Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The One & Only Josh Johnson Jubilation Jamboree thread

TK

15 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It actually isn't hyperbole at all.  Johnson's last start was 2011.  They just won a game, on the road against a tough defense, with a come from behind win.  This tweet is 100% accurate.

I kind of agree with this.  The only hangup is that Jacksonville is a 4 win team.  But still, Johnson has been on 12 teams, the few times he has played he’s been pretty terrible, and he was out of the league a few weeks ago.  To go out and not turn it over and get a win vs. any team on the road is a huge accomplishment.  The look of disgust on Doug Marrone’s face at the end of the game really said it all.

16 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I kind of agree with this.  The only hangup is that Jacksonville is a 4 win team.  But still, Johnson has been on 12 teams, the few times he has played he’s been pretty terrible, and he was out of the league a few weeks ago.  To go out and not turn it over and get a win vs. any team on the road is a huge accomplishment.  The look of disgust on Doug Marrone’s face at the end of the game really said it all.

Yes their offense sucks, but it was still impressive with how it looked like the game was headed to come from behind and win.  Josh "All he does is win" Johnson.

5 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

It actually isn't hyperbole at all.  Johnson's last start was 2011.  They just won a game, on the road against a tough defense, with a come from behind win.  This tweet is 100% accurate.

And some say JAX isn't good, but they beat the Pats, Colts, and Jets.

Yes, Josh Johnson beat the team that beat the team that just played in the Super Bowl.

And looking ahead to Titans. Jags only lost to them 9-6, so maybe there's a chance.

3 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Or look at it this way. Jeremy Sprinkle has been on the team for almost 2 years and Gruden decides to try to throw the ball to him yesterday. So, yeah....

Maybe there's a good reason Jay doesn't throw to him much in 2 years. Maybe it's already determined he doesn't have a future as a receiving TE.

I think Sprinkle serves 2 purposes on this team.

* Perhaps our best Blocking TE

* Somewhat of a decoy. Noone is expecting him to catch the ball, so when you really need a TD, go to him once in a while, and he may not be covered very well.

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not only did he not turn the ball over, he actually threw for a touchdown.  I honestly didn't think that would happen.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And looking ahead to Titans. Jags only lost to them 9-6, so maybe there's a chance.

9-6 was the first of their two matchups, back in week 3. The titans weren’t AS good back then as they are now. The titans destroyed the jaguars 30-9, just 10 days before our game yesterday, and have just won 3 in a row now. The titans might be a bit tougher. I think we COULD have a decent chance, but it’s going to be tougher than yesterday’s game was. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe there's a good reason Jay doesn't throw to him much in 2 years. Maybe it's already determined he doesn't have a future as a receiving TE.

* Somewhat of a decoy. Noone is expecting him to catch the ball, so when you really need a TD, go to him once in a while, and he may not be covered very well.

Sprinkle could be our Clint Didier...barely throw him the ball all season long and use him for blocking, then Gibbs has Williams toss him a TD pass in the Super Bowl lol...

Off topic, but Woody Paige just called us the "Washington Football Club". Screw you! We won the case...sorry, it pisses me off.

Anyways, I listened to 106.7 the fan for 10 hours today and I loved every second of it! Good job, JJ! Glad you got a win.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He's our best blocking TE, but he IS a good receiver, and has good hands and can move. Davis doesn't make that catch. Just another example that Jay doesn't use his guys to the best of their ability. Meanwhile Vernon Davis drops another ball that was right in his breadbasket.

Logan Paulson caught more balls, and he wasn't the receiver that Sprinkle is. But Jay does that. Falls in love with a guy that isn't good (Paul, Kelly, Grant) and overlooks guys that are better (Bibbs, Sprinkle, Harris)

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think you mean Don Warren.

Could have sworn it was Clint Didier...

1 hour ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Didier was a receiving tight end. Don Warren was the rarely-thrown-to blocker.

Well, he had 13 receptions that season, and only had three receptions in the postseason yet 2 of them were for TDs lol...

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Could have sworn it was Clint Didier...

Well, he had 13 receptions that season, and only had three receptions in the postseason yet 2 of them were for TDs lol...

With Art Monk, Gary Clark, and Ricky Sanders as wideouts, the TE's didn't get all that many targets.

Dids was twice the receiver that Warren was. Nothing against Warren of course, who had a much longer career and was a better blocker.  I loved Gibbs 1 heavy jumbo play action to Warren. Ii am not sure it ever failed.  That play was way ahead of its time.  We still see teams blindly running into a brick wall over and over.   After telegraphing they will do it.

4 Super Bowls for this guy. The Hog with Hands.

gju8.jpg

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And some say JAX isn't good, but they beat the Pats, Colts, and Jets.

Yes, Josh Johnson beat the team that beat the team that just played in the Super Bowl.

Nope, Titans will wipe the floor with us.  Barely sneak out a win against the worst team in the NFL, and all of the sudden people think you might beat playoff teams...

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Barely sneak out a win against the worst team in the NFL, and all of the sudden people think you might beat playoff teams...

Titans are a long ways from becoming a playoff team this year.

3 hours ago, Morneblade said:

He's our best blocking TE, but he IS a good receiver, and has good hands and can move. Davis doesn't make that catch. Just another example that Jay doesn't use his guys to the best of their ability. Meanwhile Vernon Davis drops another ball that was right in his breadbasket.

Logan Paulson caught more balls, and he wasn't the receiver that Sprinkle is. But Jay does that. Falls in love with a guy that isn't good (Paul, Kelly, Grant) and overlooks guys that are better (Bibbs, Sprinkle, Harris)

Yea Gruden should at least try to throw to him more.

Sprinkle has scored a Touchdown on 40% of his career catches.

That's like, and NFL record or something.

Archived