Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

The secondary was not really tested by Bradford because we dominated the LOS.   Luck is a better QB IMO and he is just getting warmed up as he is probably still a bit rusty from a season off.  Our next three games are with two firs ballet HOF QB's and Luck is not trash.  He is going to throw, throw throw if his first game is any indication, because their running game is meh.  He threw for over 300 yards and two TD's and they still lost.

This has to be a game where Gruden dials up more passing plays to our wideouts. Because the Colts secondary is not great.  Our wideouts need to become  part of this. The weather may prevent that and this could be a sloppy affair.  The element, of "what the hell are they going to do" is exponentially increased, by some long passes though.  I just think given Smith's history he favors TE's and RB's. Look at his history in Kansas City.

So for sure Luck is going to get two TD's again and a couple of FG's.  But the Skin's are going to try to open the playbook more and I think they score at least 3 TD's and two FG's. 

27-20 Skin's. 

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That's the spirit!

28-17 Skins over the Colts

31-10 Redskins on our quest to. 500!

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Personally I think Luck has been the most overrated player in the NFL since he was drafted.

34-17 Skins

I was saying in another thread that we really lucked out in that draft, in that it was obvious our QB sucked and the best thing about cousins stepping up, was we were able to rip that bandaid off and move on. The colts are going to fester for a decade with that scab. 

It would be typical Redskins to follow a big win with a surprising loss.  But from the get go of the season, I expected them to go 2-0 and then it might get interesting with the next run of games. I am sticking with that. 

I'll stick to what I've said most of the off season -- with Reed and Thompson and Guice this could be an 11-5 season.  Now, I'll just sub Peterson for Guice. If we lose one of these guys (and sadly I think its almost inevitable in particular with Reed) or even worse lose both then my outlook on the season changes from positive to mediocre.

So I'll go 27-14 Redskins.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

31-10 Redskins on our quest to. 500!

I was saying in another thread that we really lucked out in that draft, in that it was obvious our QB sucked and the best thing about cousins stepping up, was we were able to rip that bandaid off and move on. The colts are going to fester for a decade with that scab. 

Wow, I strongly disagree with you all on Luck. He should have been ROY in 2012 and his first three years they went wild card loss, divisional loss, AFC Champ loss. He has one of the greatest comebacks in playoff history under his belt and he had a road playoff win at Denver as well. The biggest thing for me is that he has had ZERO help in Indy— awful organization and drafts. Brutal, brutal OL. They were 1-15 the year before he arrived and the roster was built for that record. 

Injuries have just derailed him. And I’d also say that only GB may ask more from their QB than Indy does. Just as an example... Luck was really good on Sunday in his first game back. And he was leading them to a potential game winning drive— was making all the plays. But his WR coughed it up and that ended the game. If I had some health assurances I would give up a first and more for him without hesitation. 

13 minutes ago, kleese said:

The biggest thing for me is that he has had ZERO help in Indy

I think saying ZERO is putting a huge dent in what could be a decent opinion. 

T.Y. Hilton is better than any of the Redskins WRs combined. The other weapons he has aren't flashy, but they are decent options as well. 

26 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I think saying ZERO is putting a huge dent in what could be a decent opinion. 

T.Y. Hilton is better than any of the Redskins WRs combined. The other weapons he has aren't flashy, but they are decent options as well. 

You gotta forgive him. He's a Redskins fan. Jim Zorn could be his coach and he'll find a way to justify it.  :ols:

5 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Personally I think Luck has been the most overrated player in the NFL since he was drafted.

34-17 Skins

Always thought that was Brian Bosworth!

48 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

Redskins 27

Colts 13

Outside of Luck, who I feel is overrated, and T.Y. Hilton the Colts are utterly bereft of talent.

T.Y Hilton still has a long way to go to reach Larry Fitzgerald's level of play. So our D should be fine.

Well...

16th of September...

Why do I remember that date?

Must be something important to me... Still can't remember why...

I'll have to find this out...

Archived