Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I need to go back and watch the two innings I missed after it went 2-0 and I turned off the TV

I'm such a ****ty fan lmao 

LOL ****, when it was 2-0 I just thought “2 outs so get the next guy out and you’re down only 2-0.  Since the Nats seemed to be down 2-0 in every game they came back to win.  Only being the 5th inning it’s so early”  History kept repeating itself.

Just now, -JB- said:

LOL ****, when it was 2-0 I just thought “2 outs so get the next guy out and you’re down only 2-0.  Since the Nats seemed to be down 2-0 in every game they came back to win.  Only being the 5th inning it’s so early”  History kept repeating itself.

When Greinke started catching everything that one inning, that was the first time doubt crept into my mind

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

When Greinke started catching everything that one inning, that was the first time doubt crept into my mind

Oh no doubt.  Feeling the pressure when it seemed nothing was going our way early on.  It was like a tale of two halves for the Nats, man.  They were like a second half team the entire postseason.  Just make in game adjustments and flip games on their heads.  Unbelievable. 

Just now, -JB- said:

You guys didn't want me watching this game when we were down. It was almost an exact replica of NLDS game 5, which I also had off until we tied. Then I saw the grand slam. 

• Like 1

Suddenly, it was time for Rendon to do a reprise of his entire late-inning clutch hitting masterwork, unequaled in postseason history. To that point, he had come to bat seven times in the Nats’ five elimination games in the seventh inning or later. In what is several orders of magnitude beyond normal baseball possibility, Rendon produced in those situations a walk, a double, a home run, a double, a home run, a double and, this time in Game 7, another home run, into the seats in left field.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Patrick Corbin had his best stuff for game 7 in relief

his work will stay with me

Ya. And it can't be overstated the job Davey had this game too. He didn't over-manage at all, when every previous nats manager would have. He only used 3 pitchers in game 7, and 99% of other managers wouldn't think twice about swapping Corbin out just to do so, even though Corbin was on fire. I mean, look at the Astros and Greinke... He stayed patient and trusted his guys, including Corbin who's been unbelievable adjusting to a hybrid starter/reliever role

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I avoided this thread and any baseball talk on here all year out of superstition. In fact, I don't think it is superstition. You do whatever works. You make subtle adjustments if s*** goes awry.  Everything in this world has an effect. Every action.

I love you guys.

tenor.gif

on a different note, I am in the process of buying way too much ****. Already ordered a shirt, hoodie, replica desk trophy, and some more ****. my bank account it hurting, but it feels so good

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I avoided this thread and any baseball talk on here all year out of superstition. In fact, I don't think it is superstition. You do whatever works. You make subtle adjustments if s*** goes awry.  Everything in this world has an effect. Every action.

I love you guys.

LOL I do the same ****!!

• Like 1

Gentlemen/Ladies... I hadn't posted in the thread through June when the Nats were struggling. I had been following, but just didnt have a ton to say. When the Nats started winning, I opted to continue to not post in this thread as a traditional baseball superstitionalist. 

Today I get to post without fear of jinxing this team.

I am proud to be a Nats fan today. Not just because of the fact that they won. But because of HOW they did it. This is a team with a tremendous backbone.

Congrats to all of us.

Go Nats!

• Like 6

So many moments: bud light guy, boob girls, people taking bats to first base, worst call in history, making history as a road team and of course...obese guy doing a belly slide on a lot of belly. I don't think I can go back to football now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1