Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

17 hours ago, Marcdollar 215 said:

Redskins 38 colts 17

Your new here so I will cut you some slack. 

When you signed up you agreed to abide by the rules. You probably didn't read them. One of those rules instructs you not to quote long posts in your reply. An offence made more egregious when your response to a long post you have quoted is as short as above.

If you are replying to a long post edit it to cut it down to the essentials. Or if quoting it adds no value or context to your response - as here - don't quote it at all. 

Normally this would be a warning and points which can lead to suspension or loss of access. Just take this as a wrist slap and let's move on to beating the Colts!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/12/17844884/2018-opponent-scouting-report-week-2-redskins-defense-were-really-going-to-need-anthony-castonzo

^^ Really good thorough Skins review with plenty of gifs playing on plays they breakdown. I got through the first 1/3 and cant spend any more time bc Im at work.

---------------------

edit:

Skins 27

Colts 15*

*Yup, 15 is a weird number for a football score. It just dont belong up there. It looks funny. Like 5 field goals but no TDs? Come on man. 7+3+3+2 = trying to say we owe the football gods a safety bc of last weeks escape? Nope, I dont like that 15 one bit up there. Just dont sit right with me.

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

That's fine. Just letting you know, you're not eligible to win.

But I hope you're right.

I mean I really hope you're right.

Your right, it does say FIRST score prediction wins it. That's OK, those are my numbers and I'm sticking to it. Good luck :P and bad Luck on the field.

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

Whats the latest weather forecast for kickoff?  

So far, 79° winds at 13mph E with some sun and showers (at who knows when)

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Whats the latest weather forecast for kickoff?  

I'm more concerned about the field.

They have drainage systems but they're not designed to handle the large amount of rain with a hurricane. Tidal surge will flood local rivers, streams, and city drainage, so any drainage from the field would most likely be backed up, causing the field to be nothing but a swamp at best.

I am surprised there hasn't been talk of moving the game to a different location; its happened a couple times that I can remember hearing about due to hurricanes.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

I'm more concerned about the field.

They have drainage systems but they're not designed to handle the large amount of rain with a hurricane. Tidal surge will flood local rivers, streams, and city drainage, so any drainage from the field would most likely be backed up, causing the field to be nothing but a swamp at best.

I am surprised there hasn't been talk of moving the game to a different location; its happened a couple times that I can remember hearing about due to hurricanes.

You should probably track the storm instead of making claims that DC and Virginia are going to be a swamp.  It's actually likely not even to rain.  This storm may not even be a hurricane by the time it hits South Carolina.  Unless you live on the beach or W/NW of South Carolina you won't have any affects from this storm. Plus it's still way out in the middle of the Atlantic.  The media sensationalizes any and every storm.  This shouldn't affect a football game, in a stadium 500 miles away from what will be a tropical storm if it gets to land. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/hurricane/td-6-2018

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 10.16.41 AM.png

8 hours ago Shredder said:

You should probably track the storm instead of making claims that DC and Virginia are going to be a swamp.  It's actually likely not even to rain.  This storm may not even be a hurricane by the time it hits South Carolina.  Unless you live on the beach or W/NW of South Carolina you won't have any affects from this storm. Plus it's still way out in the middle of the Atlantic.  The media sensationalizes any and every storm.  This shouldn't affect a football game, in a stadium 500 miles away from what will be a tropical storm if it gets to land. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/hurricane/td-6-2018

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, you tell me to not believe how the media sensationalizes every storm, then you send me a link to a media source.   :unsure:

I've been through a number of hurricanes and tropical storms, and one thing I've learned is they are unpredictable. Even though its forecasted to hit NC coastline, it can take a jog north or south of where they say it will hit, and heavier rain from feeder bands will cover a large area.

Oh yea, its forecasted to hit sometime within the next 36 hours, so I wouldn't consider 'way out in the atlantic' an accurate statement.

Okay, I have come down from the wonderous afterglow from the opener and I am finally thinking about what comes next, I say a Skins victory.  Forgive me for getting greedy and letting a dominant opening day performance go to my head, clearly, I am drunk with success,  but I think the Skins trounce the Colts 34-10 and people start talking.

22 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

Too many people are drinking the rose colored kool aid after 1 week.  Im tampering my expectations.  Colts 24 Redskins 20 :( 

Until the Skins prove that "ye olde tradition of losing winnable games after a big win" is dead, I can't give them the nod for this game. It would be a classic Washington Redskins move to blow this one. 

I pray Gruden is keeping them emotionally grounded this week.

No prediction here.  ?

3 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Until the Skins prove that "ye olde tradition of losing winnable games after a big win" is dead, I can't give them the nod for this game. It would be a classic Washington Redskins move to blow this one. 

I pray Gruden is keeping them emotionally grounded this week.

No prediction here.  ?

But that really hasn’t been the MO under Gruden. The past four years we’ve generally beaten teams that are equal to or below us— especially at home. 

1 minute ago, kleese said:

But that really hasn’t been the MO under Gruden. The past four years we’ve generally beaten teams that are equal to or below us— especially at home. 

You mean like the lowly NY Giants last season? At home? For a potential playoff spot?  ?

Archived