Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Cowboys II

KDawg

59 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

On the next Cowboys drive they go 90 yards in 2 plays, once again a defender falls down and shows terrible effort, doesn't even get enough contact on Cooper to allow Dj or Dix to come over and make a tackle.

One?

That's 3 guys whiffing here:

Moreau

Clinton-Dix

Swearinger.

Watch the play again, you'll see Swearinger and Dix stopping thinking play is over...

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

it's pour execution by Moreau.  Why are you going for the strip fumble when u are the first person there. 

McGee did the same thing when he hit Dak instead of wrapping him up on 3rd down.  Would have held them to a FG, instead they ended up scoring a TD.  Smith had a hold of Dak and McGee went for a weak kill shot instead of bear hugging him and waiting for a whistle.  

If we cannot get AP going we eventually have to try a different back - the OU is set at 2.5 games for now. Our goose is cooked if HE can't run it... so why not try someone else. No, not you Colt.  We may not win again without a 100 yard back type of day. 

I am sure Bibbs has been getting more first team reps than Coy and can help as a dual threat.  CT may come back but tick tock. Its becoming clear AP is playing hurt. Heck he had an arm or shoulder and came right back.  We know about the shoulder, the knee, and the ankle. I don't know if it has slowed him but in the end he just doesnt have to same the success of late and... pep in his step lets call it to my eyes.  Yeah we can blame the OL. But its easier to try different backs vs OL.

No hurry up means when we need urgency, it's like a foreign concept. I literally expect to never see it and was stunned we ran one play of hurry up before the 4th quarter, and not surprised to see us dragging our feet late.

I am sure Gruden is not alone, but never giving a backup a starters rep in all of the season seems to reek of fear of the backup doing MUCH better than the starter in practice.  I have no such concerns of McCoy. 

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

McGee did the same thing when he hit Dak instead of wrapping him up on 3rd down.  Would have held them to a FG, instead they ended up scoring a TD.  Smith had a hold of Dak and McGee went for a weak kill shot instead of bear hugging him and waiting for a whistle.  

Wrapping up & making a good, honest tackle seems to be lost on the entire NFL anymore. I've complained about our lack of ability to get it done for decades, but everyone wants the SportsCenter hit highlight...never mind that it could be the one that leaves someone in a coma...or worse. 🙁

2 guys in particular, who either need severe training or shouldn't be on this team next year.

Moreau and Dunbar, a.k.a.  Moron and Dumbell.

They were getting spun around more than a lady dancing at a ballroom, then tripping over themselves because they can't handle a player coming RIGHT at them.  Evidently they just cover typical routes in practice, they have no concept of positioning themselves much less tackling,

But if I'm going to lay blame its on Manusky, for not having these guys prepared. I'm not gonna even bother with Norman, we've seen this same song-n-dance with him the last month or so; he's running his mouth as he's getting beaten, and its happening way too often for someone making the money he does. Its inexcusable, and I hope he reads this, because HE'S A BUM!

Lots of good points in @KDawg's opening post and other posts throughout.

One of the most frustrating things for me over the years has been an absolutely pathetic/lack of hurry up offense.  There's never been a good no-huddle offense for a long, long time.  Yesterday was terrible.  I'm not saying that's why the Skins lost, certainly there are more reasons for them losing, but in terms of looking prepared, knowing the situation, having a plan, it was awful.  I am not sure why this is but I have to believe it comes back to coaching.

I like Jay, but this is an area where he always seems to come up way short.  

In terms of Colt...he is a gunslinger.  IMO, it's an interesting trade-off between him and Alex.  I don't think Alex puts together that quick strike drive that Colt did, but he also doesn't throw the picks that Colt did, either.  Pick your poison.  

I was also disappointed at how quickly they abandoned the run yesterday.  

7 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

2 guys in particular, who either need severe training or shouldn't be on this team next year.

Moreau and Dunbar, a.k.a.  Moron and Dumbell.

They were getting spun around more than a lady dancing at a ballroom, then tripping over themselves because they can't handle a player coming RIGHT at them.  Evidently they just cover typical routes in practice, they have no concept of positioning themselves much less tackling,

But if I'm going to lay blame its on Manusky, for not having these guys prepared. I'm not gonna even bother with Norman, we've seen this same song-n-dance with him the last month or so; he's running his mouth as he's getting beaten, and its happening way too often for someone making the money he does. Its inexcusable, and I hope he reads this, because HE'S A BUM!

