Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

Sometimes I get annoyed with Smith not taking chances down field and his deep ball this year has been atrocious but at the same time the guy is in a new offense, with a makeshift line, throwing to a receiving corps playing musical chairs every week, and constantly in 2nd / 3rd and long situations due to penalties or the running game losing yardage over and over and over again, and lastly has a guy like Gruden doing the playcalling lol. It's a crap situation to be in and it's going to be difficult for the Redskins offense to find any chemistry and gel, something I was hoping would happen as the season went on.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

OMG. We need like a super like button or something!!! THIS THIS THIS!

I WAS watching the game where Smith had ZERO turnovers and damn nice play for a TD pass.While the other guy turned it over 3 times without a TD pass though?

Sure, Smith doesn't turn it over.  He also couldn't do anything against a cream puff defense.  A solid QB should have been able to throw for over 200 yards and two touchdowns against this team I feel that's not a lot to ask for.

Last 5 QBs against the Bucs:

Cam Newton was 19/25 247 yards, 2 TDs

Andy Dalton was 21/34 280 yards, 2 TDs

Baker Mayfield was 23/34 215 yards 2TDs

Matt Ryan was 31/41 355 yards 3TDs

Mitchell Trubisky was 19/26 354 yards 6TDs

I'm not conveniently leaving out interceptions, btw.  None of those performances included a pick.  I think the Bucs have only picked off one pass this year.  So for you to get excited about Smith not turning over against one of the crappiest pass defenses isn't saying much.  He shouldn't have thrown an interception today because NO ONE THROWS PICKS AGAINST THE BUCS.  

So yes, Alex Smith's team won the game but it felt like his play was a struggle the entire way, you can't convince me otherwise.  I am not going to debate the merits of a QB who doesn't turn the ball over, of course that's a good thing.  But I hope we can at least agree that he's not going to win a shootout for us.  I've also got zero confidence in him running a 2 minute drill.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure, Smith doesn't turn it over.  He also couldn't do anything against a cream puff defense.  A solid QB should have been able to throw for over 200 yards and two touchdowns against this team I feel that's not a lot to ask for.

Last 5 QBs against the Bucs:

Cam Newton was 19/25 247 yards, 2 TDs

Andy Dalton was 21/34 280 yards, 2 TDs

Baker Mayfield was 23/34 215 yards 2TDs

Matt Ryan was 31/41 355 yards 3TDs

Mitchell Trubisky was 19/26 354 yards 6TDs

I'm not conveniently leaving out interceptions, btw.  None of those performances included a pick.  I think the Bucs have only picked off one pass this year.  So for you to get excited about Smith not turning over against one of the crappiest pass defenses isn't saying much.  He shouldn't have thrown an interception today because NO ONE THROWS PICKS AGAINST THE BUCS.  

So yes, Alex Smith's team won the game but it felt like his play was a struggle the entire way, you can't convince me otherwise.  I am not going to debate the merits of a QB who doesn't turn the ball over, of course that's a good thing.  But I hope we can at least agree that he's not going to win a shootout for us.  I've also got zero confidence in him running a 2 minute drill.  

How many of those QBs are on a new team with new receivers? Are they suffering any injuries? Are they pulling in lineman off the street? Are they playing with journeyman wide receivers?

Just now, AJ* said:

How many of those QBs are on a new team with new receivers? Are they suffering any injuries? Are they pulling in lineman off the street? Are they playing with journeyman wide receivers?

It's largely the same crew that Kirk threw for 4k yards last year.  And I'm not trying to make this into a Kirk vs. Alex thing, I'm simply pointing out that a QB made do with a less than stellar cast last year.  

I don't buy it, I'm sorry.  I cannot stand the "he's learning a new system" routine.   It's Week 10 and we've already had our bye.  Gruden hyped him this offseason as being the smartest QB he's coached. 

Every team has injuries, no one is 100% at this time in the season.  

