Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 10/28/2019 at 3:37 PM, -JB- said:

The reality is that the Nats have been at their best all season with their backs against the wall.  

19-31 through the first 50 games.  Had to scratch and claw all the way to the end of the season just to clinch the Wild Card.

Down 3-1 in the 8th inning against the Brewers best arm Hader in the WC game.  

Down 2 games to 1 vs the Dodgers.  Come back from down 3-1 in the 8th again in game 5 on the road to clinch.

Here we we are again, backs against the wall.  Down 3-2 in the series heading on the road for game 6.  This is the granddaddy of all the backs against the wall for this Nats team.  No one better than Stras to steal game 6 and force game 7.  This could be a wild ride!

*sheds tear*

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE PARADE!!!!

🏆 

• Like 2

MLB network is showing game 7. With pitch 19 the Astros scored their 1st run of the game. Their dugout was so excited. Did they little know their excitement won't reach more than 2 runs. :)

I came home around inning 5 so I will be watching what i missed. I love ground hog day. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I have some free time over the next month or so, I need to track down all the games with a VPN and watch the many great innings I missed on those early game daycare runs. 

My experience with this postseason centered on the bullpen because I tuned in late so often. They were incredible, perhaps the most stunning part of the run because it was so unlikely that they would be that consistent.

My favorite game of the postseason is still WS game 6. It was one of the only times I really, truly had confidence that we would pull through from the beginning. They whipped their asses in dominant fashion to take the momentum back and Davey Martinez became a legend. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

My favorite game of the postseason is still WS game 6. It was one of the only times I really, truly had confidence that we would pull through from the beginning. They whipped their asses in dominant fashion to take the momentum back. 

I mean the Cardinals series as well, particularly the home games, were complete ass whoopings.

Kinda funny how badly we dominated the Cards. The Dodgers and Astros were both max length series. Wonder if the Braves would have taken us to 7. The Cards lineup was such a joke, it was like Jose Martinez and 8 Danny Espinosas lolol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean the Cardinals series as well, particularly the home games, were complete ass whoopings.

Kinda funny how badly we dominated the Cards. The Dodgers and Astros were both max length series. Wonder if the Braves would have taken us to 7. The Cards lineup was such a joke, it was like Jose Martinez and 8 Danny Espinosas lolol.

We got some small breaks in scheduling by getting a 5 game Dodgers series instead of 7, plus that ice cold, hapless Cardinals team. I still can't get over how awful they were. But hey, beat whoever you get and beat them badly. 

Remember when it was supposed to be a bad thing that we eliminated the Cardinals too quickly? Haha good times. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

keeping it a buck, the world series trophy is easily the worst of the the big 4 sports and quite a couple of soccer leagues have it beat as well

i planned on incorporating the trophy into the tattoo i'm getting, but nah that aint gonna work

Def not the sexiest trophy lol But what were you looking to get as a tattoo?  Get Howie wearing the trophy as a mother****ing crown! Ha

You can not convince me this town is not a sports town. Just because the crappy football team has killed the enthusiasm of the fans, it doesn’t not mean we do not have enthusiastic fans. Nationals park was wild.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I honestly think our pitching was just so dominant it kinda broke them and got them all out of sorts. I dont think they ever snapped out of it offensively until Gm 4, and by then it just didnt matter because we buried them in the 1st.

I think my favorite of our contributions to history is that we added to the list of teams that won the World Series after sweeping the championship series.

"Oh no! The Nats are in for world of hurt because they'll be well rested after annihilating the Cardinals without breaking a sweat!" 😭😭😭

**** that ****. Even as embarrassingly pessimistic and negative as I can be, I knew that was loser talk. Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. The sports media even found a way to turn our utter domination of a division winner into an advantage for the Astros.

• Like 1

I went to sleep last night at like 12:30 and DVR'd the post game stuff on MLB network.  Watching it now and man this is some great coverage with the player interviews.  Every single one of these guys is extremely likeable.  Howie Kendrick is awesome to listen to and just so joyful.  The way he talked about Stras was just awesome.  The way everyone talks about everyone is awesome.  Seeing Rendon actually smile and show emotion is awesome.

Damn this is awesome!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Def not the sexiest trophy lol But what were you looking to get as a tattoo?  Get Howie wearing the trophy as a mother****ing crown! Ha

no idea really, I just always planned on getting one if my team's ever won a championship. Its my championship ring lol

I got an appointment with my artist to finish a piece on my leg, I'll run some ideas by him about the Nationals piece and let him come up with something. He's pretty good at taking my nonsense and turning it into something brilliant

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

Joe Buck is like the obvious police. That will go down as a sacrifice. Really Joe? Is that what a bunt is used for 99% of times? Iol

Ok so I'm not sure why other people criticize him, but for me, it's like that 50% Clear Eyes guy-50% HS Prep jocksniffer delivery of his, like he has so many more cool places to be, but hes just gonna bang out this game before he goes there, because he's THAT awesome, lol.

Its bugged the **** out of me forever.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

It is bottom of the 5th and with Scherzer's pitch #98 Correa bats a run in. This would be the last time the Astros would be able to score again. The Nats history would be written in the next 3 innings. The world won't be same again. :)

This is when I turned the game off in frustration. 

Within 45 minutes, my wife would yell "turn the game on, idiot! You're winning!" from the bathroom. Then I got to enjoy Corbin's amazing relief performance and Soto hitting a clutch RBI off human landfill Roberto Osuna.

DC sports would be forever altered. 

Edited by Bacon

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ok so I'm not sure why other people criticize him, but for me, it's like that 50% Clear Eyes guy-50% HS Prep jocksniffer delivery of his, like he has so many more cool places to be, but hes just gonna bang out this game before he goes there, because he's THAT awesome, lol.

Its bugged the **** out of me forever.

I switched over to Thursday night's football game and was like, wait, I have heard that voice 2 seconds ago... oh **** it is Joe Buck again.... ughhhhhhh.... lol