Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

NBD= No Big Deal ? good lord man you really gotta catch up on your internet lingo :P 

Damn..I am turning 41 in a month..am I that old?..I mean lol laughing out loud.. LMFAO.. laughing my ****ing ass off..umm jk.. just kidding... Isn't that about it hahahaha

I've got some data to take some of the objectivity out of it.

10/14/18 Panthers fans peaked at 88db. But they were really more of an 80db crowd (that is to say, non-existent)

We were more of a 94db crowd that day. 

10/21/18 Cowboys fans peaked at 92db. I'd call them a 90-92 db crowd. We peaked at 98 but really we were more of a 97db impact.

11/4/18 Falcons fans were an 87db crowd. The bad part was the ATL chant. We peaked at 99db on a 3rd and 12 with about 1:30 remaining in the 3rd. But most of the day we're 95db crowd.

Again, we'd like to sustain over 100 on the field to really impact the offense's ability to communicate in the huddle. I could concede that maybe we're loud enough to impact the QB shouting out calls to a WR at the line of scrimmage with what we're doing. 

What we can conclude from the measurements:

1 - There are a LOT more of us than them, as is confirmed by my own observations in my section. Ex: only a handful of Falcons fans in my section.

2 - We the fans are impacting the game mildly at best.

I'll give you that the visitor side of the field looks like where the opposing team's fans congregate. Ownership of those lower bowl seats should be to the hands of the faithful. The upper bowl and club level should be the only possible place to buy a seat, provided we have enough home fans to fill the lower bowl. 

If you are an upper bowl season ticket holder, I'd be assertive with the ticket office to move downstairs. If you're already downstairs, I'd push aggressively to move toward the 50. We've got to push the remaining ticket brokers out of the better and more impactful seats. 

27 minutes ago, turtle2328 said:

If you are an upper bowl season ticket holder, I'd be assertive with the ticket office to move downstairs. If you're already downstairs, I'd push aggressively to move toward the 50. We've got to push the remaining ticket brokers out of the better and more impactful seats. 

Only if they are willing to sell me those $1400+ lower level sideline seats for $769 (price of my row 16 seats in section 401).  Heck, my brother gave up his pair this year in section 124 which had been our family's name for about 20 years  He offered them to me for 2018 and I turned him down.   

20 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

Only if they are willing to sell me those $1400+ lower level sideline seats for $769 (price of my row 16 seats in section 401).  Heck, my brother gave up his pair this year in section 124 which had been our family's name for about 20 years  He offered them to me for 2018 and I turned him down.   

If I were the ticket office, I'd do that :)

I'm ready to say you've got good seats and it's ridiculous to think that moving one row forward would bump your prices so much. You may as well move downstairs at that point. 

That being said, if you go to every game, you're the kind of customer I want in even better seats. 

I'd pack in the best customers in the best seats and leave the scraps for single games and club level. If I can fill up those seats in 120-122 with you, I'm super pleased. the 200 Sections, yes please! Then I fill up those best section upstairs if I have fans left over. All the while, the Redskins fans are together. The price to do so is rather secondary to my goal of protecting the product and producing a home field advantage. If I can do those things, I'll be able to charge more. 

This is a boring ass team. Even when they win(Giants & Cowboys games specifically), there is little excitement.

We all know how this season will end. Philly will sweep us & take the division. Even if we did make it, we'd be eliminated very quickly. This is an average team at best. The goal should be a SB. This team has zero shot at said SB with a game manager, & atrocious receivers.

1 hour ago, MarkB452 said:

Yep, even with the Skins cracking down on the amount of seats in brokers hands, you could likely go to every regular season game and sit in the club level for the cost of sideline 100 level season tickets.

Plus, aside from cost, the 100 level isn't for everyone, particularly those who don't want to stand all game...….thanks Dan and your idiotic dream seats!

The Skins should really be decreasing STH prices across the board, regardless of where they sit.  Having the club and upper levels at most two-thirds full for all of the games sans Dallas is not fun.  