How long left on Norman's contract?  Value for money he is not.

Haha CDix will eventually get benched for Montae Nicholson. 3 games, tops.

Moreau is no Kendall Fuller. Josh Norman may be good, but is likely to be a cap casualty at the end of the year.

Quinn will be the next Julian Edelman, and if he stays healthy, will lead the team in yardage in 2020. As others have mentioned, Doctson will be a decent #2.

McCoy is Rex Grossman, part deux. That is all.

We would have won at least one more game if dumbass Gruden hadn't kept throwing Chris Thompson into the middle of the field ling after.the Saints game was well out of reach. His injury was entirely predictable and preventable, and we are paying the price for his arrogance.

We will get swept by Philthy. So, we will finish either 9-7 or 8-8. Probably barely good enough to earn Allen and Gruden another year.

11 hours ago, Csup said:

It’s been like this for as long as I remember.  Probably easier to blame the refs than to accept the fact we root for a dysfunctional franchise.

Have you ever visited another NFL teams board?   They do the same thing.  Fans of most teams think refs are out to get them.  😂. It’s quite a conspiracy!

Monday night on the road against the Eagles.  Yikes.  The Eagles are not playing well but they are definitely more talented than the Skins.  I don’t think this will end well.

Im with you because we have 3 things against us, 1 Prime time game, 2 Defence has been exposed especially the secondary and 3, we still have Gruden in charge

I’m scared to reply. I feel like we are dangerously close to breaking rules & I’m not that kinda fella.

2 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Im with you because we have 3 things against us, 1 Prime time game, 2 Defence has been exposed especially the secondary and 3, we still have Gruden in charge

The officiating was grotesque, but we still had a shot even on a Thursday night on the road — a spot that has been death for nearly everyone.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:34 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

DJ - loved him saying the team doesn’t deserve respect because they never win big games.  Sad when his locker room interview was the best part of the entire day.

I love players like him, hopefully his enthusiasm will rub off on this team, starting from Jay on down.

Secondary lost that game for us, point blank.

McCoy played to his ability level. Costly picks inexcusable. Further, he was lucky not to lose a fumble and on 1st and goal at 1 almost gave it away when he should have thrown it into stands. Needs to learn by now to protect the ball.

There is no run game, period. No run blocking, no explosive back, no threat for play action.

Trey Quinn is every bit as effective as Crowder. Crowder can walk next year. Doctson needs to keep building off of these average games and step up to actually make plays Cooper made. Not so sure he can but that is what a 1st round pick WR does. What he's doing is what a 4th round pick does. So, for those saying he's starting to earn his keep need to pump the brakes. 

Our D line is still very good. Mason Foster is not

17 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

One?

That's 3 guys whiffing here:

Moreau

Clinton-Dix

Swearinger.

Watch the play again, you'll see Swearinger and Dix stopping thinking play is over...

The two TD passes to Cooper were Keystone Cops types of silliness which is why the Redskins continue to be a laughingstock to many football fans.  They save the worst version of themselves for national TV audiences.

In spite of the freebie TDs, the refs were atrocious and contributed greatly to a second straight loss.  The Redskins could just as easily be 8-3 right now. 

It's one thing to keep shooting yourself in the foot, but the team doesn't need the refs taking head shots as well.  The refs inflicted numerous head shots to the Redskins late in the game against Houston.  They directly cost the Redskins the win...period.

13 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

One of the most frustrating things for me over the years has been an absolutely pathetic/lack of hurry up offense.  There's never been a good no-huddle offense for a long, long time.  Yesterday was terrible.  I'm not saying that's why the Skins lost, certainly there are more reasons for them losing, but in terms of looking prepared, knowing the situation, having a plan, it was awful.  I am not sure why this is but I have to believe it comes back to coaching.

I like Jay, but this is an area where he always seems to come up way short.  

This all seems to play in to the fact that he is just so darn laid back. I like Jay. Seems like a good dude. Someone in the premature "Who should we hire?" thread mentioned how we could use someone with more fire and intensity. I like that too. Maybe we need a coach to come in and be a dick for once.

