Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

43 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, Nancy, you challenged Donald Trump to a Battle of Pettiness.

Or after a decade of GOP pettiness with every attempt at “going high” being met with an escalation in douchebaggery and people still voting for them, this was the inevitable response.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Ok, we don't want her to win this one. 

Lol I'm not saying shes gonna be the most petty I'm saying shes gonna come out on the other end covered in much less **** than he is. Sounds like captain obvious when I put it that way tho

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In a normal world, brazenly leaking the travel plans of the person 3rd in line to the Presidency for their trip into a war zone would be a major scandal. 

Well **** all that **** lol

• Haha 1

Two days ago, the story about the shutdown was centered around FBI agents and TSA screeners and Coast Guard sailors defending our country for free, while their commanders advised them on where the food banks are. 

And the Dems were willing the story. 

Now, it's about Donald and Nancy ruining each other's photo op junkets. 

Congratulations on resurrecting another month of "I blame both sides". 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lol I'm not saying shes gonna be the most petty I'm saying shes gonna come out on the other end covered in much less **** than he is. Sounds like captain obvious when I put it that way tho

I'm confident that Pelosi and her team are having a meeting where the topic is "What should Nancy do since she won't be in Afghanistan?"  It is a chance to needle Trump some more by doing something that, but for Trump, would not have happened.  Here are some options:

1.  Do a big PR confab where she and a bunch of Dem lawmakers give out food and whatnot to furloughed workers in DC.  

2.  Pass yet another bill to fund the government and reopen government (with no wall funding, again).

Of course, she could also charter a flight and go to Afghanistan anyways.  This would be great because it would show Trump to be powerless to stop her from doing what she wants; it would be an illustration of her doing the government's business with Trump as simply an annoying obstacle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Two days ago, the story about the shutdown was centered around FBI agents and TSA screeners and Coast Guard sailors defending our country for free, while their commanders advised them on where the food banks are. 

And the Dems were willing the story. 

Meh, tomorrow it will be back to missed paychecks (since it's a Friday).  Saturday is the Women's March on DC, which is the biggest annual Trump protest.  Sunday is the NFL conference championships.  Next week we'll all be back to shutdown horror stories.  

If you grew up with various leadership training as a youth (various positions in scouts, school organizations, captain of a sports team, etc - all of these are basically leadership training for you to use later in life) this entire thing, and in general the entire presidency of trump, is just laughable to sit back and watch once you get out of the usual political stuff. 

The only leadership quality he has seems to be that he is able to rally support - even if that is a bewildering accomplishment when you realize it’s done using obvious lies and petulance. 

He otherwise is the antithesis of posessing leadership qualities. 

What pains me is knowing the people who guided me through those things don’t see this situation the same ways. Parents, scout leaders that guided me to eagle and running two different troops, coaches that made me captain.... all who lectured me at one point in time (most, many points in time) on “what it means to be a leader.”

I know they know better. I *know* they know better. It’s not a question. 

zooming out to 1000 feet, the longer this administration goes on the more I’m convinced the core of this situation is a serious brainwashing over decades has taken place. (And no, I don’t think trump supporters are the only group, but they’re the most easily-brainwashed of them all)

i know these people (that I’m specifically referring to) aren’t racist (the most often referenced LCD of the group that gets mentioned). Much like I know they know better. They have to be brainwashed. I don’t have another explanation. 

The people that guided me to leading dozens of teenagers to do and produce the things they did, not seeing this as a complete and utter failure of leadership, I just don’t see a better explanation. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Larry said:

And the Dems were winning the story. 

One thing you've got to give Trump is that he blessed with his enemies.

Edited by nonniey

Damn good post @tshile . It's very clear his entire life is built on an ability to front.. 
Leadership is impossible for a person so self centered.

Brainwashing is a very accurate term, even if it is a bit 50s corny.. but this is what it does. Conditioned thought and response..  and that is exactly what the base gives, as predictable as the tide.

~Bang

• Thanks 1

So they've agreed to back pay for all the furloughed workers right?  House should pass a bill mandating that all workers get paid now instead of waiting for when shut down ends.  If everyone is agreed on eventually paying them, what justification would GOP have on waiting?

• Thanks 1