Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

I hope so, it’s embarrassing to see on TV, not saying I don’t understand why, just that it’s embarrassing. Heck if I lived in MD/VA area I would have season tickets, but with both my boys playing football it would only work out for us to go to a handful of games and most of them after thanksgiving

40 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Times of change...we're gonna start noticing a change in color in them crowds there at home...less n less opposing teams colors and more burgundy n gold!!

Lol. Whatever helps you sleep at night ? anyone who thinks the crowd is just magically going to improve this season now that we are 5-2 is kidding themselves ??‍♂️

There better be some Skins fans at the game Sunday. This is a huge game. 5-2 first place in the NFC East. Not sure what else the fans could want. Shoot I'm gonna be in town from LA and I'm thinking about rolling solo if I can get a ticket. 

Get out to FedEx people. Support your team.

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

So far the attendance has been:

Colts 57013

Packers 59827

Panthers 60482

Cowboys 66300

I don't think there are going to be as many folks in there this week than there were for the Cowboys, but hopefully more than there were for the Panthers. 

So according to some fans.....amount of colts fans 55000..packer fans 56000.. Panthers fans 58000 and cowboy fans 66250..lol

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol. Whatever helps you sleep at night ? anyone who thinks the crowd is just magically going to improve this season now that we are 5-2 is kidding themselves ??‍♂️

Haha what? Yes, this is actually exactly how it works...

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I know a few of Skins fans, who haven't been to games in a while, are coming to the Falcons game.   Bunch of ****ing front runners,  but that's okay, I can't say that I blame them. At this point, every B&G ass in a seat helps.

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So according to Cooleyfan...amount of colts fans 55000..packer fans 56000.. Panthers fans 58000 and cowboy fans 66250..lol

...? Where did i say that 

Just now, CTskin said:

Haha what? Yes, this is actually exactly how it works...

I meant just being 5-2 wont get people excited, it’s going to take a few more wins for that to happen. My guess is that people will be weary of showing up to games still until we have 8 wins (because of what happened the last time we were 6-2). 

Of course maybe people are more optimistic than i am of the winning streak continuing

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I know a few of Skins fans, who haven't been to games in a while, are coming to the Falcons game.   Bunch of ****ing front runners,  but that's okay, I can't say that I blame them. At this point, every B&G ass in a seat helps.

Exactly. Aside from a handful of storied franchises throughout all sports, this is unfortunately how it goes. When your team is bad, the only fans in attendance are die-hards and the opposing fanbase. When the team is good, the die-hards still show up, and all of the pink hat fans jump in like they've been there all along. This trend is exponentially more prevalent in melting pot cities.

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

You were playing comedian when talking about the seats being filled with burgundy n gold saying there's more opposing team colors

No, you clearly didn’t understand what I said. I was saying i dont think more and more redskins fans will show up to games just because of a 5-2 record (since the last time the team was 5-2 or better, they finished 8-8). 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Of course maybe people are more optimistic than i am of the winning streak continuing

Although I predicted that the Redskins would win, I am definitely worried. Passing teams scare me, but that's beside the point. Your support shouldn't waiver based on the outcome of this game. It's going to be a beautiful Sunday, the team is looking good, get your ass out there!

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, you clearly didn’t understand what I said. I was saying i dont think more and more redskins fans will show up to games just because of a 5-2 record (since the last time the team was 5-2 or better, they finished 8-8). 

I think that there will be more Redskins fans because of the 5-2 record.

I'll update the thread after the game.

Just now, CTskin said:

Although I predicted that the Redskins would win, I am definitely worried. Passing teams scare me, but that's beside the point. Your support shouldn't waiver based on the outcome of this game. It's going to be a beautiful Sunday, the team is looking good, get your ass out there!

I have no $$$ at the moment or I’d gladly be buying a ticket to games (anyone got a free ticket or two to send my way?). Been trying to talk my dad into going to a game this year also. He enjoys watching from home better (after having been at the stadium for work for 6 seasons he had enough) ?

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Simmer down now..I wuz jus ****in around..I get your valid point about how crazy it would be for more skins fans to show up because we're winning.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have no $$$ at the moment or I’d gladly be buying a ticket to games (anyone got a free ticket or two to send my way?). Been trying to talk my dad into going to a game this year also. He enjoys watching from home better (after having been at the stadium for work for 6 seasons he had enough) ?

Haaa were in the same boat ..I was that close to have my dad talked into going to Arizona for the week one game... And then he brought up he would rather spend the money on watching the Skins play at home ...when dad haha..I would my self.. come all the way over from the potato fields solo but he would kill me lol

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If you'll go, I'll venmo you $100 right now toward tickets for you and your dad.

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

>> I think other problem with the low turnout is people are used to being able to pickup tickets at the last minute for significantly less than face value.

So far this year, we have not seen the market collapse for any games.  I attribute this to the fewer STHs and the team/brokers not flooding the market with tickets. 

Given the price of tickets, the supply is significantly greater than the demand.  If I needed tickets for a single game and was trying to minimize my cost, I think I would try the hustlers in the parking lots and if I could not get a good deal, then walk up to the ticket window and pay face value.  IMHO,  with the prices we are seeing on the secondary market, stubhub, etc are not necessarily the best way to go.

Archived