Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

4 hours ago, MrSilverMaC said:

For those bucking for an expansion team:

how long did L.A wait for a team? They have two now, and neither are expansion teams. Do you really think the NFL is going to add an expansion team just for d.c? L.A is two to three times the size of d.c with roughly the same cost of living. It's the 8th largest economy in the world by itself and the NFL wasn't willing to expand just for them.

a lot of you people seriously over estimate people's regard/opinion for d.c.

It isn't realistic but where else are you going to vent, rant, and fantasize about hypotheticals then a message board?

5 hours ago, HailSkins90 said:

Hell no. We need to stop the robbery of the poor to pay for these massive stadiums. Every single economic study of the impact of public subsidies on bringing a stadium to an area shows that the municipality and its people always lose.

I want no part of my taxes going to buying a new stadium.

You mean like Nats Park.  If you bought a home in that area before that stadium, it was 50k, now the cheapest house in that area is 800k.  i don't give a damn if i have to pay taxes to get a stadium that will revitalize an area

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

You mean like Nats Park.  If you bought a home in that area before that stadium, it was 50k, now the cheapest house in that area is 800k.  i don't give a damn if i have to pay taxes to get a stadium that will revitalize an area

Great, but we're discussing public policy, so with all respect your personal opinion doesn't really matter. Data and facts do. And the data, across the country, does not support your claim here. Stadiums are terrible uses of public money, from a lot of different angles.

What you're describing in regards to Nats Park is lucky speculation. Further, if you had property there, the value increase came after the developers had bought all the property (or in some cases the city prices you out of your home with increased property taxes and you simply lose your home while it's auctioned off by the bank at a fraction of what it would have brought on the market).

So what you're really describing is actually much worse: taxpayer money going to buy a stadium for a private individual or company for the benefit of private property developers. Why can't the owner of a team build the stadium with their own money with the blessing of the zoning commission? Why do they need taxpayer money in the amount of hundreds of millions of dollars every 10-20 years?

Tax payers paying for stadiums is the poster child for cronyism in America.

Wow, i'm here at Fed Ex covering the game for ES today.  As I was walking up the ramp to the press box, a guy that I know who opens a gate I need to get past asked me if anyone said anything about the Orioles hat I'm wearing.  I was like, no, why?  He said that people that aren't wearing Skins gear are being instructed to take off their stuff today.  Said that he just saw a girl that had to take off her Carolina hat before getting into the seating bowl.

Crazy if that's true.  2nd hand information but I'll see if I can confirm it.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wow, i'm here at Fed Ex covering the game for ES today.  As I was walking up the ramp to the press box, a guy that I know who opens a gate I need to get past asked me if anyone said anything about the Orioles hat I'm wearing.  I was like, no, why?  He said that people that aren't wearing Skins gear are being instructed to take off their stuff today.  Said that he just saw a girl that had to take off her Carolina hat before getting into the seating bowl.

This sounds ridiculous.  So of course, i'ts probably true.  

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That would be crazy if true.

That would be like them tearing down fan's signs and posters.

Tampa bay Lightning did this during the playoffs last year. You’re allowed to have “dress codes” in premium sections which for hockey are on the glass. Legally i would think this would only fly at fedex in the club level and dream seats. Bad look all around 

47 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Let's all hope this isn't true.

But if it is, then a nerve has been ****-slapped and someone's ego needs to be put in check.

That can be considered a violation of the 1st Amendment, and boy will things go nuclear for this team in a bad way, mainly the FO, but the fallout will hurt a lot of fans. The media would NEVER let this go.

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Let's all hope this isn't true.

But if it is, then a nerve has been ****-slapped and someone's ego needs to be put in check.

That can be considered a violation of the 1st Amendment, and boy will things go nuclear for this team in a bad way, mainly the FO, but the fallout will hurt a lot of fans. The media would NEVER let this go.

It may be a lot of things, but it isn't a violation of the first amendment.

The first amendment only protects you from government censure.

It doesn't protect you from your favorite team's front office acting like over-sensitive twits when it comes to fan attendance and removing opposing team apparel to mask fan turnout.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

It may be a lot of things, but it isn't a violation of the first amendment.

The first amendment only protects you from government censure.

It doesn't protect you from your favorite team's front office acting like over-sensitive twits when it comes to fan attendance and removing opposing team apparel to mask fan turnout.

I think we need an amendment to the first amendment to guard against such atrocities...

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think we need an amendment to the first amendment to guard against such atrocities...

Yeah, the "Win or lose with dignity" clause.

Unfortunate if true. Removing opposing team apparel isn't going to change the crowd ratio numbers.

It will simply change what they are wearing.

I doubt that story is true because there were obviously tons of people wearing panthers gear. That sounds like a really dumb story

then again, we had the sign ban as hof44 points out. 

The state of the organization is depressing. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Until someone proves it, I'm not buying it.

I want go to Dallas game bad now

Proves what? I was not there today, but do you think there were more than 60K people there against Indy and GB?

There is going to be a much larger crowd next Sunday pretty much due to the opponent. 

Just now, hail2skins said:

Proves what? I was not there today, but do you think there were more than 60K people there against Indy and GB?

I don't believe FedEx wouldn't let certain people wear stuff from other teams.  That doesn't even sound like something Snydwr could get away with, so people saying they aren't surprised doesn't make sense to me

I can guarantee that story isn’t true was at the game and there were waaaaaaay more Carolina fans then skins fans. It was a sea of blue, black, and white. 

As for the game it was not as pretty as it may have looked on TV. Carolina is not a good football team and we let them almost beat us. Tens have figured us out and if we do not continue to evolve then we will be nothing. Alex Smith refuses to push the ball down field and continues to do his Captain Check Down routine. I can’t blame him because the Oline is again a problem! 

The defense plays SOFT! Easily able to score on as we usually get zero pressure.

Glad we got the win but it was a heart pounding game hard to see in person to be honest. Oh BTW the Devils Backbone beer report the golden ale is ok the burgundy sucks it’s just like ERA for the Nats slightly better, but awful. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I don't believe FedEx wouldn't let certain people wear stuff from other teams.  That doesn't even sound like something Snydwr could get away with, so people saying they aren't surprised doesn't make sense to me

Gotcha. Yeah, agree...…..I think the dude who SS spoke with had to be joking, or was clueless. 

Archived