?  I'd love to get a Zim jersey but only if I know he's gonna be a Nat for life!

Edited by purbeast