1 hour ago, Skins8989 said:

This is a boring ass team. Even when they win(Giants & Cowboys games specifically), there is little excitement.

We all know how this season will end. Philly will sweep us & take the division. Even if we did make it, we'd be eliminated very quickly. This is an average team at best. The goal should be a SB. This team has zero shot at said SB with a game manager, & atrocious receivers.

It's a boring ass team if all you care about is fantasy football and slinging it around the yard. The Dallas game was friggin awesome, get out of here.

1/32 teams win the SB every year. If you went into this year SB or bust, odds are you will come away disappointed so may want to adjust expectations. Keep building...

2 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

It's a boring ass team if all you care about is fantasy football and slinging it around the yard. The Dallas game was friggin awesome, get out of here.

1/32 teams win the SB every year. If you went into this year SB or bust, odds are you will come away disappointed so may want to adjust expectations. Keep building...

It would be nice if we had a good shot at the SB. The bottom line is excitement sells tickets. There isn't one player on this team that makes you jump out of your seat.

1 hour ago, Skins8989 said:

It would be nice if we had a good shot at the SB. The bottom line is excitement sells tickets. There isn't one player on this team that makes you jump out of your seat.

Maybe for your fantasy team but there's plenty of players that make this team we call our favorite!.. Swearinger just..as they call it unfriended you..and the show stopper just uninvited you to the show!!..psst 

17 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Maybe for your fantasy team but there's plenty of players that make this team we call our favorite!.. Swearinger just..as they call it unfriended you..and the show stopper just uninvited you to the show!!..psst 

Yeah well those two you mentioned are part of a defense that lost to the colts and got blown out to the saints and falcons. I’d pump the breaks on suggesting anyone on our team gets fans excited. Jeez you’re more of an optimist than me ??? 

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah well those two you mentioned are part of a defense that lost to the colts and got blown out to the saints and falcons. I’d pump the breaks on suggesting anyone on our team gets fans excited. Jeez you’re more of an optimist than me ??? 

Oh but the forced fumble against Dallas for both of them DJ's multiple interceptions more than makes up for the bad.. I get more than excited for them I don't know about the rest of you though hahaha.

More of an optimist...I'm taking next months electric payment and buying a Swearinger jersey.. how's that for being an optimist...

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the Skins lose tomorrow, the Houston game could be the low mark in attendance this year.  Texans arent a huge national brand and most Skins fans will have checked out. 

And we will once again be the most .500 team ever. Just how we like it, full of hope and despair. 

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

And we will once again be the most .500 team ever. Just how we like it, full of hope and despair. 

Well, not if we lose tomorrow, but if we lose our next 2...

Whats fascinating is Gruden hasn’t actually managed a 8-8 yet.  9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9.  Keeps flirting with it but can’t quite nail it down...

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, not if we lose tomorrow, but if we lose our next 2...

Whats fascinating is Gruden hasn’t actually managed a 8-8 yet.  9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9.  Keeps flirting with it but can’t quite nail it down...

I have faith in him. He'll get it.

I've been to FedEx for four out of the first five games this season, and haven't noticed booing, but, with the exception of the Dallas game, the empty seats in the club and upper deck have been very noticeable. Not sure how Norman could know how the crowds have been at Dallas and Philly this year if he hasn't played there yet. Not sure what the crowd was like in NY......I know it was a packed house during an early season game in 2016 when I attended.

Just watching on TV, looked like a lot of empty seats at RayJay today, especially in the middle level. 

23 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Norman has a point- heard the skins fans loud and proud in Tampa, like always. I get why people don’t go to home games. I do. But man, this is the best team we’ve had in years. Show up, cheer and enjoy this boring brand of winning football. 

Its a mirage tho. This team has no meaningful future. We are witnessing smoke and mirrors and sure it’s nice to be 6-3 but it’s just gonna set us back in the long run and lead to more garbage seasons 

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay to watch our offense in person.  Think many have been expecting to knockout punch for the season because it will get destroyed in a playoff game.  We can't be so critical we aren't happy with winning, they can be separate.

Archived