Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do YOU want to happen?

bakedtater1

Dan is a train wreck IMO, Bruce is the next biggest problem.  All of the rest of it that some obsess on I don't really care too much about one way or another.  I'll have moments where I care about it but when I settle down, I always come back to Dan and then Bruce.

Dan is probably the worst owner in the league.  Bruce is probably the worst GM.  So am hoping the Robin component to the front office is gone.

I posted this on another thread but in the past I thought Bruce-FO had the formula down to make this team perpetually mediocre and do it in a way where its an ugly dysfunctional mediocre where 7-9 feels like 3-13.    But I am looking at this roster and the challenges ahead and matching it with the Bruce's skills and I think its possible where are finally going to have one of these crash 3-13 seasons.  I don't think they'd do it intentionally  But I think they can fall into it.  And there is some upside for this to happen. 

The 2020 draft looks golden if they get the #1 or #2 pick.  Among the ironic instances of bad luck (bad karma if you ask me) of the Dan era (post the Arrington draft which Casserly set up) is the only time they really crashed for a #1 or #2 pick was in 2013 and they didn't own that pick because of the RG3 trade.  Dan tends to do just enough even in their bad seasons to avoid the #1, #2 picks.   

I've heard enough from beat guys that leave the impression that the FO is sooo smug and like to say they've built killer rosters save for bad luck.  So I think Bruce is back to prove this team really is an 11-5 roster.  I think it will blow up in his face.  Also. heard from Sheehan that the stories behind the scenes are even worse than what's out there publicly and that's part of the reason why for example the media isn't giving Bruce and the FO a break.   

Some of the few defenders left of the FO like to say there is a disconnect between the team's mediocre record and fans reaction to it.  As if a 7-9 record as an example should be treated just like the record is -- so so -- not awful, not bad but so so.  But IMO what they miss is all the dysfunction is what keeps the team down IMO.  Just because they draft Jonathan Allen or whomever doesn't take the rest of the crap away.  It's the crap that weighs me down -- not the record -- but the vibe that the people running the ship aren't the good guys and are douches. 

And them being smug about their mediocre records if anything to me shows how sad this franchise has become.  I recall someone saying years back that Dan Snyder loved to give it to Jerry Jones because the Redskins at the time won more playoff games than the Cowboys -- if I recall it was 2 versus their 1 at the time.   This is with the Redskins during the same period being typically the doormats of the NFC East.  How pathetic is that.  What are we celebrating next?   I don't give a rats behind about their 8-8 ugly seasons.   I'd rather them tank in that case and luck themselves into success by finding a franchise QB finally.  

Reminds me of this movie, the wall of mediocrity where its turned into a joke.   But in this movie's case the mediocrity was lovable -- its not so in the Redskins version, we got the ugly version of it.

I would like Snyder to fire Bruce Allen, bring in a true legitimate GM who restructures the entire front office to that of a more traditional style.  I would give the new GM full control Day 1, they can fire or retain who they want.  Snyder is simply there to sign pay checks and over charge for concessions. 

Unless at least the first part happens, not sure how much long term change we will ever see with the franchise.

I want us to fire Bruce Allen today, preferably including misspelling his name a la Kurt - Bryce Allen? Promote Kyle Smith to GM. 

Keep Jay, not because he's great but because it's hard to imagine a better coach actually agreeing to be here. 

Per Over the Cap, we're at approximately $15M in cap space for 2019 assuming the cap is $190M.

I'd cut the following (or trade if possible):

Josh Norman - $8.5M cap savings

Vernon Davis - $5.0M cap savings

I'd maybe cut Foster ($2.0M savings) and Zach Brown ($5.75M savings). All of these would get us to about $36.25M in cap space for 2019. Looking to 2020 we'll probably have to move on from Trent ($12.75M savings) and Reed ($8.5M savings). McGee would also save us $4.2M as a 2020 cut. 

Signings/Extensions: 

I'd extend Brandon Scherff which will probably cost between $12-15M per year. 

I'd extend Matt Ioannidis.  

I'd like to have Thompson back for 2020 but I don't think we can afford it particularly with the injury issues.

I'm probably letting Preston Smith, Crowder, and Nsekhe walk.

I have no idea what to do with Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix - what will the price be, how good is he really?

I'm planning for Kerrigan to walk for 2021 (and Trent if he hasn't already been released). Most important things for 2021 and 2022 will be extended Jon Allen and Daron Payne respectively. 

