Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The One & Only Josh Johnson Jubilation Jamboree thread

TK

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I think it means they’re not “a long ways from becoming a playoff team”.   :)

If you look at the whole situation and the facts, it doesn't look that way. They're almost as far away from a playoff berth, that a team can possibly be, and still be in it, with 2 games left.  The scenario is one we should be familiar with : They need a lot of things to go their way to get in ;  Not only do they have to win out, but they need help from multiple teams. They're 2 teams behind a playoff berth with only 2 games to go.

3 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

OMG  QB goes 16 -25  151 yrds, get out the checkbook Dan! 

Come on, those are actually Alex Smith numbers, and look at the checks he's getting.

I wonder what the book was on him. Something a little deeper than, he's just not good.

I did see that his pregame passes were inaccurate or erratic. But whoopie dee doo ding dong maybe loosening up his arm was more important than accuracy, for all we know.  I just don't see how a QB can be inaccurate, but still be considered at QB.

Caroline losing helped his chances at becoming a hero and managing us into the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I wonder what the book was on him. Something a little deeper than, he's just not good.

"One of the game's best-kept secrets, at least where the national media is concerned, Johnson has greatly impressed professional scouts that have actually seen him perform. Many will agree that he is one of the most exciting athletes to watch with the ball in his hands, bringing back memories of Michael Vick and Vince Young during their collegiate days "

and plenty more to rave about here, interestingly

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-johnson?id=264

34 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If you look at the whole situation and the facts, it doesn't look that way. They're almost as far away from a playoff berth, that a team can possibly be, and still be in it, with 2 games left.  The scenario is one we should be familiar with : They need a lot of things to go their way to get in ;  Not only do they have to win out, but they need help from multiple teams. They're 2 teams behind a playoff berth with only 2 games to go.

The bottom line is that they’re in the playoff hunt, and therefore not “a long way from becoming a playoff team”.  

And BTW, speaking of the “whole situation and the facts” - they need to win their remaining 2 games and either the Ravens or Steelers to lose 1 game (who have a game vs the Chargers and Saints, respectively). 

So now I have to also disagree with your assertion “they’re almost as far from a playoff berth as a team could possibly be, and still be in it”, lol.  

Ironically, I actually agreed with your original point... that the Titans are beatable.  Not taking my wallet out or anything, but it’s possible.  

24 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

The bottom line is that they’re in the playoff hunt, and therefore not “a long way from becoming a playoff team”.

So it's subjective, and it depends on a person's definition of "long".

And speaking of things that are long, let's get back to Johnson, the subject of the thread.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, RVAskins said:

Seriously? You have very low expectations for this team next year, don't you. There is a reason he's played for so many teams. I'm happy for the win and his legs helped us win this game but let's keep it in perspective.

Who else is going to start? He's sure as hell better than most we'll pull off the streets, plus he guarantees we may suck enough to snag a legitimate QB prospect in 2020. 

16 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And the standings say that they are currently 8th seed (like us).

How does that make them a playoff team ?

Again, reading is too difficult?  You said they were "a long way from being a playoff team".  But reality is, they are tied for the 6th seed, and all they need to do to beat out the 2 other teams is beat the Colts, and have the Ravens lose, who finish the season against 2 teams that are a combined 7-1 over the last 4 weeks. 

The Titans are in the driving seat, which is why they have been given the best odds to make the playoffs, and the Ravens the lowest.

Josh just oozes feel good story. He seems like a very good dude with a good disposition to boot. I'm waiting for clock to strike 12 ... and i'm pretty sure it will happen against a super tough Titans team, but F it ... all we can do is support the man! 

22 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Come on, those are actually Alex Smith numbers, and look at the checks he's getting.

Umm yeah but he was paid for the numbers he had at K.C. 

9 hours ago, Morneblade said:

You realize we just did that last year, right?

Umm yeah but he was paid for the numbers he had at K.C. 

18 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Who else is going to start? He's sure as hell better than most we'll pull off the streets, plus he guarantees we may suck enough to snag a legitimate QB prospect in 2020. 

Figured Sanchez was our man for that

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Again guys, let's try to stay on topic with the thread.

Not just about Johnson, but the thread is titled Jubilation Jamboree - so let's keep the Negative Nancy/Debbie Downer stuff out of it, and stick with the Jubilation subject.

So anyway, is Josh Johnson simply a really late bloomer ?

After the season that we’ve had (particularly the injuries, once again) it’d be really nice if the football gods shined some light upon this team to balance things out.  We have to play near perfect football from here on out.  

To win any remaining games, these things need to happen on game day:

1.  Adrian Peterson needs a big day.  90+ yards on the ground and a few more in the air.

2.  Johnson needs to be efficient.  Doesn’t need to light the world on fire, but 200 through the air, 40 on the ground, 2tds and an int might do the trick.  

