Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Cowboys II

KDawg

It's a little early, but I'm gonna be busy tomorrow so I wanted to get this started.

Thoughts:

-While I'm not down on McCoy, he did show where Smith's value was... AND where Smith's conservative play hurt us. The three turnovers, particularly the first and third interceptions were reckless throws that don't happen with Smith in the game. However, the TD pass to Davis and some of the tight window throws don't happen with Smith. Having more of a gunslinger is a mixed bag. But this game ultimately won't fall on Colt's shoulders in my opinion.

-The outcome of the game likely doesn't change because of it, but that missed helmet to helmet call was the most egregious no call I've ever seen. 

-Doctson has been playing much better as of late and I am much more comfortable with him in this offense moving forward.

-Fabian Moreau was abused. Over and over and over and over again. This is where the Smith trade looks really bad with Smith not playing, him counting as a ton of money against the cap in the next few years with possibly no playing time, and losing Kendall Fuller. Moreau isn't a bad player and he has made some plays this season, but today was not that day.

-Clock management. I said it in weeks passed and I'm saying it again right now: This team has no sense of urgency. When Gregory and Vander Esch were laying on the ground with the clock stopped the Skins should have had a play called and the Skins offense should have been on the LOS to snap the ball as soon as it was blown in. Same thing on the play where Reed got down to the 2 yard line or so and the Skins lollygagged up to the LOS. That's when you push the tempo. Move quick. Get the defense reeling. But this team has shown many, many times this season that they don't play with a sense of urgency when it really matters.

-Kapri Bibbs is the real deal. Thompson will likely be here next year despite his status as "constantly injured". But this team needs to have Guice, Peterson, Bibbs and Thompson on the roster. Use Bibbs and Thompson in multiple roles and get the ball in their hands. They are both weapons. Thompson's 6-8 games of production will need to count.

-Did I read Gruden's lips correctly at the end of the game when he was yelling to the refs? "This is ****ing fixed". If I did, holy ****. 

-The D had Dak sacked or tackled and he slipped away too many times to win the game today. 

-Season isn't over, but injuries are catching up to us at this point. Not an excuse, we had opportunities to win today, but moving forward in the next few seasons the Skins need to find a way to get out from under some of these contracts of players that are constantly hurt and replace them with players who actually get on the football field and contribute. 

-Trey Quinn is an adequate replacement slot receiver and given the cost of Crowder moving forward and his health I think Quinn may be our best option there unless something drastically changes.

EDIT: The news of Trent Williams leaving in an ambulance is, uhh, not good.

My summary of this game boils down to these 4 points.

1) Bad game for Moreau

2) Heck the whole secondary has been bad lately

3) Refs

4) The trade for Cooper won this game. Not only them getting him, but us not getting him, We needed Cooper more than they did. Why couldn't Jay's brother give him a discount on Cooper ?

Without a QB in the NFL you are toast.  We not only don’t have one but we don’t even have one we can attempt to develop.  The front office botched our QB position with epic flair.  Forget Cousins we even let Sudfield get snatched from our practice squad.  The last time we were this low was the season of Rex and Beck.   

Rinse & Repeat

1. Snyer is a loser

2. Allen can’t run a team

3. Gruden is an average-at-best coach

4. We have no QB

5. No elite talent

6. Our line can’t manhandle opponents

7. Linebackers are slow

8. Secondary can’t cover

9. Another medicore year

27 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think 10 days of prep and practice vs 2 days of walkthroughs will result in a much better performance from Colt next Monday.

Call me naive...

Nah, I will call you realistic.  Bad game for Colt but this is his first start, zero practice reps.  But the D lost the game today, you can't have this mental mistakes, we all saw how well we can play on D when we stopped the Dallas offense cold on several possessions only to have laughable issues on a couple of plays when they resulted in TDs.  One more thing.  if we don't file an official complain against the refs and basically threaten the league we will go public they will continue to abuse us.  The holding call on Moses, total BS.  The hold on Doctson (second INT) total BS non call.  The worse non call helmet to helmet hit on Reed just tells you these refs didn't want to call an even game.

