Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Jets Game Thread - Preseason Game II/2018

FS#21

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The commentators could just be making up names of our LB's on the field right now and I wouldn't know 

Nah, I don’t think the commentators even knew the Skins were in the game. Did they ever talk about us?

i think the commentators talked more about the Giants than they did about Washington. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It really was complicated.  Tebow was also a #1 pick, which the Broncos traded up for.  And he had an 8-5 record, and beat the Steelers in an overtime playoff game.

A lot of GM’s would at least ride if out another season.  Even if you KNOW that Tebow wasn’t any good, it’s tough to give up on a first round QB with a winning record and a playoff win regardless who it is.

You forget the guy who traded up for him had been fired and the head coach who experienced that win was his successor. Josh McDaniels was the architect of the team that drafted Tebow. He was fired and they hired Fox and Elway. They brought in Peyton. Tebow won that game under Fox, not McDaniels. 

Just now, Burgold said:

Nah, I don’t think the commentators even knew the Skins were in the game. Did they ever talk about us?

It's not like it was a blow out, when I saw them talking about the Dolphins, I just shrugged it off.  MNF looks like it's gonna suck again, only person I like is Lisa Salters, put her in the booth, dammit.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Redemption?

Our scrubs beat their starters!?

Seems that way.

This is the second week in a row our "scrub" players had to play against a number of starters and veterans.

Do these AFC coaches want to win these preseason games that badly? 

2 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I love that we used Cam Sims to win the game since teams want to light up our backups with their vet QB's. ?

Was he really out of the game for a while and then went back in for that last drive? That would be kinda cool if so, and be an acknowledgement that he's on a different level from those guys

Archived