Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Record aside, I think you would be in the severe minority of those polled on their satisfaction with out front office 

No, you would be. WTF wants their team to lose? Who while 6-3 and leading the Division wants so bad to be right about all their complaining that they actually want the team to lose??  Not many.

The team has done pretty well overall so far. The offense has been offensive. No doubt .But the D has played great and the STs, very much under the radar and underappreciated has been great also. 

People trashed Jay Gruden last year for the D and STs when they played poorly. When you do that, you also have to give him credit when they play great. And to help with all that - they played well despite him. That's hypocritical as hell. 

They will be a serious contender if they get the Offense going. The first half of this game was atrocious. The second half was almost OK. And with all the players out - yes much of it is self inflicted - but still, 3 of 5 Oline out and their 2 best receiving threats gone. 

If you patted Kirk on the back for last years Seattle game - and I did, overcame a bad game to put together two good drives, then you have to do the same for Alex today. It may not have been last minute, but he put together some very nice drives in the second half to both extend the lead and give the D some time to rest. Was it a good performance by him overall? No. But better. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I hope CT, Crowder and Quinn. And Marshall. Wouldn’t be surprised to see most of them back for next week

do we know when Cam Simms can come back? he went out the same week/game Quinn did but Quinn is ready to return. would really love Simms back too.

7 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

I need it to be the anyone but the Rams because McVay leaving us and winning the SB in his first year would be brutal lol. but he's damn near an unstoppable offensive mind. and the offensive weapons + that d-line??

I low-key root for the Rams when my Skins are out of the hunt.  I wished a few years ago that Jay was fired and McVay would be promoted to head coach.  McVay calls up Wade Phillips to coach our offense.

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

They aren’t buying into their own hype, that’s the media narrative, the truth is less interesting.  The defense is good but not dominant to the point where they shut every team down every single week.  Good teams can overcome that, but the Redskins have an awful offense that can’t help the defense when things go badly.  So a bad defensive day quickly turns into a blowout.

Yep.

The good news is there is really only 1 more team on the schedule that really has the ability to put up points, and that’s the Texans next weekend.

Unless the Eagles completely get it together.

Remaining games on the schedule:

Texans - Probably the best team left and on a 7 game win streak.  Watson is dynamic.

Dallas - crap offense

Philly  - at the moment, inconsistent offensively.

NYG - Eli

Jags - Bordles

Titans - don’t sleep on the Titans.  They seem to be getting better.  Just beat the Patriots and that’s not easy.

Philly - again, who knows.

Skins current formula SHOULD be good enough to beat Dallas, NYG and Jax. 

Texans are probably the best team left on the schedule.

So, if you win the games you should win, then split with the Eagles, you earn the right to get into the playoffs.  

Interestingly, it looks like the Vikings, Bears and Panthers are the front runners for the wild card spot.  One of Vikings/Bears probably wins the division, the other is a wild card team.

Packers at 3-4-1 need to go on a run and soon.

Eagles are at 4-4, so they could make a run also...

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

Skins are averaging winning 2 games for every game they lose.  There's still a chance we make playoffs, win some ugly games and be in the Superbowl.  Once you make the playoffs all you gotta do is win the last game of the season.

And who they are exactly beating to go to the Superbowl.

Saints and Rams are getting the byes and are the 2 Superbowl contenders.

The NFC North Winner- Either Chicago or Minnesota and The NFC East Winner - Washington or Philadelphia are the other 2 division winner.

The NFC Wild cards will be among Carolina and the non-division winner among the 4 teams I just listed and between Seattle and maybe Green Bay or Atlanta.

So, we would be facing Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, Seattle, Atlanta,Carolina or Philadelphia in a potential playoff matchup as the 3rd or 4th seed. 

I'm not sure we could beat any of those in the playoffs.  The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season.  If we somehow made it to the second round, New Orleans or Los Angeles would crush us.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

And who they are exactly beating to go to the Superbowl.

Saints and Rams are getting the byes and are the 2 Superbowl contenders.

The NFC North Winner- Either Chicago or Minnesota and The NFC East Winner - Washington or Philadelphia are the other 2 division winner.

The NFC Wild cards will be among Carolina and the non-division winner among the 4 teams I just listed and between Seattle and maybe Green Bay or Atlanta.

