skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Washington Redskins
    • Carolina Panthers
    • The unlikely tie?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2018 at 04:59 PM

Skins will play hard, but not smart.  They'll come out all fired up and wear themselves out in the first half being overly aggressive, trash talking, and focusing on anything except just doing their job.

Early penalties on our secondary (some legit, some phantom) caused by Norman and Swearinger trying to "play physical"  will extend a drive that ends with Cam bullying his way into the endzone.

Jordan Reed is thrown to early, looks good, then mysteriously disappears from the game plan.  Crowder also looks promising until he loses the football in the redzone.

Kerrigan will be held alot and do nothing to overcome it.  The offense will sleep through the first half and we go to halftime with both teams under 10 points.

2nd half, the Panthers will have adjusted, and use McCaffrey to wear out our now befuddled and exhausted defenders.  At least one key guy of ours gets hurt after overextending himself in the first half.

Then a long pass to some unknown 4th string WR will take whatever wind is left out of our sails and give the Panthers a lead they never lose.

We get a turnover late in the game that ultimately proves meaningless and fail to capitalize on.

Redskins are 0-4 against Cam Newton.  They play this game like they are determined to rid themselves of any sort of divisional advantage, then spend post game talking about how the effort was there, its only one game, and there's still plenty of football left to be played. 

Carolina - 24

Washington - 16

I'm almost positive we win this one because we have two big division games in the following weeks that we get to lose in heart-breaking fashion. 

23-20. Skins jump out big in the first half, only to give up a big run in the 3rd quarter. This time, however, Smith does just enough to get a field goal on the final drive. 

This a classic Redskins bounce back game, We get utterly destroyed and bounce back beating a team we shouldn't beat. It's going to be classic Redskins.

Cam Newton is no Drew Brees and our defense is going to come out angry on Sunday. I think Gruden will get his head out of his Ass and start pounding the rock again. I think on Sunday we do everything we are good at, AP Goes for 100+ rushing , Chris Thompson will take a screen pass for a TD and our Tight Ends will combine for 100+yards receiving. Newton harassed all day

Skins 27 Carolina 19

I have really bad news for us.

Panthers have the #1 rushing offense and #8 rushing defense. We're not going to be able to run on these guys, this is the best rushing defense we have faced. Without that, we are basically doomed. To add to that, they will run the ball down our throats. McCaffery likely has over 200 yards total offense.

Panthers - 24

Redskins - 6

This will be a physical beat down.

4 hours ago, Csup said:

Typically this would be a win week.  But this is also an even year meaning Carolina is good this year.  Something has to give.

What does it being an even year have to do with anything? Last year was an odd year and the panthers made the playoffs. 2015, another odd year, they made the super bowl ? 

Have we ever beat the Panthers with Cam as the QB?

It seems like they manhandle us every time we play them, they're a very physical team and I remember past years where you could tell we couldn't match their physicality.

Panthers - 24

Skins - 10

I've picked the redskins 3 of the first 4, what the heck lets go 4 out of the first 5.  Obviously, I've been wrong in that mix.

Redskins 31 Panthers 17

I watched the full Panthers-Giants game last week.  The Panthers defense wasn't what I recall them being in the past.  Eli put big numbers up against them.  You can beat their secondary.  They are giving up 4.6 yards per carry on the ground.  Newton didn't look sharp last week -- a lot of quick hitches-screens to McCaffrey.  Now McCaffrey looked like a stud they need to contain him.

Wheels fall completely off game here Vs Carolina.  I’m predicting 34-9.  I’m also predicting that Panthers fans will be laughing at how much $ the Redskins paid this bum Josh Norman.  

To the folks saying that the Panthers defense isn’t that good etc etc.  man, the Saints defense is garbage and controlled the bum ass Skins offense right from the kickoff.  Alex Smith is terrible.  Would have been better off honestly shelling out $$ for some big name defensive players and just starting Colt McCoy.  In retrospect, how hilariously awful was it to sign Paul Richardson all that money just to let Cousins walk and bring in Alex Smith.  Christ!  The guy played an entire season once and didn’t throw a single TD pass to a WR!  ???

I honestly think we are better than the Panthers but we have been exposed it’s all on film, and we have not been able to make adjustments when people have us figured out. 

Plus if you see the news surrounding the team the culture is so toxic, Gruden leads undisciplined teams, and our first round draft pick is a bust, we downgraded at QB, our star corner is a 1 hit wonder who seems like he doesn’t care about football anymore. 

Panthers: 34

Redskins: 12 (all field goals) 

my wife wont let me sell my tickets cause my kids still want to go to the game (poor guys they still think we can win) so I’ll get to see it live and in person, hope the new beer from Devils Backbone doesn’t suck (like the ERA Washington Nationals version) pretty much only thing to look forward to at this point. 

Archived