Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

If using argument of future hypothetical playoff losses as a negative, you’ve already lost the argument. In my humbled opinion.

Theres levels to this— The Skins aren’t yet a Super Bowl team, but a playoff season would be a step in right direction. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think Gruden already choose the two they’re going to take off IR (Marshall, Quinn). I wish Simms was one of those choices, but i dont think he is 

ugh, sucks. outside of AP, Guice and CT I get the strengths/roles of our RBs confused. Bibbs is CT's back-up so Marshall will pose as AP's im assuming. AP could use it because he's playing at not 100% strength. 

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That would be a gutsy decision that absolutely decide the staff's future. If the bench their 6-3 starter for a backup who hasn't started in 4 years, and they don't make the playoffs... I get the reasoning behind it, but hard to mess with something that really is working.

The problem is it's not working..Saints,Falcons have blown this team out because of Smith not being able to push the ball down the field.. 

I think it's perfectly fine to be a little stunned that this particular Redskins team is 6-3. They don't look like they should be, but there they are.

What I see that's consistent with the entire Gruden era is resiliency. For most of his time, the Skins have been able to bounce back from losses and hang in there. Plenty of bad football, but they stay in the mix.

It's also perfectly fine for giving the defense credit despite allowing almost 500 yards. None of those turnovers were bad bounces or flukes, but good plays by the Skins D. Turnovers are still the best predictors of success.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's some of the ugliest winning you'll ever see.  The first half of the game was unwatchable.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a cool QB to watch play.

Sure he's making mistakes, but guys loves to play football that's for sure.

How many time have you seen a QB throw a pass then pursuit for a block or something?

He's really fun to watch really.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's some of the ugliest winning you'll ever see.  The first half of the game was unwatchable.

Where do you think we’re clawing ourselves out of?

Pit of misery!

but those forced fumbles and interceptions were glorious 

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

The problem is it's not working..Saints,Falcons have blown this team out because of Smith not being able to push the ball down the field.. 

We're 6-3. That is the definition of working. There are 4 teams with more wins than us: The Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, and Saints. No matter what statistics you use, 6 wins is 6 wins. Going to someone who hasn't played in 4 years is desperation. At 6-3, we aren't in desperation. Personally, I'm not thrilled either way with Smith or McCoy, but for a coach to pull someone with a winning record is suicide.

46 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

anyone know how many yards AP had? commentators mentioned he runs for 100+ in the games we win.

I think he had 61 yards today.

Which would mean this is probably the first time the Redskins won this year when Peterson didn't rush for 90+ yards.

34 minutes ago, rabidskin said:

Mike, you have got to kidding!  ConnSkins said it all.  B Allen and Gruden need to be removed! This game was a gift as our pass defense is pathetic as well as Gruden's poor coaching....thank Callahan for the genius he is as he is the only coach with intelligence on our staff.  Smith is no Cousins, Norman is all mouth, Reed is below average if he can stay healthy...we have too many poor players that are a waste of roster space.  Losing McVay was so stupid...Snyder should have given McVay the HC duties and fired Gruden.  Allen should have never lost Cousins and paid him the 20 mil a year when he first had the chance...instead we lose Fuller for Alex Smith when we need DB help, so we lost two good players for an average QB and made our secondary weaker with Allen's blunders and paying blown up salaries to a big mouth that's all talk. Norman's interception was not from great coverage but a poor throw...more like "look what I found", as the receiver would have scored if the football was properly thrown.  Gruden will never see a championship ring much less a SB trophy.  Stop wasting time and fire them immediately!  If a miracle occurs and we make the playoffs (only because everyone else keeps losing), we will be slaughtered like the Saints game much less the Falcons beating....who by the way got their butts beat by Cleveland today....says a lot for our coaching and preparing the team. We will have to be lucky like todays game, to win any more.  Teams will shred our secondary and score at will. 

6 gifts this season, ill take them all no appoligies! 

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'll say it. This was easily Smith's best game as a Redskin

The Packers game stands out to me more, despite the INT to HHCD

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hats off to special teams..

To their STs for missing two FG. Again, game similar to last years at Seattle

1 hour ago, Yng Lady88 said:

anyone know how many yards AP had? commentators mentioned he runs for 100+ in the games we win.

Today AP got help from Kapri Bibbs with 28 yards to his 68 and Alex had 16 and Mo Harris with 4. I think what they wanted to say is when the Skins have over 100+ yards, but in the past games it has been AP with close to 100 yards per game all by himself. So basically if the Skins get over 100+ yards they win the game. 

Archived