58 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Without a QB in the NFL you are toast.  We not only don’t have one but we don’t even have one we can attempt to develop.  The front office botched our QB position with epic flair.  Forget Cousins we even let Sudfield get snatched from our practice squad.  The last time we were this low was the season of Rex and Beck.   

This is exactly right on the money and the main reason why we are at a virtually hopeless position. We have NOTHING at QB. Nothing on the roster, nothing coming down the road any time soon. This is the worst it's ever been at that position that I can remember. Sanchez and McCoy I'd say is arguably worse than Beck and Grossman. The people who have brought us to this place ... these people should not have jobs. 

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

It's a little early, but I'm gonna be busy tomorrow so I wanted to get this started.

Thoughts:

-While I'm not down on McCoy, he did show where Smith's value was... AND where Smith's conservative play hurt us. The three turnovers, particularly the first and third interceptions were reckless throws that don't happen with Smith in the game. However, the TD pass to Davis and some of the tight window throws don't happen with Smith. Having more of a gunslinger is a mixed bag. But this game ultimately won't fall on Colt's shoulders in my opinion.

-The outcome of the game likely doesn't change because of it, but that missed helmet to helmet call was the most egregious no call I've ever seen. 

-Doctson has been playing much better as of late and I am much more comfortable with him in this offense moving forward.

-Fabian Moreau was abused. Over and over and over and over again. This is where the Smith trade looks really bad with Smith not playing, him counting as a ton of money against the cap in the next few years with possibly no playing time, and losing Kendall Fuller. Moreau isn't a bad player and he has made some plays this season, but today was not that day.

-Clock management. I said it in weeks passed and I'm saying it again right now: This team has no sense of urgency. When Gregory and Vander Esch were laying on the ground with the clock stopped the Skins should have had a play called and the Skins offense should have been on the LOS to snap the ball as soon as it was blown in. Same thing on the play where Reed got down to the 2 yard line or so and the Skins lollygagged up to the LOS. That's when you push the tempo. Move quick. Get the defense reeling. But this team has shown many, many times this season that they don't play with a sense of urgency when it really matters.

-Kapri Bibbs is the real deal. Thompson will likely be here next year despite his status as "constantly injured". But this team needs to have Guice, Peterson, Bibbs and Thompson on the roster. Use Bibbs and Thompson in multiple roles and get the ball in their hands. They are both weapons. Thompson's 6-8 games of production will need to count.

-Did I read Gruden's lips correctly at the end of the game when he was yelling to the refs? "This is ****ing fixed". If I did, holy ****. 

-The D had Dak sacked or tackled and he slipped away too many times to win the game today. 

-Season isn't over, but injuries are catching up to us at this point. Not an excuse, we had opportunities to win today, but moving forward in the next few seasons the Skins need to find a way to get out from under some of these contracts of players that are constantly hurt and replace them with players who actually get on the football field and contribute. 

-Trey Quinn is an adequate replacement slot receiver and given the cost of Crowder moving forward and his health I think Quinn may be our best option there unless something drastically changes.

EDIT: The news of Trent Williams leaving in an ambulance is, uhh, not good.

Great post mate, I posted in the game thread straight away that I thought Gruden swore at the refs that the game was ******* fixed, and in my opinion it ******* was. We've not played great the last 2 weeks but if we would have had fair officiating we would have won at least one of them. 

HTTR 

I don't know, are gonna play moral victory " The Redskins are playing hard" ball that doesn't result in wins going forward that doesn't carry over to the next season football???

Peterson can't run the ball anymore, the holes aren't there.. The passing game looks better, Doctson actually looks like he sorta worth his draft status with Colt in there but you get the turnovers now with Colt being more aggressive. I like Trey Quinn. I feel we're an 8-8 team whose out of it before the final week of the season..Just more mediocrity.. 

Archived