Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do YOU want to happen?

bakedtater1

After the latest news of the marketing guys being out, I want this franchise to completely bottom out. it's been a **** show for so long and I have kept the faith that things might change. I've been a fan since 1977. Now I find myself every year telling my family how this year could be different/better, it never is. I want the ****tiest character people signed to the team, the worst stadium and field conditions, make Bruce part owner, screw the salary cap beyond fixing, get caught cheating in games, make it so they have to sign guys off the streets because no free agents will come here. If its bad I WANT it too happen here. Franchise is beyond a joke, its beyond fixing with current setup/ownership. So at this point I say good job what they are doing. Until they reach absolute bottom, there will be zero effective changes.  I dont know what else to do, I cant walk away, it's been a part of me/my life for so long.

In all honesty, I just want Bruce to go, A football guy to come in, give Jay one more chance and then if he doesn't impress, then bring in their own coach. 

A lot of people are giving Jay a hard time about his coaching this year.  He did the best that he could with the **** sandwich that fell in his lap as the season went on.  The fact that we were even in the game last week was amazing. When the team was mostly healthy, the Skins were 6-3 with a potential to make some noise going down the stretch.  Then all of the injuries came.  Even through all of that, Jay has kept the team in most games (with the exception of the blowout losses in back to back weeks to NYG and PHI).  I don't know how to fix the current state of the redskins, but I do think that they should give Gruden another year to get this team turned around. 

Get rid of Bruce completely and give Jay one more chance.

12 hours ago, Burgold said:

Short Term:

* Bruce Allen resigns or is fired. I think he's just too toxic in the building and his reputation is too toxic around the league.

* Outside consulting firm is hired to do a GM/President firm. Maybe the answer is Kyle Smith? Maybe it is Doug Williams? Maybe it's someone outside? I think we need outsiders to and professional headhunters who are uninvolved, dispassionate, and really good at finding the best to pick the next guy.

* My opinion on Jay is dependent on Alex Smith. If you think Alex can make a come back in 2019 then you can probably fire Jay. If not, Jay is a good house sitter. Give him one last chance to prove the critics wrong. If 2019 is as bad as I suspect, then we may just suck our way into a really good QB prospect and that's when you want the hotshot coach. Mind you, the new GM/President deserves a say in that.

I think your wrong about next season being bad.  We will probably have a 7-9 win year that'll not be enough to get rid of the underlying rot.  I mean, I won't be surprised if we somehow win Sunday and end up being mediocre until the current young core ages out while the rot is not removed. By the way, if there really is a good QB prospect in 2020, you know we'll do just good enough to not have the pick.

If Allen is really staying as the de-facto brains of this operation (he is), and Snyder's never going to be a good steward (he isn't), and isn't ever selling (he won't), I want MD, DC, and Virginia to say no thank you to helping subsidize a stadium for him. They can cite declining interest and a dwindling fan base, making it a bad investment for it's taxpayers (which it probably almost always is, even with consistently well run, and good teams). If the ringmaster wants to substantially fund his own stadium, fine. If not, take the circus somewhere else far away, and let those poor schmucks help line his pockets. I think I'd prefer an expansion team down the road at this point. Fans really need to make a statement that the league can't ignore (that would be revenue). Do not give money to this thankless cluster of an organization. That's where I'm at today, with this team.

On offense:

I want to re-sign Adrian Peterson immediately.  He was by far the most entertaining and valuable player on the Skins offense this season.  He played extremely tough and kept us in games.  He broke records.  With Guice coming back next year from injury, we will no doubt see a reduction in Peterson’s carries.  I view this as a positive thing for Adrian’s durability and also because we absolutely should run 2 back sets.  This would be ridiculous.  Thompson still spells on 3rd downs and we look for a young 4th RB to develop. Give Peterson a 3 year contract.  This should be done already.

I don’t want to speculate on our offensive coaches, but if they manage to stick around, given Alex Smith’s contract and injury, I believe we should roll with Colt McCoy as our starting QB.  Draft a young quarterback in the draft but don’t let him touch the field until 2020 minimum.  I expect Smith to make a comeback attempt. If our coaches are gone all bets are off at QB. 

The 2019 WR receiver free agent class looks weak to me.  We need a deep threat.  Desean Jackson is unhappy in Tampa Bay.  I would pull the trigger on him for a 1-2 year contract.  Draft another wideout and drink for Josh Doctson’s health.  

We all have seen movies where a tactical nuclear bomb has been activated;

I want Bruce Allen to be duct-taped to it, pants pulled down and genitals sprayed with a heavy sugar-water substance while staked to an ant bed, then 100 fans with a dozen eggs each, throwing them at him from 10 feet away, then covered by a dump truck load of various animal feces which has been churned down to a gravy consistency, and as the timer is being set, the last person shoves a rubber chicken up 'you know where' and given the FU finger to Bruce.