Probably more cuts this offseason will be necessary beyond Norman, Davis, Foster, and Brown. Just those cuts get us to $36.25M before draft picks and extensions for Scherff and Ioannidis. We'd probably only have about $10-15M to play with in free agency, though most of the higher priced FAs are on the wrong side of 30 so maybe we want to stay quiet in FA anyway. Draft BPA weighted toward OL/DL.

I want Snyder to task LaFemina with "rebuilding the organization" however he sees fit. 

That would include:

1) Designing what the org chat should look like before having any faces/names

2) Bringing in other well-respected NFL front office people to advise and help seed the front office 

3) Eventually giving Football Operations to someone (whether that's promoting a star-on-the-rise from within or bringing in someone new

4) Come public (as they've done slightly better lately) and admit that things have gone off the rails and they understand that to give the fans and city the team it deserves, they must go through this process...ask us to be patient and stick with them...assure us that they will stop at nothing to get it right

That's what I want

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I want Snyder to task LaFemina with "rebuilding the organization" however he sees fit. 

That would include:

1) Designing what the org chat should look like before having any faces/names

2) Bringing in other well-respected NFL front office people to advise and help seed the front office 

3) Eventually giving Football Operations to someone (whether that's promoting a star-on-the-rise from within or bringing in someone new

4) Come public (as they've done slightly better lately) and admit that things have gone off the rails and they understand that to give the fans and city the team it deserves, they must go through this process...ask us to be patient and stick with them...assure us that they will stop at nothing to get it right

That's what I want

I agree with all of this completely, ESPECIALLY the first one.  That is such a perfect way to put it so that there's no bias, no confusion, no nothing.  Excellent articulation of something I've struggled with putting into words, man.

Understanding fully that anything less than Snyder and the current group of investors (the second leading investor, I forget his name, is an incompetent boob, also) give up ownership is probably nothing burger, I do have a way for them to convince me things have changed:

1) Snyder holds a press conference announcing changes in upper management and actually taking questions from the press. 

2) Promote Kyle Smith from scouting ranks to GM with final say on roster and head coaching hires, as well as, all other football operations.

What Kyle Smith does from there is his decision, and we can sit back and let him sink or swim. That way, if things go south, we can hold those accountable and move on. 

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

I agree with all of this completely, ESPECIALLY the first one.  That is such a perfect way to put it so that there's no bias, no confusion, no nothing.  Excellent articulation of something I've struggled with putting into words, man.

Thanks - that keeps you from chasing your tail or hiring people with no true role just because you think they are good hires. 

And...just like that, there's no LaFemina to hand the keys over to. So, we are probably so far away from anything resembling what we should do. 

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Thanks - that keeps you from chasing your tail or hiring people with no true role just because you think they are good hires. 

And...just like that, there's no LaFemina to hand the keys over to. So, we are probably so far away from anything resembling what we should do. 

Oh Jesus ****ing Christ.  This team is beyond pathetic.

Snyder needs to sell the team. PERIOD. 

I want a full rebuild from the ground up. Hire a REAL GM. Let HIM PICK his head coach.  Trade anyone with value over 29 years old for draft picks. And build a young team. I am willing to suck ass for 3 or 4 years to have a legit contender. Heck we have already sucked ass for 2 decades at this point.

1 minute ago, l7986 said:

I just want Jay gone. He's had plenty of time to show that he is just meh as a head coach and there's nothing to suggest that he'll change given another year.

I don't love Jay but it's really not on him anymore. These moves, the past moves in letting guys like Cobbs and Bibbs just walk, it's a complete organizational **** show. It doesn't matter who's coaching so long as the culture is broken. And that begins at the top, If Allen is constantly threatened by guys who are efficiently doing their job then he's showing zero interest in the best for the organization and only covering his own ass. He can **** right off for all I care. 

2 minutes ago, l7986 said:

I just want Jay gone. He's had plenty of time to show that he is just meh as a head coach and there's nothing to suggest that he'll change given another year.

Fair, but the fact that we brought in a well-respected front-office type less than a year ago and he's been released tells me that it won't matter who replaces Jay until we fix the level(s) above the head coaching position. 

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Fair, but the fact that we brought in a well-respected front-office type less than a year ago and he's been released tells me that it won't matter who replaces Jay until we fix the level(s) above the head coaching position. 

Exactly. Who wants to coach a team that has playing time dictated by Bruce Allen?? 

Archived