Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

13 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Browns beat the Falcons and Titans smacked the Patriots. earlier in the season Bills stomped the Vikings. what a league.

Yep. The NFL want parity and they have it. The trade off is we know either the Saints or Rams are going to win the Super Bowl. My money is on the Saints.

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Don't get me wrong. I love this team. What I don't love is how bad the offense has been. I mean, we should have easily put up 30+ against this team. When you win the turnover battle at +4, don't commit any, and are facing the worst defense in the NFL, you'd think you should muster more than 1 TD and a few field goals. The D still gave up almost 500 yards. The Bucs just couldn't get out of their own way.

In year 5 of a regime, I'm not ok with squeaking out an ugly win against a bad team. We might have won today, but we don't stand a chance against the top tier teams.

Skins are averaging winning 2 games for every game they lose.  There's still a chance we make playoffs, win some ugly games and be in the Superbowl.  Once you make the playoffs all you gotta do is win the last game of the season.

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Thank you! This is what I'm trying to point out. This offense, under Alex Smith, is atrocious. It hasn't been this bad since Brunell was chucking ducks into the dirt circa 2006.

Alex does suck, BUT he had 1 healthy offensive lineman today. The rest are new or hurt.

AP is hurt, Thompson out, Crowder out, Richardson out. His WRs are Doctson who could easily be cut and Harris who is like practice squad/bench player.

Yes, Alex is awful in many regards but today was a tough one.

3 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

Also, in the 283 games since the year 2000 where a team finished the game with a +4 turnover differential, just TWO of those 283 teams did not score a touchdown. We came dangerously close to becoming the third - Doctson's TD catch was on a 3rd down.

But we scored, and won....HTTR!!!

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. The NFL want parity and they have it. The trade off is we know either the Saints or Rams are going to win the Super Bowl. My money is on the Saints.

I need it to be the anyone but the Rams because McVay leaving us and winning the SB in his first year would be brutal lol. but he's damn near an unstoppable offensive mind. and the offensive weapons + that d-line??

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Record aside, I think you would be in the severe minority of those polled on their satisfaction with out front office 

I didnt say I was satisfied now did I? I said they did ok - as in not horrible not good. 

And how can you put the record aside? Isnt that literally the only point? Come on bruh I'm not being crazy here. 

Whatever man I dont get it but its ur opinion 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I can only do basic math, but I believe we had the higher number of points in the 6 games we won. 

****s getting rediculios. I know we ain't going to the superbowl but we complaining about actually winning now. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

So who comes back next week? 

Hopefully Dunbar.

I'm bored of watching opposing QB go after Stroman and Johnson. Spielman nailed it easy after 3 plays that the Bucs gameplan was to attack them. Glad Stroman got that Int it's good confidence for the young guys.

Also have to give some props to our OL coaches Callahan and Rauscher, especially the lastest one for getting that line ready. I feared that we would have tons of false starts and stuff but we only got one from Moses if I'm right. So good job here. Pass protection was good, even great on that TD to Doctson. A few bad holding calls from Cooper, but overall a good job from our OL.

Just now, Llevron said:

****s getting rediculios. I know we ain't going to the superbowl but we complaining about actually winning now. 

As beat up as we are, I'll take every win I can get. **** 

Being miserable isn't exactly fun, you know? 

Archived