Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Everyone seemed to forget or ignore that by the end of the season we had been playing 107 win baseball for 4 months straight, had played a far more difficult schedule than the Astros in terms of .500+ opponents (96 vs. 63) and came out even in those games, even when our awful, injury-ridden start was factored in.

My #1 regret for this season is that, despite following over a hundred of the games on gamecast, streaming dozens on MLB TV and attending two in person, I still doubted them to the very end. Years of watching them fall apart in the NLDS and witnessing countless bullpen collapses successfully convinced me otherwise, but this really was one of those great teams with unstoppable momentum. They were going to run through everything in their path no matter who believed in them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

It did. Howie just hit a 2 run homer! We are now up by 1. :D 

Oh wow. But there's no way Patrick Corbin and our bullpen can retain the lead against that unstoppable lineup... 

Edited by Bacon
  • Haha 1

You know what is amazing though.  I really thought the bullpen was going to blow it.  I was like this storybook was going to get ruined by a blown save.  

The bullpen was lights out this postseason.  It also benefitted that game 1 and 7 were the only tight games.  If we had tight games every night, we would probably have lost this series.  Rodney, Rainey and others would have to keep the lead or maintain the lead. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i wonder what would have happened if Corbin came up to bat in the 7th.  Would he have stayed in the game or would we bring in Adams to bat?? 

Oh wait. NVMD we are in a AL park. 

This reminds me of me after game 6 when we won and i was VERY drunk and I was trying to buy tickets for game 7 (only $450 on stubhub) and my friends had to remind me the game was in Houston. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i wonder what would have happened if Corbin came up to bat in the 7th.  Would he have stayed in the game or would we bring in Adams to bat?? 

Oh wait. NVMD we are in a AL park. 

My wife actually started working through pitching matchups and switches while she was watching and had to correct herself. 

NL is better, but I did appreciate the extra lineup help. 

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Do they still make those championship season highlight DVDs? I want one of those to finish this bottle of champagne with. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There absolutely has to be one for this year's team. It was literally a storybook season.

Stop it both of you!  Nats bullpen are totally gonna blow this lead if you two don't stop jinxing it!

• Thanks 1