Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Doctson even care?

petey hodge

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I certainly saw flashes last year. Long catch against Seattle, TD against the raiders, TD Against the broncos, his game against the saints. 

I think all our WRs had a tough start to this season, and i can’t blame em after having seen what they have to deal with at QB. Although Doctson has been quietly having some good games these last 3 weeks i think. 

Yeah last year no doubt he showed flashes, but this season ? Sorry making a 12 yard catch on a out route doesn't impress me, he's just doing what he is suppose to do. I do wonder how much of this is on Alex Smith though, no doubt he was better with KC but so were all our receivers /sigh

On 11/6/2018 at 8:54 AM, superozman said:

Wow, lol.  Do you even know the argument you are trying to make?  because I don't.

HDF56:   "Everyone was so shocked we drafted him in our first round because no other NFL team knew who he was."

Superoz:  Provides 2 sources where he should be a 1st round pick, proving there is no shock and other teams knew who he was

HDF56:  Completely changes argument to talent evaluators suck

I feel they are both separate arguments...Maybe people knew who he was, but it was shocking that we drafted him to people...and anyone who rated him as a first round talent was obviously dead wrong. 

On 11/6/2018 at 10:02 AM, Morneblade said:

It's called moving the goalposts. It what guys that can't be wrong get proven wrong. It's sad.

I have not problem being wrong, I am several times a day. However don’t feel I am about this. To each their own though, I certainly won’t lose sleep over opinions on a message board, have a good day. 

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Cmon man, This is first round talent we are talking about here. When you draft first round you should be seeing flashes of brilliance aka Calvin Riddley & William Fuller with that said Im looking through the list of 1st round WR's drafted the past 3 seasons and i see alot of under achievers on the list so.... Maybe we are expecting to much.

Idk about you but I think Hopkins and Julio have something to do with that.

We don't have talent like that to open up Josh like those guys have. IMO the team wrongly decided to go out and invest in an injury prone Paul Richardson instead of going with other options out there at the time. I wasn't a fan of Richardson and they still owe him a minimum of 26 million according to this

https://overthecap.com/player/paul-richardson/2984

And Richardson had a long history of injuries they should have paid attention to.

I was wanting the team pre-draft to go draft Calvin Ridley because the receiver situation bothered me. It still bothers me. Now we are stuck with Richardson out for the year, and Crowder injured so the only receivers this week are going to be (not looking quite like himself) Jordan Reed and Josh Doctson. Not pretty.

Now I do think that Payne is turning out to be a hell of a pick but had they went receiver in the draft instead I still think it would have opened up the receivers more which would have helped Josh Doctson.   

So far against the Bucs he looks like he is caring. Going high up and plucking that ball from air and bringing it down with both feet in for a 1st down. This is why Doc was drafted, for this ability that he has. Also nice catch on that slant too. Too bad we don't have a really good QB to give Doc more chances in tight windows. 

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

Actually Doc put his hands up and said hey Alex I am over here and wide open. Throw it to me... lol

You saw that too?  Alex finally threw the ball when the defense started to close in on Doctson.  He was wide open before that and I was shocked Smith didn't see him earlier.

37 minutes ago, Redd said:

Josh was open in the endzone today.  Took Alex forever before he found him

To be fair to Alex, the was pressured big time on that play and sidestepped at least a couple guys before he had a lane to throw. Not really his fault. It was a nice play by him as well as Doctson getting himself open in the back of the end zone. 

4 minutes ago, Redd said:

You saw that too?  Alex finally threw the ball when the defense started to close in on Doctson.  He was wide open before that and I was shocked Smith didn't see him earlier.

I think Smith was going to his hot read first and I think Doc is like last on his read when the play breaks down.... lol or Alex heads move very slowly. Probably combination of both. But he did see him and adjusted accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

To be fair to Alex, the was pressured big time on that play and sidestepped at least a couple guys before he had a lane to throw. Not really his fault. It was a nice play by him as well as Doctson getting himself open in the back of the end zone. 

You might be right.  I was screaming at the screen during the play for him to throw it to Doctson and when Alex finally did throw it the defender was almost there to make a play on the ball.

Like I have said before...he is a first round pick...he is gonna have to do that consistently for 16 games for a few years before he convinces me otherwise. 

He he had a good game today, but it’s about time IMO. Not a hater cause I want him to be our answer but I just don’t think he is. 

36 minutes ago, Redd said:

You might be right.  I was screaming at the screen during the play for him to throw it to Doctson and when Alex finally did throw it the defender was almost there to make a play on the ball.

You couldn't see Doctson on the screen during the play...you may have been thinking of Harris?

Archived