Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They elected him to lead... also, you are missing the point. Let’s assume you are right with the test of your post.  Your telling me there is nothing the dems want that’s worth more than a wall? 

1. it doesn't matter. the entire thing was a lie from the get go and his lunatic following turned it into a battle cry. Mexico will pay for it.

2. based on that, now demanding we do so is galling. Threatening us unless we do is appalling. Following through on the threat and severely hurting this country is unforgivable. And that is the mildest word i can think of.  The fact people in this country would ever go along with it is a disgusting comment on part of our society. 

3. I am sure there is something the dems could want. The problem is you can't trust this man, you can't trust his party, you can't trust them even slightly.

So no, you make no concession to someone who has no integrity. You're just asking to get ****ed.

If any of you who try to keep floating this bull**** as if it were normal ever had to negotiate with someone like this in your own life, you'd never deal with them. You'd know better than to ever trust those who prove at every single instance that they have no integrity, no honor, and no intention of ever ever ever giving you anything. There's no way you would give them a dime. Ever.

But somehow when it comes to this.. we're expected to ignore every single bit of what anyone with even a shred of intelligence knows. You can't deal with someone you can't trust. and NO ONE can trust any of the GOP, least of all McConnell and Trump.

So, **** him and **** his wall.  The best i would ever offer by way of compromise is a wall-ready brick thrown at his big fat ****ing melon.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Not give up, get in return. Their are a lot of policy changes that would do a lot of good. More good than the harm of 5 billion for a partial wall.

Thats not the point. But fine, there is nothing they want in return to give Trump what he wants because "He really wants it" 

Its not about the wall. Its about power. I know you can understand that. Nothing they can get - nothing, try me - is worth teaching Trump he has the power to do whatever he wants by simply shutting the country down and not negotiating. Thats why your argument is so dumb. The Dems have tried multiple times to negotiate as recently as yesterday. Trump on the other hand made a deal with his cabinet and said nothing will happen unless you agree to this. 

He is wrong. You know it. Why try so hard to justify it? Serious question. 

• Thanks 1

the ignorant bigoted racist misogynist idiotic man-child so enthusiastically made leader of their cause by the majority of the republican party, with the help of 95% of the other elected gopers and the stunningly low-grade cartoons that make up the trump admin, have and still are are in real time damaging this country more than any foreign adversary outside of actual war in a long time...much of it likely done with the help of a foreign adversary

the gop continues to deteriorate into little more than an obstacle to a better world for everyone (except the "more active" bigots/racists)

as long as hurd and a few others stay in the fight there's still hope for the grand old party and the best, most worthy, tenets usually associated with it; besides, someday hopefully, we will still have to deal with and improve on all the dem's shortcomings 

• Like 5

Not to mention giving the 5 billion up right now for "the wall" is just going to empower Trump to do the same thing the next time a spending bill needs to be passed.  This isn't the way to run gov't and that needs to be the main point Trump has to come away from this understanding.  He won't, of course, but maybe enough voters will. 

• Thanks 1

@Cousins84
Number one, Congress doesn't mix legislation. They won't trade minimum wage, or gun control for a wall. So the scope here is Homeland Security / immigration legislation.

Number two, Federal courts are protecting Dreamers right now. If/when they allow it to end have fun deporting the Dreamers because that will also be a political weight.

The best he will get out of this is increased border funding. He should be happy with that because he has claimed there's a "border crisis". He could have gotten that in week 1... but I don't know why Trump wants to continue an unpopular shutdown.

27 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You are 100 percent correct, which is why pelosi should use her maximum leverage to get maximum concessions on broad ranging legislation to enact policies her side supports.  I don’t really think the political game your advocating hurts the president. His 36 percent isn’t going to leave over “obstructionist Democrats and fake news media” and the remaining 64 percent already know what he is about.... him caving on DACA in return for a wall probably hurts him more that reopening the government for nothing.

Maximum concessions are not on offer.  As you note, Trump knows he will lose his base if he offers enough for the Dems to accept.  He literally offered next to nothing and his base called it "a cave" and "amnesty" and so he has not offered anything close to enough.  Theoretically, you are right; Dems should give $5.7 billion in exchange for the entire list of Democrat priorities.  Practically, what you are saying is never going to happen. because Trump doesn't want the wall.  He wants the fight.  But he stupidly picked a fight he cannot win.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

39 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its not about the wall. Its about power. I know you can understand that.

