skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Washington Redskins
    • Carolina Panthers
    • The unlikely tie?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2018 at 04:59 PM

Winning is obviously the most important thing, but I think that if we did lose the next two games but still competed, then that wouldn't result in a nuclear meltdown (maybe it would on ES, but not within the team).

If we lose them both and just capitulate like we did against the Saints, then heads should roll.

26 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Winning is obviously the most important thing, but I think that if we did lose the next two games but still competed, then that wouldn't result in a nuclear meltdown (maybe it would on ES, but not within the team).

If we lose them both and just capitulate like we did against the Saints, then heads should roll.

I disagree completely.  They SHOULD be in meltdown mode if they lose the next two games.  This team arrogantly thought that trading for Alex Smith, but not getting him any damn weapons would be sufficient enough to take this team to the playoffs this season.  Redskins brass is the one who harped on this being a playoffs or bust season.  Gruden & Allen know damn well that competing hard but losing close games is simply NOT good enough this season.  The panic level should be extremely high right now within the roster, but especially for the coaches and management.

They don’t get a pass anymore.  This a win now, or else season.  The fan base is not going to accept mediocre results anymore.  You see that with the embarrassing and dwindling crowds at Fed-Ex.  I, along with other fans are in a prove it stage now with this team.  So far, they’ve done nothing but disappoint.

My prediction for Sunday is a win, only because this team is incapable of sustained success or failure, making them the true definition of mediocrity.  They will win this week, but lose to Dallas the following week, because that’s just how they roll:

Panthers 20

Redskins 26

Last week the pick count was

Redskins   50

Saints        36

Tie              3

This week, thus far, the tables have switched, big time!

Redskins   18

Panthers   37

Tie              0

Either the faith has diminished or reality has set in.

BUT, if you add the numbers from last week and this week, divide x 2, add 14 then deduct 4, take 3 shots of Crown then factor the magic # in,

Redskins 23

Panthers 18

Then again, you can always say the hec with it and just chug the Crown, Zoony style...:headbang:

Unfortunately, like last week, there is something to play for, which is to stay in first place.  There are two things we've come to know about this team over the last quarter century:  (1) it hates success and (2) it crumbles under the weight of positive expectations from its fans.

Panthers 27

Redskins 23

1 hour ago, cakmoney61 said:

Unfortunately, like last week, there is something to play for, which is to stay in first place.  There are two things we've come to know about this team over the last quarter century:  (1) it hates success and (2) it crumbles under the weight of positive expectations from its fans.

Panthers 27

Redskins 23

Please direct me to this “positive expectations from its fan” that you speak. 

Archived