11 minutes ago, yank said:

They put up a graphic that said Fitz had beaten the Skins 5 out of the 6 times he played us.  

But carry on.

So you're saying that because an under-performing Alex Smith was 1 of only 2 Redskins QBs Fitzpatrick COULDN'T beat, that means Fitzpatrick is good? I think you're running your TD into the wrong endzone lol

Skins Win!!! Great Defensive effort. O did barely enough. It's not pretty and guess what, it doesn't have to be. Skins have won 6 of 9 games. People who are complaining and not enjoying every single win, well what can I say... misery loves company, I feel for y'all.  People cant have it both ways, "the skins are done, our season is over, bucs will put up 40 on us." "We have no chance" ' We're pathetic, all our coaches should be fired" Yapping negative every single step of the way and then come on here to try and celebrate a win.  Hell nah. Own your stance. or Change your view. It's beyond insufferable to be both.  We are 6-3 people, lets get behind this team and win this Division.  

7 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

While we are talking can anyone figure out what did that Zebra see on that holding call on Moses?  That was a travesty of a call and since now they suppose to be pros I think that dude needs to simply be fired.  It could have cost us the game.

Only thing I can think of is somebody else was holding and they messed up the call

1 minute ago, TheGreek1973 said:

While we are talking can anyone figure out what did that Zebra see on that holding call on Moses?  That was a travesty of a call and since now they suppose to be pros I think that dude needs to simply be fired.  It could have cost us the game.

I think the ref simply got the jersey number wrong. I think he meant to call the hold on #66 instead of #76 because honestly I saw dude holding on a handful of jersey for dear life lol.

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right, you don't hold that team to 3 points without the defense making some nice plays. The Bucs hurt themselves plenty, but our guys forced the issue and made plays. Anderson's play, Kerrigan/Smith's play, Norman's play. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right, you don't hold that team to 3 points without the defense making some nice plays. The Bucs hurt themselves plenty, but our guys forced the issue and made plays. Anderson's play, Kerrigan/Smith's play, Norman's play. 

Norman's play...do you mean the one that the ball was thrown to him as his receiver beat him to the corner or the play where it was 3rd and 9 and he held the receiver in the end zone with minutes left giving Tampa a 1st down on the 3 and new life.  The TB game was giftwrapped as prevent defense doesn't work for an entire game.  This was another "UGLY " win.  I watched ugly in the 60's until Gibbs finally turned this franchise into something respectable....sick of the ugly wins as you will never win a SB that way.  Settle for mediocrity and do without another championship. Face it, our pass defense is pathetic.  Redskins have been below average at best for way too long so forgive the "whining",  I just don't settle for saying a win is a win as you watch other teams bring home the trophy.  Accept nothing but the best and the results will follow, pat yourself on the back for poor play and you will never see the trophy. Truth hurts but someone needs to realize or it will never get better....watch how this season ends just like all the others, year after year and I wonder when it will finally sink in.  The Front office is the reason we are in this position and the coaching is lacking.  Ask yourself how does Philly and the Rams turn their program around in a year?  What year is Gruden and Allen on?  

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So you're saying that because an under-performing Alex Smith was 1 of only 2 Redskins QBs Fitzpatrick COULDN'T beat, that means Fitzpatrick is good? I think you're running your TD into the wrong endzone lol

Just replying to the post that Fitz was a total loser.  He's what 35 and beat us 5 out of the last 6?  Didn't at all say he was good just that if he's a loser it doesn't make the Skins look very good as he certainly has bragging rights over us.

I’m not optimistic, or pessimistic I am realistic...

The real is we won, I’m psyched about that it makes my week when we do and no matter how we did it, if my friends teams didn’t win I’m gonna rub it in their face. I enjoy every win....however if you think this team is anything other than average you are fooling yourself. 

Alex Smith is a more talented John Beck and that’s it...Andy Reid new he couldn’t run that high power KC offense, so he shipped him off gladly. He doesn’t suck but he doesn’t win games. 

