Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

4 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Sunday was so good, so satisfying I am still just basking in the afterglow.

Same. Can't stop smiling, and thinking about the dominating win. Makes the whole week a happier one. :) 

People say that being "mediocre" or only winning 9 games is unimpressive or not enough. Some rather be 0-16 than just missing the playoffs. I say **** that attitude. While the Lombardi is always what we want, I also like to enjoy the winning weeks as they come. Makes most of the months of football more enjoyable, and can even spread out onto the real life things we all deal with. 

28 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Same. Can't stop smiling, and thinking about the dominating win. Makes the whole week a happier one. :) 

People say that being "mediocre" or only winning 9 games is unimpressive or not enough. Some rather be 0-16 than just missing the playoffs. I say **** that attitude. While the Lombardi is always what we want, I also like to enjoy the winning weeks as they come. Makes most of the months of football more enjoyable, and can even spread out onto the real life things we all deal with. 

I agree completely, wins are to be savored and a dominating win?  It was so unexpected and enjoyable I am reluctant to change my focus to another game.  I'm just a fan so there is no harm in lingering over it.  If it was possible to strip naked a roll in it like a pile of money I would.  I'm an old fan who needs to savor whatever the Skins can produce during this and whatever seasons I get to enjoy.  I also believe that the road to a championship goes through mediocre and typically a few seasons of mediocre before the triumphant ascent to the contender and championship plateaus.  I predicted 9-7 in the poll I started and today when I really think about it I don't expect better but wow what a win! 

58 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Exactly. Last week was fun and my week is better because of it. What’s happening now matters— even if we ultimately fall short, a competitive season is MUCH more enjoyable than a terrible one. For years that was my lament as a Redskins fan— that they were taking away the joy of just enjoying the season week to week so many times. This has changed, and I am grateful for it. I am also hoping they take the next step and I’ll ultimately be disappointed if they don’t. But at least it’s worth watching and enjoying right now. 

8 minutes ago, Marcdollar 215 said:

Hurricane Florence, a strong hurricane in the Atlantic is possibly heading towards the mid-Atlantic coastline by Friday, according to forecasts, and this could be a problem for some NFL games. I haven't heard anything as of yet, but to everyone on the east coast, keep a close eye on Florence and stay safe; I may have to tell myself the same thing in a couple weeks.

This storm is so far out in the Atlantic right now that there isn't any defined method for an accurate projection.  As hurricanes move closer to land, they slow down.  When they hit land, they stall and the tracking goes out the window.  The graphics used by NOAA and the degree the media sells ads using storms like this are well documented.  I've spent decades in Emergency Management in South Florida...they have no idea where this storm is going.  It's too far out.  Friday, have a look and then you can begin to look at a track.  Right now, they're guessing and toss it out to the public to have everyone prepared for the worst.  It can go anywhere right now.  Just imagine if history was wrong and they actually got a 5 day projection correct, DC would still only be influenced by the yellow bands of wind gusts.  Not sustained winds...and more then likely will have little to no effect on the game.   Nobody knows yet.  If you're game planning then it's probably a good idea to plan for NO Bad Weather rather then make a game plan based on bad weather...So, if it rains...Bad for Luck.  

Basically right now they're calling for the entire East Coast.  They can't predict anything right now except that it might hit the East Coast of the US.  It can just as easily spin East and go off into the Atlantic and not affect land at all, as much as it can make landfall.  

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.00.59 AM.png

24 minutes ago, kleese said:

Exactly. Last week was fun and my week is better because of it. What’s happening now matters— even if we ultimately fall short, a competitive season is MUCH more enjoyable than a terrible one. For years that was my lament as a Redskins fan— that they were taking away the joy of just enjoying the season week to week so many times. This has changed, and I am grateful for it. I am also hoping they take the next step and I’ll ultimately be disappointed if they don’t. But at least it’s worth watching and enjoying right now. 

Very well stated, thanks. :) 

21 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Redskins 74, Colts 3.

One of these years..

There's a weather report than there's theshredder..not being sarcastic, couldn't thank ya enough for that post..

37 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I'm not sure of the particulars.  But I expect a win.  More than anything, I want to see the defense play well again.

Ohhhh and boy howdy do I expect em to..I mean I can see a monster game for our defense.. pick 6, multiple sacks..

Um, hey guys and gals. A little update.

The stein is off for the prize;  I was cleaning it and naturally I ended up dropping it on my kitchen floor. Unless you want a stein that's in a bunch of pieces.

