Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

I'll take the win, enjoy the rare 6-3 record, a win is a win, it's all about the "W" and any other cliche you can throw out there for a team that wins ugly but when I watch the truly good teams in the NFL, we are still a long way off and I'm just speaking from a reality standpoint not a burgundy and gold rose colored glasses standpoint. Twenty six years of ineptitude will do that to  a Redskins fan.....HTTR 

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And Kirk wasnt 6-3 with this same crew...just saying.

And the Vikings with Kirk and with a supposedly better defense and with more talent around him on offense are 5-3-1.   Not sure what it means exactly but I have to assume it means we wouldn’t be better than 6-3 at this point with Mr you like that.  

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

never said I was glad he is gone. But what we wanted makes no difference. He didnt want to be here. So you move on. Right now that move on is Smith. He is our QB for the next 3 years at least. You can either hope he continues to win or be in misery because your guy left. It wont change the circumstances in the end.

Bro, I'm in misery because Smith is our QB for the next three years at least.  

34 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

While we are talking can anyone figure out what did that Zebra see on that holding call on Moses?  That was a travesty of a call and since now they suppose to be pros I think that dude needs to simply be fired.  It could have cost us the game.

I noticed they NEVER showed a replay of the hold on cooper that called back Bibbs huge screen play. Then later in the game spielman brought it up as a very iffy call but still with no replay. Two weeks in a row we’ve gotten absolutely hosed on multiple calls. There was a second hold on cooper too that they showed that I thought was complete garbage. 

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The defense has not played well the last two games. We were opportunistic today and created 3 vital turnovers - and the Bucs shot themselves in both feet. But overall the defense was not good.

I got ****ted on earlier because I pointed out we gave up a ton of yards and winning like we did today wasn't sustainable.  That todays game was more of the Bucs losing it than Smith and the Skins winning it.  

Giving up 499 yards is not good defense, I don't care how many points you give up.  

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And Kirk didn't have a defense that was playing this well...just saying.  

I almost think that the NFL should do away with the entire defensive side of the ball and just make games into some sort of NFL QB skill game because that's all anyone wants to give credit to.  Yes, let's ignore that Kirk played all last year with a crappy defense that couldn't generate turnovers because that doesn't play into the narrative that Kirk is a loser and we're glad he's gone.

Kirk single handedly lost that Giants game at the end of last season.  He was dreadful.  That was on him.  Let him move on, I don’t miss him.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bro, I'm in misery because Smith is our QB for the next three years at least.  

You and me both, there is no comparison between who we had and who we have, none. The only thing I see good in Smith is he doesn't turn it over much at all, but he can't throw a bomb worth a damn and that is hurting this offense.

They did what they had to do. Dont tell me that Norman int wasnt a great play. Dont tell me Anderson's forced fumble wasnt a great play. Dont tell me the Kerrigan forced fumble/recovery wasnt a great play

Yes, they had spots where the bucs missed opportunities, but the defense also stopped them multiple times with big plays when they needed to. The defense is weathering the storm for this team because the offense can barely contribute. Yes, alex smith hasnt played well, but let's get crowder and Thompson amd trent back in the next few weeks. If the wheels can stay on until then, maybe they have something here. The line played much better than I thought they would. They certainly werent the reason the offense wasnt good.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I got ****ted on earlier because I pointed out we gave up a ton of yards and winning like we did today wasn't sustainable.  That todays game was more of the Bucs losing it than Smith and the Skins winning it.  

Giving up 499 yards is not good defense, I don't care how many points you give up.  

What sickens me more is The Browns manhandled the Falcons today. Completely shut their offense down.

11 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

You and me both, there is no comparison between who we had and who we have, none. The only thing I see good in Smith is he doesn't turn it over much at all, but he can't throw a bomb worth a damn and that is hurting this offense.

why? because you saw him miss a bomb today?

That's whats hurting the offense...

I think its catching a break with injuries on the oline and majority of our playmakers

Granted Kirk was more comfortable firing a pass before he saw separation....I wish we still had kirk. 

We don't...**** him

Go Alex!

8 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Yeah, I am tired of bringing up what we had before, it doesn't do any good.  What we have now is just mediocre at best.  If this D comes across a high octane offense, we don't have a guy that can put the team on his back.  Hell, we don't have a guy that could crack 200 yards against the ****tiest pass defense in the league.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

What sickens me more is The Browns manhandled the Falcons today. Completely shut their offense down.

Browns are gonna be good.  Mayfield is figuring it out, their defense is pretty good.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I am tired of bringing up what we had before, it doesn't do any good.  What we have now is just mediocre at best.  If this D comes across a high octane offense, we don't have a guy that can put the team on his back.  Hell, we don't have a guy that could crack 200 yards against the ****tiest pass defense in the league.

You said it all Spaceman! We don't have a hope in hell if we get in a shoot out.

It was a big win but essentially the defense made 10-15 good plays vs a good 40-50 par or subpar ones. We don’t win these types of games against better teams. I thought Carolina was a legit contender and then we all saw what Pittsburgh did to them. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, we’re the best of the bad/mediocre teams but not legit contenders until we have a balance with offense and defense. We’re not the bucs, bears or ravens when they won.

2 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Seems Norman is a lil perturbed over the fan base.  I do not take this personal because I am old school and I stay on this bandwagon win, lose or draw.

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Article/Josh-Norman-calls-out-fans--124606446/?fbclid=IwAR2VDPUGo2f-vC8ZvRp5Wrf34si5sUaAXqcZ4r2iP1YoWQS0yrnXo3Uzhm4 

Hes not wrong and it ain’t his fault.

Blame the owner who’s consistently produced a **** product for 20+ years.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Hes not wrong and it ain’t his fault.

Blame the owner who’s consistently produced a **** product for 20+ years.

He said "they a bunch of keyboard warriors anyway" ... man, if he only trolled the ES!  We'd have him for dinner.  He asked if we even care... and we ask if they even care.  LOL

14 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Seems Norman is a lil perturbed over the fan base.  I do not take this personal because I am old school and I stay on this bandwagon win, lose or draw.

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Article/Josh-Norman-calls-out-fans--124606446/?fbclid=IwAR2VDPUGo2f-vC8ZvRp5Wrf34si5sUaAXqcZ4r2iP1YoWQS0yrnXo3Uzhm4 

Nothing Josh Norman Says should be taken with any significance. Good player and I really like him, but likes to talk and doesn't always make sense, as much as he would love to, just doesn't make sense. See: Cam Newton- similar phenomenom.

Anyhow, Defense deserves serious Kudos today for battling. Gonna be good for a while and needs to fill some holes at CB over next couple years. A. Smithis not a good fit for us, not enough talent around him. Maybe if we land a solid WR somehow, but we're in 1st and I'm thrilled with our front 7

17 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

I do notice that about giants and eagles, still rocking their stadium even when they suck...not so much dallas, definitely not us.

VA is the fanbase...bring it here

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It was around 4th turnover that it stopped being Tampa giving us the game versus us taking it, for me anyways.  500 yards is bad, way we held in redzone was a miracle after miracle to point i realized it wasn't a miracle anymore, the d can create turnovers.

Archived