The defensive line line is outstanding the secondary couldn’t cover an elite receiver with a field sized tarp. 

O line is on life support, recievers are garbage can’t get seperation...not that it matters cause if they do Alex won’t throw them the ball anyway. 

The mvp is Tress Way the FING PUNTER!!!! That says it all right there! 

I love being 6-3, I love being in first, and I love beating the cowboys and giants....but we are going no where when it counts and short of a Super Bowl we need a new GM, new HC, new QB, Oline help, better recievers, and more secondary help. 

Oh oh and one last thing Josh Norman, shut your piehole...I call them like I see them if you get owned on your home turf your going to get booed, when you win we all cheer, when you lose we don’t always boo, but when you play with no heart and quit we are gonna boo everytime. I pay good money to attend a game I’ll cheer however I want. The team has been bad for 25 years know your role and play football. 

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, I guess we can just look at this game as hoisting up everything that's wrong with Fitz.  I do believe he was leading the NFL in TD% this year coming into today.  

What you saw today was back down to earth Fitzpatrick.  It’s who he has been his whole career , just magically inconsistent.  One great game, followed by an atrocious game.  He usually loses both games though.

9 minutes ago, yank said:

Just replying to the post that Fitz was a total loser.  He's what 35 and beat us 5 out of the last 6?  Didn't at all say he was good just that if he's a loser it doesn't make the Skins look very good as he certainly has bragging rights over us.

50-74-1 career record.  He’s a loser and does not have bragging rights.  He just lost yet again.

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's largely the same crew that Kirk threw for 4k yards last year.  And I'm not trying to make this into a Kirk vs. Alex thing, I'm simply pointing out that a QB made do with a less than stellar cast last year.  

I don't buy it, I'm sorry.  I cannot stand the "he's learning a new system" routine.   It's Week 10 and we've already had our bye.  Gruden hyped him this offseason as being the smartest QB he's coached. 

Every team has injuries, no one is 100% at this time in the season.  

And Kirk wasnt 6-3 with this same crew...just saying.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

And Kirk didn't have a defense that was playing this well...just saying.  

I almost think that the NFL should do away with the entire defensive side of the ball and just make games into some sort of NFL QB skill game because that's all anyone wants to give credit to.  Yes, let's ignore that Kirk played all last year with a crappy defense that couldn't generate turnovers because that doesn't play into the narrative that Kirk is a loser and we're glad he's gone.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I almost think that the NFL should do away with the entire defensive side of the ball and just make games into some sort of NFL QB skill game because that's all anyone wants to give credit to.  Yes, let's ignore that Kirk played all last year with a crappy defense that couldn't generate turnovers because that doesn't play into the narrative that Kirk is a loser and we're glad he's gone.

The defense has not played well the last two games. We were opportunistic today and created 3 vital turnovers - and the Bucs shot themselves in both feet. But overall the defense was not good.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

never said I was glad he is gone. But what we wanted makes no difference. He didnt want to be here. So you move on. Right now that move on is Smith. He is our QB for the next 3 years at least. You can either hope he continues to win or be in misery because your guy left. It wont change the circumstances in the end.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

There’s no way to prove it, but I think with Kirk this year we would be either 4-5 or 3-6 right now and that’s with AP and with the D. 

I just think he would fumble or throw a pick in too many big moments. 

Kirk walked into a ready-made Super Bowl contender and for a long time they were a sub .500 team. 

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Football teams are comprised of offense and defense, and the defense plays a small part in how many points the other team puts up. Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

There’s no way to prove it, but I think with Kirk this year we would be either 4-5 or 3-6 right now and that’s with AP and with the D. 

I just think he would fumble or throw a pick in too many big moments. 

Kirk walked into a ready-made Super Bowl contender and for a long time they were a sub .500 team. 

They were sub 500 between weeks 4 and 5 I believe. 

Archived