Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I was at Nats Park last night. Once Rendon hit that HR. The crowd had the sense that we can do this. We were waiting for anything to explode. When Howie hit the HR if Nats park had a roof it would have been blown off. I got home at 2am. Back up at 5am for work. I am just in shock right now running on fumes. But it was all worth it. Parade in DC for the 2nd time in 2 years. I am 2-0 at series clinching Watch Parties. 

• Like 3

I just woke up and it was not a dream. 

Nationals ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I got up at 4AM today & watched the replay of the final 5 innings with my wife. 

In my almost 63 years I never thought I'd see this. From "1st in war, 1st in peace, last in the American League" to World Champions. Unbelievable. So proud of this team.

I am right there with you, just a few years younger. And we are champs dude!!!!!!!

wow, just WOW!!!!!

I didn't say anything about it before because it felt like a huge jinx, but I actually dreamed that the Nats won the world series Tuesday night.  But it was weird--in the dream, they moved the game up to the morning and we all missed it.  Like how the Australian Open is or something.  We were like damn, wish we'd been able to see it.

Moral of the story is I think I'm some kind of medicine man/priest for you all.  And I think we all need to do some kind of vision quest and take new names to honor the gods for favoring us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I didn't say anything about it before because it felt like a huge jinx, but I actually dreamed that the Nats won the world series Tuesday night.  But it was weird--in the dream, they moved the game up to the morning and we all missed it.  Like how the Australian Open is or something.  We were like damn, wish we'd been able to see it.

Moral of the story is I think I'm some kind of medicine man/priest for you all.  And I think we all need to do some kind of vision quest and take new names to honor the gods for favoring us.

Sorry I sacrificed the Wizards last night.

8 hours ago, zskins said:

Reporter asking the Astro's manager: Why was your bullpen weak?

Hinch: <with an annoyed voice> My bullpen was not weak. 

Then another reporter asked him about looking for a pitcher in the farm right after that response. 

:rofl89:

It's the one thing I hate about playoff baseball, which otherwise is the best type of playoff their is, IMO.  Hinch made a decent move, just didn't work out the way he needed it to.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah right, you haven't been able to do dick **** for the Wizards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Winning the attrition war and wearing out their BP earlier in the series while simultaneously being able to use four pitchers for all of our high leverage relief innings was kind of the key to the series.  So much opportunistic hitting and good baserunning happened.  The defense was also really good.  But having Strasburg, Scherzer, Sanchez, Corbin, Doolittle, Hudson, Suzuki, and Gomes come through every time we needed them too meant everything.  This postseason was a pitching masterpiece, led by Strasburg going on a Dirk Nowitzki-like mission.  And in the World Series they did it against one of the best line ups of this generation.  It was an absolutely amazing run.  I am so freaking happy that we got a championship with Stephen, Ryan, and Max.