Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Meltdown in the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, the 1st place team or the last place team?

• Washington Redskins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie between worst and first.

I'm concerned about the trap game potential as well.  Skins win a snoozefest 14 - 10.  Eli makes many dumb faces throughout. Norman and Beckham continue to go at it and odb loses his cool.  Barkley has 8 catches but under 50 yards rushing. Payne gets a sack.  Moses and Reed look like they are injured Everytime the camera is on them.   We don't score any second half points.  Nicholson gets a pick.  The skins and our defense finally start getting some respect from the pundits. Skins fan realize Derwin James was not having the same type of impact on this defense that Payne has.  The camera pans to Allen getting Danny refills in the owners box.  

14 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Giants OLine and Red Zone woes continue.  Smith-to-Doctson reaches lukewarm status.

Redskins 24

Giants 19

19 is a really hard score to attain.

a TD and 4 figgies.  2 TDs, a fighie and a safety, 2 safeties, 5 figgies, 3 TDS, 2 missed extra points...

None of these are really normal...

Still don't know enough about these fellas yet, to know how they'll react in a gimme  (gimme a ****ing break, that is) game. This movie has spawned sequels, threequels, origin stories, reboots.... Goddamn decades spanning slasher franchise. I ain't ready yet.

Giants 27

Skins 20

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

19 is a really hard score to attain.

a TD and 4 figgies.  2 TDs, a fighie and a safety, 2 safeties, 5 figgies, 3 TDS, 2 missed extra points...

None of these are really normal...

Shurmur goes for 2 when he really shouldn’t.

Because of the way the Redskins loath success, I was this close to picking the Giants.  That was before I saw their OL against the Falcons.  After watching that unmitigated mess, I cannot in good conscience pick them to beat the Redskins.

I am sure the Redskins will do their part to make our lives miserable as we watch them try to give the Giants the game.  But I will give them the benefit of the doubt.  The biggest advantage for the Redskins is their DL against the Giants OL.  The Redskins should win on this huge advantage alone.

I think the game will be low-scoring.  As long as the Redskins can avoid giving the Giants a cheap TD or two, they should win.

Redskins 20

Giants 17

I think @JoeJacobyHOForRIOT is 100% correct.  Eli is always a pain in our ass.  And it never matters what kind of season his team is having.  He tees off on our secondary. He comes alive and looks like a pro bowlder.   And who is comfortable at this point with Stroman back there or Alex Smith passing the ball.  

If the Giants take away the run I predict the following score.   

24 Eli

13 Skins 

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

@JoeJacobyHOForRIOT

If the Giants take away the run 

Maybe ya should have held out five more minutes for ur prediction haha

I'll give sheli 10 points.. after his Super Bowl runs in 07 and 11 we have dominated him.. with our defenses before this one.. now imagine what this defense is going to do to him.. however...I to also believe this to be a trap game..#stayhumble

The Giants trading snacks sends a message they are in fire sale mode and have given up on the season.  Hopefully there is a gray cloud over their practice facility this week and it hurts their preparation. 

At the same time, I hope gruden & co don't allow this to have them look ahead to Atlanta.  Especially with so many players banged up, I think it would be a mistake to rest them up another week thinking we've got this one in the bag, especially considering how flat grudens teams have looked in big games in the past.  I hope they have a sense of urgency to handle an obviously inferior divisional opponent.  

The trades are one thing, but the cumulative impact on morale may be another. Do the Giants players feel they are shedding malcontents or do they feel like they are in a fire-sale on the way to tanking (again)? I wouldn't put it past the Redskins to come up flat against a Giants' team and get stomped... they seem to do that, but New York seems like it's throwing in the towel awfully early.

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The trades are one thing, but the cumulative impact on morale may be another. Do the Giants players feel they are shedding malcontents or do they feel like they are in a fire-sale on the way to tanking (again)? I wouldn't put it past the Redskins to come up flat against a Giants' team and get stomped... they seem to do that, but New York seems like it's throwing in the towel awfully early.

I shouldnt be, but i'm nervous.  I'll be even more nervous if we find out Lauletta is starting, because in the past we've found a way to hand games like this over.  

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Wow, Snacks now too.  How long til OBJ cries for a trade, on some “I didn’t sign with this in mind”.

I bet our OL and Peterson loved reading that.  AP hits the 150 mark Sunday, bank it.

AP on FanDuel looks like a homerun this Sunday

I couldn't be happier that we won the last two, but this game terrifies me. How many times in recent memory have we been the favorite and playing a Giants team that has nothing going for it only to be terribly disappointed. The difference this year is that we have a legitimate top-10 defense and a very good run game; this isn't wholly dependent on the QB play.

24-18 GOOD GUYS

Archived