Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

2 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

Since the year 2000, there have been 283 games with a turnover margin of 4. In just 15 of those games did the offense score fewer than 16 points.

That's how bad our offense is.

Thank you! This is what I'm trying to point out. This offense, under Alex Smith, is atrocious. It hasn't been this bad since Brunell was chucking ducks into the dirt circa 2006.

This game was a circus of two medicore teams slap fighting each other. At least we got in the best slaps?

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

You do realise where most of those turnovers occurred...

Although our offense is clearly struggling along right now.

Sure, that's valid. But I doubt the 15 teams below us were playing against the worst defense in the league. Also, Tampa missed 2 FGs, which don't show up as turnovers but give our offense good field position.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Remember our Colts, Saints, and Falcons games.  Can you honestly tell me you think we have a chance of winning a playoff game?  Even if you lie to yourself and say yes, would you trade that for a FO change?

If the playoffs started today, we would host the Vikings.  So yeah...we could win a playoff game,

6 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

TB is epically terrible

Hope a stat-watcher can go back and see how many times a team gained 500 yards and scored only 3 points. 

Sheehan this week cited the Seattle game last year as a gutty road win for a banged up Skins team, and this was similar in that the TB kicker was horrible like Blair Walsh was for Seattle last season. Seattle did outgain us 437-244 last season, but they at least scored 14. Today's game was more bizarre.

Just now, ncr2h said:

Sure, that's valid. But I doubt the 15 teams below us were playing against the worst defense in the league. Also, Tampa missed 2 FGs, which don't show up as turnovers but give our offense good field position.

Cant argue that our offense is generally sucking right now. 

1 minute ago, c slag said:

Is this the first Redskins win where Peterson didn't go over 100 yards rushing?

Actually, a decent number of our wins had Peterson coming up just short 100. Some of us were wondering whether that was by design to stop bonuses from being given lol

Great win - why is it great? Because it's ****ing hard to win in the NFL. 

All the "well we should have.." is just whining. Yea, Alex and the offense were not great. But guess what, they were good enough to win. Am I happy about the way the offense played? Of course not. But we won!! 

I saw someone actually saying they are pissed we won!!  Are you kidding me? That is someone so afraid all the ****ing and belly aching might actually be wrong they would rather the team lose than just enjoy it!!  

6-3 and in first place no matter what happens tonight.   HTTR!!

4 minutes ago, mike42 said:

Well if we make the post season..then be probably don't need to get rid of GM/HC...

Bull.  The Titans won a playoff game last year and fired their coach.

This team isn't among the elite.  Jay took a bad team and made it mediocre and that's all he can do. He can be here 5 more years and you will get the same result, mediocre 7-9 wins.  If the team makes the playoffs, it will be a quick one and done.

This team needs to move on from Gruden/Allen etc...  even if we make the playoffs.  The only reason we might make the playoffs this year, the NFC EAST sucks this year.  

Even today, did we win the game or was it more that Tampa lost it?

After 5 years, time for something new.  

Also, in the 283 games since the year 2000 where a team finished the game with a +4 turnover differential, just TWO of those 283 teams did not score a touchdown. We came dangerously close to becoming the third - Doctson's TD catch was on a 3rd down.

Archived