Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Meltdown in the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, the 1st place team or the last place team?

• Washington Redskins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie between worst and first.

like Keim but I think Snacks has a point here.  I re-watched the last Redskins-Giants game on coaches tape in the off season and the Redskins almost went completely outside zone with their runs to avoid him.  Snacks is a beast.

Doug Farrar liked

Damon Harrison Sr. Retweeted John Keim

??? how many 3rd down runs? Or how many of them came directly at me or anywhere near me? Think with your brain John...cool numbers though bro.

Damon Harrison Sr. added,

John KeimVerified account @john_keim
According to @ESPNStatsInfo the Giants allowed 5.19 yards per carry on 117 run plays when Damon Harrison was on the field. Allowed 2.75 on 69 runs without Harrison on the field... (Last year: 3.89 when he was on the field.). Why? Dunno. Point is: Don't assume this cripples NY

Thats mostly because these are passing downs.  Nothing to see here.  They traded their defensive captain. 

On 10/25/2018 at 10:04 AM, TheGreek1973 said:

Find it very hard for me to believe the Giants can score 21 points on us by halftime.

Should have explained it better...... 

REDSKINS score 28 in first half and the Giants get 21 over the entire game. Thus 38-21. Nevermind. 

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

IMO, not really.

The backup to Snacks Harrison, is Popcorn Jenkins, so he's not really much of a dropoff.

Harrison's a run stopper and was a defensive capt.  for what the Skins do, its a significant reduction to the rotation that will replace him, including Jenkins. They'll be a drop off in the A gap. I wouldn't expect a lot of pressure from their NT position. 

At some point the Giants are going to start getting it together. Probably not in a consistent way but they are going to start winning a game here and there and maybe even hit a stride at the end of the season. The cynical Skins fan in me says that we are ripe for a punking by a bad divisional rival. We have not shown the ability to handle prosperity under Jay and I'm not even sure we're as good as our record right now. 

I would honestly just flat-out pick NY if it weren't for all the players they have been shipping out lately. I mean they're tanking, right? 

...Right?  

Redskins 18 Giants 16 ?

The giants are going to prove what I already knew. We are a mediocre team with a couple of lucky wins. The defense is good not great and the offense is atrocious. A mirror image of last year. Bruce Allen and Jay Grudens finest work. Thanks Dan. We’ll be 4-4 before you know it.

11 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

The giants are going to prove what I already knew. We are a mediocre team with a couple of lucky wins. The defense is good not great and the offense is atrocious. A mirror image of last year. Bruce Allen and Jay Grudens finest work. Thanks Dan. We’ll be 4-4 before you know it.

A win is wonderful no matter how it comes.

2 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Who and the **** are letting these ****ing closet eagles fans out?

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Who and the **** are letting these ****ing closet eagles fans out?

Way to contribute to the topic. I’ve been here a long time, but I haven’t been accused of such a heinous crime since 2005. If you’re referring to my name, it’s in tribute to Charlie Parker, AKA, Yardbird. If you’re referring to my post, get over it. I’ve seen nothing this year that makes me think we’ll change our fortune against the giants to whom we always lose.

I'd admit, this one makes me nervous. The Giants are a complete dumpster fire this season, but every trip the Redskins make to the Meadowlands is ugly no matter who wins.

My prediction: The Redskins' run defense is good enough this season, and everything else about the Giants except Saquon Barkley is trash right now. Even Alex Checkdown can't ruin this one.

Redskins - 17

Giants - 13

3 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I’ve seen nothing this year that makes me think we’ll change our fortune against the giants to whom we always lose.

I wouldnt say we ALWAYS lose to them ?? we did beat them on thanksgiving last year and the first matchup in week 3 of 2016 :) And we won the 2nd matchup in 2015. That’s 3 wins in the past 3 years :D 

Good article about how the Alabama guys and how they tap into Saban to deal with finding a winning culture.  I like that article in one sense that the Alabama guys are bringing a winning attitude -- but to me it comes off some like an implicit shot at Jay the way it was written (I like Jay for the record) that they have to tap into their legendary college coach for the winning culture or could be the writer was just hamming up the point to heighten the importance of the article.