I do understand that. I don’t think we should be too exciting about anyone choosing to flex muscle out of spite, at the cost of attempting to enact policies that actually help Americans. 

I’m not justifying his actions. I’m being critical of Pelosi’s response. There’s a difference.

30 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@Cousins84
Number one, Congress doesn't mix legislation. They won't trade minimum wage, or gun control for a wall. So the scope here is Homeland Security / immigration legislation.

There have been a few grand scale compromises that made wide scale policy changes in America’s past... it’s possible.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

Open the government back up and then we can talk. It's so simple. And Pelosi is doing a great job of keeping it that way. She has her foot on Donald's throat and isn't letting up. I can only imagine what it's like in the WH right now. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats not the point. But fine, there is nothing they want in return to give Trump what he wants because "He really wants it" 

Its not about the wall. Its about power. I know you can understand that. Nothing they can get - nothing, try me - is worth teaching Trump he has the power to do whatever he wants by simply shutting the country down and not negotiating. Thats why your argument is so dumb. The Dems have tried multiple times to negotiate as recently as yesterday. Trump on the other hand made a deal with his cabinet and said nothing will happen unless you agree to this. 

Image may contain: meme and text

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twa said:

If Schumer offered 25B for a wall why is 5B now unreasonable and immoral?

Because he didn't offer 25 billion for a wall.

In 2013 Schumer sponsored a bill that had 46 billion for border security. 30 billion of it was for hiring more border security. 8 billion was for repair and building the 700 miles of border fencing. 

The GOP house refused to vote on it then. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I do understand that. I don’t think we should be too exciting about anyone choosing to flex muscle out of spite, at the cost of attempting to enact policies that actually help Americans. 

I guess where we differ is that I think what the Dems are doing is actually going to help Americans in the long run. I do wish that it didn't cost people their lives though. I will say this: if we disagree here the only way we can decide who gets what they want is through voting in reps that do what we want. 

Dems did that. Trump is stopping the process. We cant get anything done like that and letting him win now will set us up for more of it in the future. If not by him then by someone else crazy enough to do it. 

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not justifying his actions. I’m being critical of Pelosi’s response. There’s a difference.

True. Point taken. I think she should be criticized but I also think she is doing what has to be done. I feel you now. 

20 minutes ago, twa said:

If Schumer offered 25B for a wall why is 5B now unreasonable and immoral?

It was 25bil for boarder security. 

And that was through normal negotiations. All of congress agreed on it for the most part. 

What we have here is a strong arm tactic and that changes the dynamic a great deal. 

Its like having someone offer you a ride to a Redskins game and you saying no. Then showing up 2 years later with a gun demanding a ride or else. I wanna say I know you get that......but I know you lol

• Haha 1

Bottom line.

How do you negotiate with people who can't be trusted?

This is one of the GOPs biggest problems and should hinder all negotiations with them. Their word means nothing, their promises mean nothing. So how does one accept their 'deal'?

Unfortunately, the democrats continually try to act like the adult who believes they WILL behave like they have any honor or the good of the country at heart. They won't. In fact trying to negotiate with them is weakness to be exploited, and they do at every opportunity.

So how do you negotiate with a liar, thief and person known to constantly and continually not live up to his word?

~Bang

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

So how do you negotiate with a liar, thief and person known to constantly and continually not live up to his word?

~Bang

That's a tough one, but Trump aint those things; not really at his core. (narcissist) Those are more symptoms. I guarantee you Trump lives up to his word 100% of the time; to himself. You can't steal anything if you think the world is yours... and so on. 

Anyway, you deal with Trump the way Pelosi is currently. You equal or top his media coverage. Atm Pelosi's face is right up there next to Trump's in the top stories and she's also the top story at times. We're discussing her right with Trump right now.

She's not the top story on Trump's terms which is how she's winning. (atm) You can tell she's winning because Trump gave up the address without too much of a hissy fit. This is a guy who goes on tweet rages at night after watching the news.

• Confused 2