The hatred I have for Bruce Allen is immeasurable. I thought I hated Jim Haslett or Joe Barry; they would be a grain of sand in the Sahara desert comparatively speaking.

But what burns my ass is the fact that Dan Snyder is too f'ing stupid to see the problems Bruce Allen has brought to this team.  One would think that someone in his position would have a shred of common sense, but it is painfully crystal clear that Dan Snyder is a worthless POS owner who is treating this team and its fans like a 5 yr old treats their toys.

I've been a fan of this team going on 50 years, and I have never, ever, ever, seen a team that has been so carelessly mis-managed and operated.  Yes, Cleveland does come to mind, but comparatively speaking, even THEY were not so poorly operated for the duration this team has suffered.

Every other team in the league has had upswings for a couple years then slowly fall back to average, even some who have stayed a perennial stronghold in their division.

Not the Washington Redskins.  A faint 'bleep' on the heart machine every 5 years.

A few years ago, in a thread, I asked for the Skins to bring in Ron Wolfe as a consultant when he lived in Annapolis Md. and let him recommend hiring of new General Manager and a new head coach.  But of course nothing happened.....just more disasters, more injuries, and more bs management moves.  Winning in the offseason has become a real joke too.   There is a reason that ex-Skins players land on other teams and often wind up salvaging their careers.  Of course ex-Skins coaches end up not coaching again....

Hmm... Sometimes i can't tell which one of y'all is joking about wanting violence anymore.

I'd be fine with a form of ultimatium protest: either get rid of Bruce or sell the team.  The only nuclear option id support is going out of way as a fan base to force Dan to relocate, which comes with its own types of risks.

Total reboot, crash and burn in 2019.  End up with the top pick in the 2020 draft or #2 for a change.    End up with Tua or Fromm,  The 2020 draft just in general is looking insane so load up on picks in that draft. 

Purge salary -- Reed, V. Davis, Norman -- take the full hit of the Alex contract now.

Dan would never do this but IMO its one of the rarely mentioned stories of why his tenure has been a failure.  He cannot stomach a really bad year, he can't lose battles to win the war.

I've talked about this and so have others.  But what made me rekindle this thought was listening to Portis (Dan's pal) make this point on Sheehan's podcast -- he talked that up as a key reason for why this team hasn't had success and that it a rebuild never happens -- its always about now.   

I think, and I hate to say it, what I want to happen is as follows because it's the absolute worst case scenario and making the best out of it.

Alex Smith can't play.   He's done.   In that case we are in serious cap hell for a couple years.

In this case, and ONLY this case, I would immediately trade Williams and Kerrigan and to a lesser degree trade or release Norman, Mason Foster, Zach Brown, Jordan Reed, and anyone else over the age of 27.   Eat it all.   Go with a roster of 27 and younger.   SUCK a ton.   Josh and Colt will battle it out.   Draft a QB in round one AND two in each of the next two drafts.   And pray one of the four can play, and if more than one can, trade one of them.

Then start winning :).

Really, to me, NOTHING matters but the health status of Smith.

If he's out, we're done whether we have the league's best coach and GM or the league's worst.   That cap hit is too enormous to have it eating a hole like that.   If he's back there are ways to be competitive, as we saw.   But in that case, I'd want new coaches at the least.   And the problem is no good coach would come here until that Smith cap situation is understood.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@skins island connection please don’t hold back.  Tell us how you really feel.

I have the name of a guy, I think you should talk some issues through before you end up in a federal penitentiary...

Um, why?  The only people I may have upset would be those who have ant farms.

OK, i'll give in; i'll take the rubber chicken out of the equation... 😛

28 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I want our piece of trash owner to sell the team

it's just not possible, he doesnt really care about what the fans think, only sees $$$. Owning an NFL team is so profitable you'd be crazy to sell. My hope is that he sees value in another city and moves there but I doubt that happens as well. 

I would love to see a member, or a group of ES members  put together a well thought out, meaningful, down and dirty survey to display the feelings and perceptions of the fans as related to the Redskins organization(not the players).  I’m not talking about those little 3 or 4 question surveys that provide little or no informational value.  I am talking about a survey that would be similar to an organizational employee survey.  One that can be distributed outside the ES walls so as to achieve a significant sound sample.  It’s about time the fans had a real way to voice their opinions culminating is a document showing any interested party the real feeling of the fans, not the **** that’s fed to ownership.  I think ES is a great venue because of the cumulative expertise in all of the areas required to pull it off, not to mention the connections with other local media sources that would be helpful.  Anyway, just a thought.

Archived