3.  Defense doesn’t suck.  If we can get pressure, 2-4 sacks, don’t get gashed through the air, and sneak a TO or two, we have a great chance at winning.

whatcha think?

2 minutes ago, chaaarmndr said:

After the season that we’ve had (particularly the injuries, once again) it’d be really nice if the football gods shined some light upon this team to balance things out.  We have to play near perfect football from here on out.  

To win any remaining games, these things need to happen on game day:

1.  Adrian Peterson needs a big day.  90+ yards on the ground and a few more in the air.

2.  Johnson needs to be efficient.  Doesn’t need to light the world on fire, but 200 through the air, 40 on the ground, 2tds and an int might do the trick.  

3.  Defense doesn’t suck.  If we can get pressure, 2-4 sacks, don’t get gashed through the air, and sneak a TO or two, we have a great chance at winning.

whatcha think?

on #1, Peterson is closing in on on another 1000 yard season, so he will be more hungry than ever.

on #2, if Johnson can play that well and efficiently with no major mistakes, with nary a practice rep, than imagine what he can do with another full week, workin with the WRs.

on #3, maybe last week showed the defense is turning back around - allowing only 6 points. Yes it was the Jags, but Skins have a history of making even bad teams look good.

I love having a big Johnson on my team..I just feel like we can score really easy!!...ok ok enough is enough lol ummm ya he's a Redskin so I support him...still way to early to say if he's our savior but he's what we got now so ya..here's to hoping ya can lead my beloved Redskins to the playoffs Josh!!

Feels good to be back!

Ok, the way I see it is this;

No one expects or expected the Redskins to win another game this season when Josh Johnson was brought onto the team; all he did was play a cool collective game manager against the Jag-u-wires and won, even though the Jags are far removed from playoff hopes they still have a tough top ranked defense.  Great feel-good story for the guy and I'm happy for him. 

There's no pressure on him to be a savior for the team, and there's really no pressure on the team either regarding playoffs; most everyone has us written off, so the pressure is off of him and the team, so they can go out, play the game, and have some fun; play loose. Its the Titans who have all the pressure in the world, so they will be tense and that can lead to them making mistakes.

If a few things go our way [ which they rarely do ] the Redskins could possibly squeeze into the paloffs. The advantage we have is there's really nothing of value regarding game film for opponents to get a feel for Josh; its the same thing when a back-up QB goes into a game and usually has success; opponents had not planned or practiced or watched what the back-up QB's tendencies were, so its much harder to defend. Top that with him being a more mobile QB, and he has no problem getting out of the pocket, which helps him get a better view of the field.

Against the Jags, he threw a few balls into tight coverage that were completed; that's something Smith stayed far away from, and it was a bit refreshing to see a QB complete those passes.

I don't expect this team to do anything, but if they do manage to win the last 2 games, it will give Josh another chance in the NFL, and he's a good kid who deserves another chance somewhere, so its a feel-good story for him. He just needs to go out and have some fun, sling the rock and let it be.  BUT, you cannot argue the fact that IF, and its a big IF, the chips fall the right way, the Redskins could get into post-season play, and what a story that would be for the guy. you can't help but want him to play good.  A page out of 'the Replacements'.

I love the "feel good" aspect to Johnson finally getting a shot and possibly leading this team into the playoffs, but some of the hype on this guy after 1 game (Giants game was garbage time prevent defense) is getting a bit ridiculous.  They took calls on 980 yesterday saying how confident they were in winning out and actually winning games in the playoffs!  All because of Johnson and his leadership abilities.  Can we at least wait until Saturday to get a better glimpse as to whether or not we have a shot for the playoffs?

You know what, the timing of a feel good story and unexpected leader, was exactly what this team needed. Forget us fans and radio shows chugging koolaid myself included.

The players were a hot mess. Internal dissension seemed.... rampant. ****ing about how to practice, Foster 1 tearing the team apart implying the Bama guys signed off on an alleged wife beater, Foster 2 **** you **** you **** everybody.... QB injuries - I have a sneaking suspicion that players naturally turn to QBs to be the leaders. We suddenly didn't have a QB.  The players were probably more stunned than we were, that we brought in Sanchez, whose butt fumble is an iconic moment in league history.  His impressive butt recovery immediately after being inserted perv, was not enough to overcome the head scratching of him being here in the first place.

We were a leaderless team when Josh trotted out there.  Prevent was perfect, to get his feet wet, and for others to see he can still move around.  Sorry, but players know Jay is just treading water biding time in our garbage organization.  We had no leader. Players likely scoffed at JJ, too.  But you know what, we won, and now they have someone to rally behind.

No, we can't wait until Saturday.  We are, extreme skins fans.

Archived