My bad, sorry.

BUT, I am replacing it with a new in pkg Redskins Fremont Die flag, it seems like the kind of flag you can either hang up in your home or outside, it is 100% polyester. It is not one of those thick flags, but its an NFL licensed product.

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

It's gonna be windy.

Skins - 20

Colts - 10

If Kirk can light it up at home in the wind(Packers night game couple years ago)so can Smith

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Um, hey guys and gals. A little update.

The stein is off for the prize;  I was cleaning it and naturally I ended up dropping it on my kitchen floor. Unless you want a stein that's in a bunch of pieces.

My bad, sorry.

BUT, I am replacing it with a new in pkg Redskins Fremont Die flag, it seems like the kind of flag you can either hang up in your home or outside, it is 100% polyester. It is not one of those thick flags, but its an NFL licensed product.

I want a refund..jk.. naturally?.got Butterfingers haha..I would love a new flag..I've never had one..

2 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Sunday was so good, so satisfying I am still just basking in the afterglow.

Oh me too...it was the way we won..just complete domination..in a way I haven't seen in a while..it was special that's for sure..30+ first downs..damn..I believe double the time of possession..it was a dominant win.

I just hope this isn't one of our week 2 "OK, what the hell just happened?" games. I don't see it considering the different strengths of both teams defenses. 

Redskins - 31

Colts - 17

Looks like the NFL put us atop of the Eagles in the standings. Must be the points differential.

The latest weather forecast for the hurricane have it coming ashore a little further south. They are thinking right now that the storm will straddle the North Carolina/South Carolina border as it moves inland.

That's bad for the Carolinas, but possibly good for the D.C. area and the game as the worst effects of the storm may stay far south.

If this team wants to prove they’re “different”, then they have to win. Don’t really care how. There are too many examples of this team looking good and then getting smacked by reality. 

With a healthy Andrew Luck, Colts are probably still the least talented team in the league. With a gimpy one, they are really bad. However, their DL had a good game last week according to PFF

Anyway, against my better judgement, I’ll predict a win but it’ll be closer than we think. Andrew Luck makes a few plays to keep them in it.

Colts 20

Skins 27

7 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The latest weather forecast for the hurricane have it coming ashore a little further south. They are thinking right now that the storm will straddle the North Carolina/South Carolina border as it moves inland.

That's bad for the Carolinas, but possibly good for the D.C. area and the game as the worst effects of the storm may stay far south.

With hurricanes, the strong or 'nasty' side is the right to north part. If you look at a clock as a hurricane, the bad part would be from 12:00 to 6:00 side.

10 years ago, I went through hurricane Ike which directly hit my little island. It was once at cat.4 but winds weakened to cat.2, but the storm surge was still cat. 4 strength, and my home was a 2-story [ bottom just a garage ]. I lived a block away from a bayou, and the water came up to the seam between the 2 floors, which is about 10 feet.

So, please, anyone who is over in that area, do NOT brush this off as just a lot of rain and some wind, hurricanes are seriously dangerous killers, and a storm surge can rise quickly. When Ike's eyewall was directly above, it was quiet, like a summer morning, then when it passed; the storm surge, which had dropped to about 5 feet, rose to 10 feet + in a matter of minutes. If you're caught in it, god be with you.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

With hurricanes, the strong or 'nasty' side is the right to north part. If you look at a clock as a hurricane, the bad part would be from 12:00 to 6:00 side.

10 years ago, I went through hurricane Ike which directly hit my little island. It was once at cat.4 but winds weakened to cat.2, but the storm surge was still cat. 4 strength, and my home was a 2-story [ bottom just a garage ]. I lived a block away from a bayou, and the water came up to the seam between the 2 floors, which is about 10 feet.

So, please, anyone who is over in that area, do NOT brush this off as just a lot of rain and some wind, hurricanes are seriously dangerous killers, and a storm surge can rise quickly. When Ike's eyewall was directly above, it was quiet, like a summer morning, then when it passed; the storm surge, which had dropped to about 5 feet, rose to 10 feet + in a matter of minutes. If you're caught in it, god be with you.

And stock up on lots of ICE...nothing worse then running out of ICE during a Hurricane party, trust me!  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Yeah, most around here I'm sure remember Hurricane Isabel, and the destruction it caused in the Mid-Atlantic.

Hopefully, the people in the Carolinas get through ok, but expect the worst.

Archived