Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Eli’s Stoopid Face at Redskins

TK

5 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Was giving this some thought as well. 

We we were shut out by the Rams in 2014, by a similar margin (24-0?)

the John Beck game where the Bills collected 12 sacks. Roy Helu broke the record for receptions by a RB, though, I believe. That was 2011. 

Any others I’m missing recently?

2013 game vs KC Chiefs in the snow at FedEx. Team simply wasn’t interested that day. I remember because I was there unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Down 34-0 at the half???  This is an incredibly embarrassing performance by the Skins!

Hopefully the team can play better in the 2nd half and salvage some respect. 

It's important to play hard and narrow the gap.  There are a lot of young (and potentially talented) Skins players who need to shape their identity as tough, never-say-die, competitors rather than toss-in-the-towel losers.

Yep.

But what game are you watching? That's a speech for the pregame. This **** is over bro. These dudes already got their suits out the locker. and they've made their dinner reservations. I remember Lebron talking about losing and going home to his luxury. They **** is true.

The reality is, they are not making the playoffs. So its best to make business decisions at this point.

Injuries or not Gruden has to go. When Josh Norman feels like he can listen to music on his headphones instead of the coach that should tell you all you need to know about respect and discipline with this team not to mention we need 3 new linebackers who can run under a 5 second forty and a QB. Just saw Brett Rypien who is kin to you know it Mark Rypien who is the QB at Fresno State. Not bad. Better than what we have of course.

Just now, Sonny9TD said:

Injuries or not Gruen has to go. When Josh Norman feels like he can listen to music on his headphones instead of the coach that should tell you all you need to know about respect and discipline with this team not to mention we need 3 new linebackers who can run under a 5 second forty and a QB. Just saw Brett Rypien who is kin to you know it Mark Rypien who is the QB at Fresno State. Not bad. Better than what we have of course.

He is at Boise. They are my second favorite college team.  He isn't going to be an NFL guy, practice squad guy maybe.

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The problem is you have contracts for others that wlll kill you on dead cap space..

I don't care - shop them for 6th round picks.

I've never seen garbage like this before

AP and D-line keep - the rest out. We have absolutely nothing worth working with

2 minutes ago, NNT said:

2013 game vs KC Chiefs in the snow at FedEx. Team simply wasn’t interested that day. I remember because I was there unfortunately. 

Yep. That one literally sprang to mind as I was checking your response. 

See, this game isn’t so bad? 

Sorry for your loss.... of money and enjoyment that day 

23 minutes ago, Macster said:

We need to make Dan Snyder sell this team!

How do we do it By everyone of us, taking a stand and NOT going to the games, NOT Purchasing any merchandise and staying at home to watch. When we hit him in the wallet and he realizes he has completely lost the fanbase, then he will be forced to sell!

18 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Offense: No heart, no guts, no balls, no brains

Defense: Glass jaw, no discipline, questionable heart

Coaching No heart, no guts, no brains, no balls. Honestly, if Gruden had the option he would have thrown in the towel before the game started. In reality, I think he did anyway.

He threw in the towel after McCoy got hurt.  He was so jazzed to finally have the QB he wanted and it lasted like 2.8 quarters.  

Gruden checked out agyer that.

And the team followed their leader. 

Hes lost the room and neess fired now.

1 minute ago, Sonny9TD said:

Injuries or not Gruden has to go. When Josh Norman feels like he can listen to music on his headphones instead of the coach that should tell you all you need to know about respect and discipline with this team not to mention we need 3 new linebackers who can run under a 5 second forty and a QB. Just saw Brett Rypien who is kin to you know it Mark Rypien who is the QB at Fresno State. Not bad. Better than what we have of course.

This week is an even better example. On a week when everyone has to pull together, do everything perfectly, and cross every t, if the team is whining about having to practice and are so dead during practice that the announcers see it. If the team has given up even during practices... That's on coach.

Sometimes, it's okay to get killed. It really is never okay in sports to give up before the starting whistle.

Archived