Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Meltdown in the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, the 1st place team or the last place team?

• Washington Redskins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie between worst and first.

Welp, Im now predicting this will be 31-14.  The Giants have a bad offense, and they just traded 2 of their better defensive players.  Trap game, Smap game, Clap game, dont care, if we cant beat a team reeling like this Gruden should be immediately fired after the game.

46 minutes ago, illone said:

This game should worry me, but it doesn't.  

Skins should push them around.  Don't let Atlanta game fool ya, they don't have a good dline.  Eli gonna be running for his life.

Brings up a good point. We usually have difficulty with mobile QB's, even when our defense is good, like this one...

But Eli is one of the least mobile QB's in the league, I believe.

He should get wrapped up quite often.

Oh, ****!

I see many of you talking about how the Giants are in 'fire sale' mode, and how that's going to benefit the Redskins

I'm not liking this one damn bit; you know why? Look at this from all angles and you'll see how this can be a big negative against the Redskins.

1. Whoever is filling in for the players that were traded away could very well be unknowns to the coaching staff, therefore there may not be any info on the player; whether he's good at pass rushing, a dirty player, etc etc, so game planning against them might be difficult.

2. The Giants are rivals, and we all know how rival games can be viewed as a win but the game turns out totally different.

3. Eli & co. have much better WRs than the Redskins, and their RB is no slouch, and all it would take is for them to get on a roll and the Redskins could be down 14 or more.

4. The coaching staff may play some different players, so there might not be any game film on them; they could be evaluating players, and a player looking to make a team will play his ass off.

5. The Giants could take the Rex Grossman approach; **** it and go deep. They may very well say the hec with trying to manage the game, and just go into an aerial assault. They have nothing to lose, they're not making the playoffs, so who better to go crazy on than the 1st place team in their division.

As I said, on paper it doesn't even look to be a somewhat close game, but that's why they play the game. I would not be surprised to see them going all-out to win the game, and you shouldn't either.

I can not grasp how folks that are really optimistic about this team “don’t feel good” about this game.  I understand the history.  But this is the absolute worst Giants team we’ve seen in a long time.  What more of a gift could the Giants give to the Redskins, who can only win by running the football, than to trade Snacks this week?

If the Skins find some way to lose to this team, they are absolutely not who you think they are.

I’m much less optimistic than most of you, and can’t find a reason the Skins should lose to this team.

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Oh, ****!

I see many of you talking about how the Giants are in 'fire sale' mode, and how that's going to benefit the Redskins

5. The Giants could take the Rex Grossman approach; **** it and go deep. They may very well say the hec with trying to manage the game, and just go into an aerial assault. They have nothing to lose, they're not making the playoffs, so who better to go crazy on than the 1st place team in their division.

And probably quite a few 4th down attempts.

They're always going to be in 4-down territory pretty much.

They have little to lose.

You're right - a bad team is actually a very dangerous team in many ways.

Almost like in wartime, the scariest enemies are the kamikaze guys who aren't at all afraid to die.

Redskins 24

Giants 13

Until I see otherwise, I don't thin our offense will put up a lot of points. I figure will go up 17-0 in the first half. Lay an egg in the 3rd quarter as usual. The Giants make it 17-13 Skins. We'll get a TD in the fourth quarter and win 24-13. With Snacks being traded to Detroit, I see AP having a big day even if they load the box. The Bama boys have been solid all season and Kerrigan seems to be coming to life. I think Eli is going to get hit a lot.

I’d like to look at this from your perspective and say that you can’t trust the Skins in games like this because they’ve followed up so many good hard fought victories with stumbling bumbling bad losses.  However, I must say this.  How in the hell does Pat Shurmur have a head coaching job?  If the Redskins don’t sack Eli at least 5 times and deflect at least one floundering pass into the air for an interception I’d actually be rather surprised.  I’m gonna go ahead and say...

Redskins 19 Giants 17 

Skins sack Eli in the back corner of his own end zone to win it.  Or at least Matt Ioannidis will fling a blocking RB 5 yards into Eli knocking him clear to the back of the end zone FO DA WIN ?

9 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

I shouldnt be, but i'm nervous.  I'll be even more nervous if we find out Lauletta is starting, because in the past we've found a way to hand games like this over.  

I think he plays the 2nd half and Eli begins retirement. My opinion. 

The fact that we're only one point favorites ought to be a good indicator as to why the less optimistic among us are worried about this game.

Under no circumstance of any kind should a division leading 4 and 2 team be one point favorites to a 1 and 6 team having a fire sale on defense. 

Vegas knows the history of the Redskins as much as we do.

Archived