So, we would be facing Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, Seattle, Atlanta,Carolina or Philadelphia in a potential playoff matchup as the 3rd or 4th seed. 

I'm not sure we could beat any of those in the playoffs.  The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season.  If we somehow made it to the second round, New Orleans or Los Angeles would crush us.

We could beat Seattle, Carolina, and Green Bay.  Maybe even Chicago but someone tell me if I'm wrong on that one.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If you're cool with mediocrity, sure. This crew will never sniff a conference championship, nevermind a SB. 

Mike, you have got to kidding!  ConnSkins said it all.  B Allen and Gruden need to be removed! This game was a gift as our pass defense is pathetic as well as Gruden's poor coaching....thank Callahan for the genius he is as he is the only coach with intelligence on our staff.  Smith is no Cousins, Norman is all mouth, Reed is below average if he can stay healthy...we have too many poor players that are a waste of roster space.  Losing McVay was so stupid...Snyder should have given McVay the HC duties and fired Gruden.  Allen should have never lost Cousins and paid him the 20 mil a year when he first had the chance...instead we lose Fuller for Alex Smith when we need DB help, so we lost two good players for an average QB and made our secondary weaker with Allen's blunders and paying blown up salaries to a big mouth that's all talk. Norman's interception was not from great coverage but a poor throw...more like "look what I found", as the receiver would have scored if the football was properly thrown.  Gruden will never see a championship ring much less a SB trophy.  Stop wasting time and fire them immediately!  If a miracle occurs and we make the playoffs (only because everyone else keeps losing), we will be slaughtered like the Saints game much less the Falcons beating....who by the way got their butts beat by Cleveland today....says a lot for our coaching and preparing the team. We will have to be lucky like todays game, to win any more.  Teams will shred our secondary and score at will. 

12 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

do we know when Cam Simms can come back? he went out the same week/game Quinn did but Quinn is ready to return. would really love Simms back too.

I think Gruden already choose the two they’re going to take off IR (Marshall, Quinn). I wish Simms was one of those choices, but i dont think he is 

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

kudos to the defense who got after Fitz all day. 

He threw for 400 yards, and the Bucs basically got into the RZ 6 times.  You can credit some good plays, like Norman's INT early and Anderson's punchout late, but all in all, a bizarre win in which neither unit played exceptionally well

5 minutes ago, rabidskin said:

Mike, you have got to kidding!  ConnSkins said it all.  B Allen and Gruden need to be removed! This game was a gift as our pass defense is pathetic as well as Gruden's poor coaching....thank Callahan for the genius he is as he is the only coach with intelligence on our staff.  Smith is no Cousins, Norman is all mouth, Reed is below average if he can stay healthy...we have too many poor players that are a waste of roster space.  Losing McVay was so stupid...Snyder should have given McVay the HC duties and fired Gruden.  Allen should have never lost Cousins and paid him the 20 mil a year when he first had the chance...instead we lose Fuller for Alex Smith when we need DB help, so we lost two good players for an average QB and made our secondary weaker with Allen's blunders and paying blown up salaries to a big mouth that's all talk. Norman's interception was not from great coverage but a poor throw...more like "look what I found", as the receiver would have scored if the football was properly thrown.  Gruden will never see a championship ring much less a SB trophy.  Stop wasting time and fire them immediately!  If a miracle occurs and we make the playoffs (only because everyone else keeps losing), we will be slaughtered like the Saints game much less the Falcons beating....who by the way got their butts beat by Cleveland today....says a lot for our coaching and preparing the team. We will have to be lucky like todays game, to win any more.  Teams will shred our secondary and score at will. 

So despite winning...being 6-3, 1st place.......you'd still fire HC and GM right now. Wow man....just wow.

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Jp finlay just said Alex is missing too many plays..they have to make a change if they want to advance  in the playoffs..

Let’s make the playoffs then if you want to put colt in, get down there and make the call

really just run on the field, alpha up to jay and take his headset/clipboard. That’s how it should work

10 minutes ago, rabidskin said:

6-3 never happens here. Find a little joy in it. 

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Jp finlay just said Alex is missing too many plays..they have to make a change if they want to advance  in the playoffs..

That would be a gutsy decision that absolutely decide the staff's future. If the bench their 6-3 starter for a backup who hasn't started in 4 years, and they don't make the playoffs... I get the reasoning behind it, but hard to mess with something that really is working.

Archived