Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Beginning - Embrace The Noodle

JSSkinz

59 minutes ago, max21 said:

WTF. Are some of you on pyschedelic drugs? The season is over, Colt McCoy is a backup quarterback in the NFL and their is reason for that. 

I think some are thinking that we have been winning games with poor play from Smith. If we get just a little bit better QB play we can win the division. I mean, smith threw 10 touchdowns through 9.5 games. His poor play may have cost us the game today. We put up 16 points on the worst defense in the NFL last week. Not to mention that the defense gave him 4 turnovers to work with. 

16 minutes ago, wysknz1 said:

I hate to say it but I'd go with Sanchez just for the experience. But wow, just wow.

I would agree. At this point it is to be a guy who has a high QB IQ and can learn right now. Although Sanchez is famous for the stupidest looking play of all time he is the smartest of those guys. 

6 minutes ago, allskinz said:

Bringing in Sanchez, TJ Yates, and EJ Manuel for tryouts.

I'll bet you a virtual reality beer they get Bradford. Unless he's with someone else.

I don't like it, but that would be 'so-Allen-ish'.

Some have mentioned the back-up QB coming into games and creating a spark but then fails later. That would be a direct reflection on Gruden if anything. Why so many people think he's a good HC is beyond me; A coordinator maybe, but HC, no. 

There are so many parts of this organization that are either out of touch or flat out bad at their jobs, and with the weapons this team had just a few years ago and to not make the playoffs reflects directly on that. If Gruden's playbook is so damned difficult to learn, why the hell hasn't he reduced it or simplified it to adapt to the strengths of the players?

Colt now has the job, and if he were smart he'd audible out of a lot of Gruden's playcalling if he wants to win.

36 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I would agree. At this point it is to be a guy who has a high QB IQ and can learn right now. Although Sanchez is famous for the stupidest looking play of all time he is the smartest of those guys. 

I have to agree, though, to be honest, that's still not saying much about Sanchez's NFL IQ. :) 

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

So why not Kaepernick?

Is It because we dont need the distractions?

I think it's because he isn't good along with the distractions his signing would undoubtedly bring.  Plus, since he is in the middle of a lawsuit against the NFL, I'm not sure how smart it would be for him or the league if the Redskins brought him in.

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

So why not Kaepernick?

Is It because we dont need the distractions?

Won’t happen. Even if you ignore the collusion case and not having been in the league for two years dan will never sign off on it. They are already struggling to fill the stadium up as is. There’s absolutely no way that Dan will bring in someone with the very real possibility that, rightly or wrongly, is gonna push even more fans away 

Cowboys fans are "concerned" lol...

"Dont sleep on a run with McCoy "

"Colt embarasses us everytime...Expect him to come in here and look like Mariota did two weeks ago"

"Not sure I like the sound of that,after the last time he played against Dallas. "

"Colt McCoy owns the Cowboys and ATT Stadium...Would much rather have Alex Smith"

"Colt is pretty good and beat us once, cost us home field in the playoffs."

"McCoy will be more of a threat though. They will run quick passes, 3-step drops, etc. and those QBs always give us problems."

"They better go in there and be ready to tear mccoy in half because he aint some jive turkey off the street"

"Colt Mccoy is more willing to move the ball downfield and that makes me nerrvous honestly."

"Mccoy will try his best to open that offense up and they still have peterson and the worst thing we can do is have them open the offensive passing game up with peterson following behind it"

"The way Smith was playing, McCoy is not a downgrade. McCoy will take more deep shots."

"100% agree. We lost to Colt last time we played him."

"I remember a time we were 6-1, riding high after beating the mighty Legion of Boom in their prime at their own stadium, and then making Eli Manning stare into the sun the next week, and then had an *easy* MNF game against Colt McCoy at home against the Deadskins... 7-1, right...?"

"Yeah, I still think we will beat the Skins either way but I understand your skepticism, it’s definitely not out of line."

"We better not come out flat on Thursday against the Skins. If we get beat by McCoy again....... ugh. "

"I actually would rather face Alex Smith."

"Redskins still nearly won that game. Definitely not a gimme even with Colt and their injuries, and Trent William's might play. "

"McCoy will actually try to open up the passing game because they are basically playing with house money now, which is why the Cowboys can't go in there thinking they got this. Their defense is still going to be a problem for this Cowboys offensive line."

35 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I'll bet you a virtual reality beer they get Bradford. Unless he's with someone else.

I don't like it, but that would be 'so-Allen-ish'.

Some have mentioned the back-up QB coming into games and creating a spark but then fails later. That would be a direct reflection on Gruden if anything. Why so many people think he's a good HC is beyond me; A coordinator maybe, but HC, no. 

There are so many parts of this organization that are either out of touch or flat out bad at their jobs, and with the weapons this team had just a few years ago and to not make the playoffs reflects directly on that. If Gruden's playbook is so damned difficult to learn, why the hell hasn't he reduced it or simplified it to adapt to the strengths of the players?

Colt now has the job, and if he were smart he'd audible out of a lot of Gruden's playcalling if he wants to win.

Bradford won’t happen either. Dude basically has no cartilage in his knee it’s basically bone on bone he can’t even practice 

I’d imagined colt finishes the season or until he is injured. Colt fits what gruden wants to do.

colt is limited but he’s more of a quick game see it-throw it vs Alex who seemed to be a see it-confirm it-throw it. If gruden and cavanaugh can make it easier for colt to make correct pre snap reads by matchups and motion etc, that could go a long way. Colt can click if his read pre snap ends up being his best read post snap. My biggest worry is defenses having guys dropping back like ends or a lb in situation you don’t expect them to bc colt won’t be expecting it and will throw the ball thinking his pre snap was correct. I feel like he can be baited into thinking a guy or a space will be open.

It is what it is, let’s game plan and make the best of it like we have with the o line. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Because Bruce Allen is Republican.

Yes, it's pathetic that football decisions are made based on that, but welcome to the Snyder era.

The LAST thing this team needs is discussion about Kaepernick.

I hope something similar happens with that discussion that happened with the 'other former QB .

Reminds me of Billy Kilmer replacing Sonny Jurgensen and we went to the Super Bowl the following year. Everyone ragged on Billy for his "Wounded Ducks" he would throw.... ?

https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-xpm-20020614-2002-06-14-0206140143-story.html

He was a "Just Win" kinda QB too...

So Colt..lets see your inner "Ol Whisky"

I see they are bringing in Sanchez Monday...I might like that too.

I know it's slim pickings, but no to Sanchez please.  I doubt he's wanting anything other than a nice paycheck. I'd rather them bring in a young guy who will be fighting to improve like Paxton Lynch. Sanchez is not going to salvage anything. If Colt can keep our heads above water, great. It's full-on evaluation mode if he gets hurt.

Archived