Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

7 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I detest Colin Cowturd.  I have never forgiven him for his reaction to Sean's murder, nor shall I ever.  What he is, IS a blazing idiot. He exists purely on shock value statements based on no actual knowledge. When we pound the Colts, and we will, he spin it to whatever sells.  Never forget...Hail  

You think Cowherd may have something against us?  I'll have to start hating him now.

8 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Well according to “Colon” we lose 31-28 as Indy has a significantly better QB and has solved their O-line...

i was under the impression that they were gonna possibly have an O-line issue this week with injuries?

I couldn't make it past 20 seconds of that video.  Cowherd is so full of himself it's not even funny. Calling himself the Robin Hood of sportscasters... disgusting.

3 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

We were 12 point favorites. We might have covered that if we don't give up a 45 yard touchdown in desperation time to an opponent two TDs down.

Desperation time?? They got the ball back and were 10 yards out of field goal range for the win in the final seconds. The only desperation was the Skins fans sweating out the final seconds, against Beathard no less

REad this on a Colts message board:

"I watched some of Ariz vs Was and Arizona was gashing the Redskins in the running game using the same angle blocking plays and formations Bellichick used on Manusky years ago. Arizona had like 90 yards rushing before the 2nd quarter. I'm sure we saw that on film. That's why we are going with the H back this week. We are clear on how we want to attack him certain. We know this guy. "

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"I watched some of Ariz vs Was and Arizona was gashing the Redskins in the running game using the same angle blocking plays and formations Bellichick used on Manusky years ago. Arizona had like 90 yards rushing before the 2nd quarter. I'm sure we saw that on film. That's why we are going with the H back this week. We are clear on how we want to attack him certain. We know this guy. "

Lolol ?? just delusional!! 

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Arizona had like 90 yards rushing before the 2nd quarter.

Yeah I saw that.  Another poster immediately corrected this guy and pointed out that David Johnson only had 37 rushing yards and his two good runs came early.  Then the original poster came back and pointed out how they got away from the run but still ran for 4.1 ypc.   Similar delusional fans on every board. My favorite was one guy said that they (Colts) had better TE's.  Another senior poster saying the Colts win by 10-14 points.  Majority were saying that the Skins DL gives up tons of yards on the ground and the only problem was Kerrigan and Smith because they are decent.  Predictions were for Luck to torch them with crossing routes.

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Yeah I saw that.  Another poster immediately corrected this guy and pointed out that David Johnson only had 37 rushing yards and his two good runs came early.  Then the original poster came back and pointed out how they got away from the run but still ran for 4.1 ypc.   Similar delusional fans on every board. My favorite was one guy said that they (Colts) had better TE's.  Another senior poster saying the Colts win by 10-14 points.  Majority were saying that the Skins DL gives up tons of yards on the ground and the only problem was Kerrigan and Smith because they are decent.  Predictions were for Luck to torch them with crossing routes.

Hmm, nobody corrected him on the thread I read...his post was like 3 posts from the end, though.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lolol ?? just delusional!! 

I'm hoping that the DL puts on a Sack Clinic after hearing this garbage. 

giphy.gif

Just now, Califan007 said:

Hmm, nobody corrected him on the thread I read...his post was like 3 posts from the end, though.

Probably the same guy saying the same BS in a different thread.

Colts fans are pretty proud of their OL.  They seem to this the interior is superior to the Skins.  Guess they never heard of Allen, Payne, & Ioa.  I Sooooo want a mad DL with mega pressure to the point that Luck starts throwing it up. 

3 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Desperation time?? They got the ball back and were 10 yards out of field goal range for the win in the final seconds. The only desperation was the Skins fans sweating out the final seconds, against Beathard no less

Desperation time is when you are down by two touchdowns with less than 4 minutes. The 49ers were down by 14 with 3:28 remaining and 75 yards.  That is desperation time.  You may be confusing desperation time with junk time.

26-17, was confusing it with the Rams game but still down by two possessions needing two scores is desperation, Especially given the fact that they onside kicked it after the TD.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

giphy.gif

So, he is saying that the Cards must have had around -28 yards rushing in over the final three quarters?

Man, I’m getting a little nervous about this game, in part because of a few factors - Luck’s ability to move (and throw of course), our unproven secondary, the possibility of overconfidence after last week, and because it’s our home opener.  I’m also a bit worried that focusing on pressuring Luck leads to more success for the Colts in the ground game.

Here’s hoping I’m way off base. 

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Man, I’m getting a little nervous about this game, in part because of a few factors - Luck’s ability to move (and throw of course), our unproven secondary, the possibility of overconfidence after last week, and because it’s our home opener.  I’m also a bit worried that focusing on pressuring Luck leads to more success for the Colts in the ground game.

I think they win.  But if I had to say one thing that is part of the Redskins culture from one regime to another -- they typically don't handle prosperity well.  A big win often is followed by a loss.  I typically think Stephen Smith from ESPN is a moron about football but I get why he labeled the Redskins the team in the NFL that doesn't know how to handle prosperity. 

So this to me would be a good team culture win.  I get into debates with some others about this point from time to time who tout how mighty the roster is by citing this game or that game.  I get liking the roster but citing a game or two doesn't move me.  We just about always have some wow games every season.  Last year it was the Raiders win.  Season before the Packers win.  Season before that destroying NO.  On and on and on.  Having moments -- been there done that.  Heck we beat the Giants both games when the Giants won the Superbowl.  If I recall beat the Packers in their Superbowl year, too.   Lets have some consistency and win streaks besides the one in a blue moon back against the wall ones we've had to sneak into the playoffs every now and then.

I am optimistic about this team as long as the run game works (Peterson, Thompson) and Reed stays healthy.  But I also want to see them get over the hump and win some games in a row.  Some made a big deal that we followed the Raiders win with an an almost win against the Chiefs.  Heck the year before that we followed the big Packers win with an almost win against Dallas.  For me, i am not giving them points for almost wins -- win some games in a row.  I think they do it today, will see. 

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

There has been talk about the interception but it wasn't an athletic move that created the opportunity, it was an over-thrown ball, so it wasn't all THAT impressive, but glad he caught it. This game will hinge on Luck's arm, because he will end up throwing a lot, possibly in the high 50's, unless it rains. I was sure the hurricane would move that way, but I've been wrong before.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they win.  But if I had to say one thing that is part of the Redskins culture from one regime to another -- they typically don't handle prosperity well.  A big win often is followed by a loss.  I typically think Stephen Smith from ESPN is a moron about football but I get why he labeled the Redskins the team in the NFL that doesn't know how to handle prosperity. 

That falls on Gruden.  Its his responsibility to ensure these players stay hungry, focused, and especially not let the media get to them.

Was the most shocked at our performance last week, only thing I didn’t like was the lack of offense in the second half everything else was damn good! 

With that being said the Colts are better, Luck is getting his groove back and if we don’t keep our foot on the gas pedal in the second half Luck can bring the colts back. 

We have to get a goid pass rush going unlike last week. 

Skins: 23

Colts: 20

we jump on them early but cruise in the second half (cause we don’t learn our lesson) and Luck creeps back into the game. 

Archived