Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Doctson even care?

petey hodge

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Could this stat be a function of the QB? I wonder if throwing the ball a tick later in routes reduces the amount of extra yards a receiver can get? 

I'm not able to watch the games, but I would assume that a receiver who catches a lot of contested balls would look bad in this stat. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Late passes will almost certainly impact separation. They can also lead a receiver another step or two toward a sideline so that there's no realistic way to turn upfield after the catch. 

Now, I have no clue if this is impacting the numbers at all. I'd be curious what that stat is traditionally for each player prior to Smith...

Last year - Doctson was 2.2 Separation yards as well, with .2 YAC +/-, while Richardson was 2.4 with 0.  Reed/Harris weren't included in the 2017 stats.

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

These past few weeks I've been thinking that Mo drops like that because he doesn't want to get another concussion.

Yep. I thought the same thing, only for all the WRs for much of the year. We were paper thin there from week 1, and he was not the only one going down / avoiding contact.  I saw PRich do it as well, and possibly others. I think it was a directive from coaches to do that, to stop the bleeding. Injuries at WR from week 0-11. Harris Sims Quinn Crowder PRich... even Josh and his heel.

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe he should care enough to flop on those critical PI's and scream at the officials

Uh, what?  He did complain to the officials.  In this sequence of events, you may not have seen it on camera, but I'm pretty sure that @TK mentioned it since he's down on the field.

It was insanely blatant, both the non-call and Josh's reaction.

I'm definitely warming up to the guy and not questioning his passion.

Last season against KC, he dropped that ball in the endzone that would've won the game.  On replay, you see the MASSIVE facemask not being called.  Sunday had echoes of that.

11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Uh, what?  He did complain to the officials.  In this sequence of events, you may not have seen it on camera, but I'm pretty sure that @TK mentioned it since he's down on the field.

Nope. I wasn't at that game.

5 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

It was insanely blatant, both the non-call and Josh's reaction.

I'm definitely warming up to the guy and not questioning his passion.

Last season against KC, he dropped that ball in the endzone that would've won the game.  On replay, you see the MASSIVE facemask not being called.  Sunday had echoes of that.

It was a sarcastic post.

I just do a poor job of conveying there is sarcasm involved.

15 hours ago, TK said:

Nope. I wasn't at that game.

When are you going to figure out that I just make **** up on the fly?  That's the only way I've gotten anywhere in life.

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It was a sarcastic post.

I just do a poor job of conveying there is sarcasm involved.

I feel you man.  Sarcasm is really hard to convey in text.

Which has led to many arguments with my wife.

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

In 2.5 years I don't think I've ever seen Doctson actually get open. Not once.

There was the long range busted coverage score I believe.

Hes showed up well in recent game. Don't think he's an outright bust. Maybe a very solid #2 in the making.

6 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Well you have a QB whose actually throwing the ball his way for a change.. All of sudden Doctson looks like someone you wanna keep around.. Good god how come Smith couldn't find him this much?? Doctson's seen more action in 5 quarters with Colt than 10 games with Alex..

Docton's strength is contested catches Smith won't risk those type of throws. They don't complement each others style of play so they shouldn't be on the same team.

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

In 2.5 years I don't think I've ever seen Doctson actually get open. Not once.

His very first catch he was open by 5 yds. Ball was under thrown but he still made a big gain. He gets open plenty.  Kirk and Alex either didn’t see him, threw somewhere else or missed him.  Having said that he strength is contested balls.  

Btw: how many people saw the great defensive play he made to save an int.  

He also drew what should’ve been two major pass interference calls the last two weeks. Those missed calls would have had a big  impact on both games,had they been called. He is showing improvement for sure, he may turn out to be worth that #1 pick yet.

Archived