Speaking of culture, this is a big one for Jay IMO.  This would be to me the ultimate monkey off his back type of win -- win a game after 2 previous wins, beating a team they should beat, and grabbing hold of the NFL East.   High stakes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/26/alabama-players-have-brought-toughness-nick-saban-isms-redskins/?utm_term=.ac53cc418b3d

This change was apparent the day after a sluggish preseason loss to the Denver Broncos, when the defense stormed onto the practice field the next day demanding to fix mistakes from a game that didn’t even count. It was obvious after several players said they were angered by the lazy way with which they had prepared for a home loss to the Indianapolis Colts. And it was clear in the minutes after a humiliating 43-19 defeat in New Orleans, when defensive end Jonathan Allen, perhaps the team’s most influential former Alabama star, said he couldn’t wait to watch the game tape to see what had gone wrong.

“We definitely needed a culture change here,” Allen says now, two weeks after that loss.

“You have to get used to learning how to win,” he says. “I feel we are starting to do that. You’re seeing it in us winning games that we might not have won.”

Pressed about how a team learns to win, Allen replies: “It’s just consistency and expectation. It’s the process.”

And that comes from Alabama?

“Yes, 100 percent!” Allen says. “That’s where I learned it from.”

When asked this week about how he teaches players to handle bad situations, Saban said, “If you can’t overcome adversity and move on to the next play and learn from the mistake that you made, I think you are going to have a difficult time not only getting better, but you’re going to have a difficult time psychologically maintaining the intensity you need to be a great player."

Among many things, Saban is a man of one-line life lessons. He has dozens of sayings that he repeats in meetings and practices and pregame speeches, uttering them so many times that they rattle in his players’ heads until they become a guide for nearly everything they do.

High achievers don’t like mediocre people and mediocre people don’t like high achievers, so you have to choose one and be one.

History has shown that this the Vagiants get right game.  They always do well against the Skins no matter what the records are.  Skins better show up because no one is going to lay down for them.  The offense needs to move the football beyond the first drive..  Defense need to show up too because Barkley, Beckham, and Shephard have playing out of their minds.  A loss wouldn't surprise me, but they can win if they execute effectively.

Very good write up about Allen..thanks sip!!!

6 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Way to contribute to the topic. I’ve been here a long time, but I haven’t been accused of such a heinous crime since 2005. If you’re referring to my name, it’s in tribute to Charlie Parker, AKA, Yardbird. If you’re referring to my post, get over it. I’ve seen nothing this year that makes me think we’ll change our fortune against the giants to whom we always lose.

My apologies..I had no right saying what I said..I've seen you around for a while now and you are entitled to your opinion and I understand your point about the game.

12 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

I can not figure myself out on this game....  one minute I feel no confidence, no faith.. then I find myself envisioning us hanging 31 on them... i'm so conflicted. 

Thats what rooting for this team has done to us. I figure if I think we will lose week in and week out I will be either right or relieved HTTR

7 hours ago, profusion said:

I'd admit, this one makes me nervous. The Giants are a complete dumpster fire this season, but every trip the Redskins make to the Meadowlands is ugly no matter who wins.

My prediction: The Redskins' run defense is good enough this season, and everything else about the Giants except Saquon Barkley is trash right now. Even Alex Checkdown can't ruin this one.

Redskins - 17

Giants - 13

Everything?? Didnt Eli put up almost 400 yrds passing with his 2 top WR having about 300 of those yrds?

1 hour ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Everything?? Didnt Eli put up almost 400 yrds passing with his 2 top WR having about 300 of those yrds?

Yeah,but against one of the leagues WORST passing defenses tho..Keep that in mind when throwing out stats!

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Very good write up about Allen..thanks sip!!!

My apologies..I had no right saying what I said..I've seen you around for a while now and you are entitled to your opinion and I understand your point about the game.

lol, there is one aggression that will not stand, and that’s being accused of being an iggle fan

6fc.gif

Edit, it’s kinda sad that a young player has to teach our professional organization that winning matters and how to do it. If only douchebag dan understood that.

Archived