Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd love to see our record the last decade of home games directly following a blowout. It has to be godawful.

Assuming "blowout" means a win by 2 TDs or more:

If by "directly following" you mean the very next game, the Skins record is 1-2.

If by "directly following" you mean next home game, their record is 6-3.

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd love to see our record the last decade of home games directly following a blowout. It has to be godawful.

Gonna take a lot more than one W to convince me.

Colts 21

Redskins 17

The sad part about this is its difficult to remember the Redskins blowing out a team. Its either a close game or its the Redskins getting blown out.

This is the one thing that has me concerned; the Redskins getting over-confident and letting comments get into their heads, then next thing you know THEY are struggling to keep up with their opponent.

I'm gonna take a page outta Al Davis' quotes and change it a little;   " Just Don't Get Flat-Footed Baby "...:bill:

I fully expect washington to win this game.  I will be very dissapointed if they do not

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Assuming "blowout" means a win by 2 TDs or more:

If by "directly following" you mean the very next game, the Skins record is 1-2.

If by "directly following" you mean next home game, their record is 6-3.

weve only had 12 wins by 2 tds or more in 10 years?

giphy.gif

Also, impressed you were able to do that research, seriously

32 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

They will come out ready to prove that week 1 was no fluke. 

I dont think week 1 was a fluke. I also dont think the Cardinals are very good. I think the Colts arent as bad as everyone thinks--they were driving for the lead last week before they fumbled.

I think it's a 24-21 type game. I cant predict a win with any kind of certainty. 

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

I fully expect washington to win this game.  I will be very dissapointed if they do not

weve only had 12 wins by 2 tds or more in 10 years?

giphy.gif

Also, impressed you were able to do that research, seriously

No, we've had 13 lol...but three of the games didn't count in terms of what Mr. Sinister asked. One was last week's game, so we don't know the results yet of the next home game "directly following" it. And there were two other games in which we didn't have another home game that season after the blowout win.

Also I ****ed up lol...our record is 6-4 in the next home game following a blowout win, not 6-3.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No, we've had 13 lol...but three of the games didn't count in terms of what Mr. Sinister asked. One was last week's game, so we don't know the results yet of the next home game "directly following" it. And there were two other games in which we didn't have another home game that season after the blowout win.

Also I ****ed up lol...our record is 6-4 in the next home game following a blowout win, not 6-3.

Still very solid and fast research. I forgive you for ****ing it up. lol

27 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

Still very solid and fast research. I forgive you for ****ing it up. lol

Eh, profootballreference does all the work, not me lol...

But to follow up on @zoony's post, here's a breakdown on all the "blowout" wins each team in the NFC East has had over the last 10 years:

Eagles - 42

Cowboys - 31

Giants - 29

Redskins - 13

the-face.jpg

If your like me and don't have Direct TV or want that then I highly recommend NFL's Game Pass. You can consume games in thirty minutes. With that said I sat down and watched the Colts last game and boy it changed my opinion. Andrew Luck was marching his team up and down the field with ease. After seeing the ass whooping that the Bengals put on the Ravens Defense last night this game suddenly takes on a new look to me. If the Redskins passing game doesn't keep up with Luck this week I think the Colts will win this game. I doubt that the Redskins Defense will be able to stop that passing game. This should be a wild one if the offense can keep up the pace. At this point I'm 50-50 that we can win it. Luck looked really good much better than I expected. The Redskins might not have as much of an advantage on the Colts for the running game as I thought either. The Colts were using multiple backs in multiple ways which makes boxscore surfing meaningless. I'll still go with the Skins to win but think I'll take the over on this one assuming Alex has a good game

I have had a hard time finding Colts forums to check out their fans perspectives. The couple that I have found dont seem to be nearly as active as here and they dont appear very knowledgeable. One guy said that the Cardinals had 90 yards rushing before the 2nd quarter and that he is sure that the coaching staff noticed that.

Anyone had better luck?

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

I doubt that the Redskins Defense will be able to stop that passing game.

I did the same you did and watched the shortcut, Luck is a top 5 QB when healthy I just think people have forgotten how good he is and have written him off because of the injury.

It will be a good test for our secondary and we will find out a lot about our team this week. 

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I did the same you did and watched the shortcut, Luck is a top 5 QB when healthy I just think people have forgotten how good he is and have written him off because of the injury.

It will be a good test for our secondary and we will find out a lot about our team this week. 

I watched it too and have similar concerns, however, I like our secondary and Luck isn't playing indoors, at home.

Our DB's our better than Cincys and our pass rush should be more disruptive.

37 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I have had a hard time finding Colts forums to check out their fans perspectives. The couple that I have found dont seem to be nearly as active as here and they dont appear very knowledgeable. One guy said that the Cardinals had 90 yards rushing before the 2nd quarter and that he is sure that the coaching staff noticed that.

Anyone had better luck?

I don't remember how active they were, but I went to https://www.stampedeblue.com/  and read up a bit on stuff. 

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

If your like me and don't have Direct TV or want that then I highly recommend NFL's Game Pass. You can consume games in thirty minutes. With that said I sat down and watched the Colts last game and boy it changed my opinion. Andrew Luck was marching his team up and down the field with ease. After seeing the ass whooping that the Bengals put on the Ravens Defense last night this game suddenly takes on a new look to me. If the Redskins passing game doesn't keep up with Luck this week I think the Colts will win this game. I doubt that the Redskins Defense will be able to stop that passing game. This should be a wild one if the offense can keep up the pace. At this point I'm 50-50 that we can win it. Luck looked really good much better than I expected. The Redskins might not have as much of an advantage on the Colts for the running game as I thought either. The Colts were using multiple backs in multiple ways which makes boxscore surfing meaningless. I'll still go with the Skins to win but think I'll take the over on this one assuming Alex has a good game

The Colts D is also awful. No Chandler Jones or Patrick Petersons over there. We could also hang up a 30 spot ourselves.

The reality is, the NFL is very week to week so the whole A did this to B who did this to C so we should be worried about D is just not the correct rationale.

In the past this team wins that Week 1 game with a score like 16-13. Looking mediocre in the process of beating a team even more mediocre.

In contrast, Week 1 is pure domination. At least for 3 quarters before garbage time began and the game was already secured.  Domination is not a fluke, it doesn't happen on accident. 

It doesn't necessarily mean I have changed my entire outlook on the season because again, the Cardinals are likely not going to be a very good team, however, I also don't think the Colts are going to be very good outside of Luck playing potential hero QB every week out of desperation.  

Redskins 28

Colts 17

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Colts D is also awful. No Chandler Jones or Patrick Petersons over there. We could also hang up a 30 spot ourselves.

The reality is, the NFL is very week to week so the whole A did this to B who did this to C so we should be worried about D is just not the correct rationale.

The Colts Defense wasn't that bad last week. I wouldn't call it awful. DVOA they are ranked 20th against the pass and 24th against the rush. We are ranked 6th against the pass and 32nd against the rush. Now the sample size for this is only one week but I don't think we have a huge advantage over them Defensively. Stats wise both teams last week only had two sacks and 1 INT. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

And I think the game will require us to throw up a 30 burger to win anyway. The current line I saw on the game has a combined 48 points scored

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl-odds-week-2

With the Skins favored by 5.5 points. Which means we know that Vegas is saying the score should be 29.5 Redskins to 18.5 Colts. After watching both games I don't think that we can hold the Colts to only 18.5 points and I think we can get to 30 ourselves. Which is why I think the over looks like a good pick this week. Who wins idk I think if it's not a shootout then that favors the Colts

Archived