6 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

This all seems to play in to the fact that he is just so darn laid back. I like Jay. Seems like a good dude. Someone in the premature "Who should we hire?" thread mentioned how we could use someone with more fire and intensity. I like that too. Maybe we need a coach to come in and be a dick for once.

Jay isn't too laid back, trust me.  I can see why some would say that but I don't think he is.

How many times do i have to say this?  We suck on primetime because 90% of the time we are the inferior team.  

Also our defensive line is vastly improved but we need LBs who can actually play the run and pass like the cowboys have.  Mason Foster blows.  No wonder why the bucs cut him.  He's a black Reed Doughty. 

Last year our run defense started out fantastic but half way through the season it fell off a cliff and we finished at or near the bottom in almost every defensive category. 

We all blamed it on injuries but at the time I really felt that being out schemed was much more to blame than injuries. 

We're looking like the exact same thing is going to happen this year and we really can't blame injuries at all.

How many seasons do we have to have such a second half drop off before we can assume a large part of the problem is having our scheme figured out?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Jay isn't too laid back, trust me.  I can see why some would say that but I don't think he is.

I would say that publicly he is laid back.

And just because of that, most thinks that he is like this all the time. I have a hard time seeing him not get mad at players in close quarters.

People are assuming more than anything on the subject.

He seems like a cool guy, but I wouldn't want to be in that locker room at the half-time of that Saints Game.

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I would say that publicly he is laid back.

And just because of that, most thinks that he is like this all the time. I have a hard time seeing him not get mad at players in close quarters.

People are assuming more than anything on the subject.

He seems like a cool guy, but I wouldn't want to be in that locker room at the half-time of that Saints Game.

Nobody fears him, or even really respects him.

The most glaring example of that was when Djax titty twisted him.  I mean, could you ever see a playing dreaming that would be on with Bellichick, Reid, McVay, Payton? 

Would never happen. 

When the patriots make stupid mistakes 2 weeks in a row, unless your name is Brady, you’re expecting a pink slip in your locker at worst or a visit to the principals office at best....

Jay inspires none of that respect or discipline.  He defends players and is a nice guy, but he doesn’t command the room or instill confidence or respect.  Neither did Norv.

Similar types of guys. Similar results.  Except Norv is HOF quality OC, Jays pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nobody fears him, or even really respects him.

You are making an assumption that you can't really back up.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The most glaring example of that was when Djax titty twisted him.  I mean, could you ever see a playing dreaming that would be on with Bellichick, Reid, McVay, Payton?  

Would never happen. 

The fact that you don't hear about it or that it doesn't make twitter, doesn't mean it exists. And I don't think McVay's a tyrant in any way.

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

When the patriots make stupid mistakes 2 weeks in a row, unless your name is Brady, you’re expecting a pink slip in your locker at worst or a visit to the principals office at best....

That happens here too. Pete Robertson, Jehu Chesson. Norman benching... QB Carousel, and RG3... Forbath... List is long here again. You just discard it because it suits you fine...

17 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You are making an assumption that you can't really back up.

No, it’s tied to results. 

The fact that you don't hear about it or that it doesn't make twitter, doesn't mean it exists. And I don't think McVay's a tyrant in any way.

You dont have to be a Tyrant to instill respect and discipline. 

Players love Reid, McVay and Payton.  They would not disrespect them the same way.

That happens here too. Pete Robertson, Jehu Chesson. Norman benching... QB Carousel, and RG3... Forbath... List is long here again. You just discard it because it suits you fine...

Jay benching Norman was actually extremely refreshing.  The fact it was for like 3 plays and then over was a mistake.  Needed to last a half. 

Swearinger has come out for 2 years criticizing the way the team practices and prepares.

Its all loosey Goosey, and that starts with Jay being a soft leader.

Sorry, I know you feel like I’ be just got an agenda against Jay.  I really don’t. If they turn it around, win 4 of 5 to make the playoffs, I’ll eat my words. 

But I’m so confident he’s a fraud I opened up a bet that I would buy anybody a steak dinner if he won 10 games as a head coach before 2030. 

Only one person took me up on it.  And I’m going to win the bet regardless.

Archived